Shampoo & Soap

My  DW is working on her list of travel beauties. Me, not so much as I use what's on the ship. I do wonder what flavor Carnival is currently using for their shampoo & soap. We're longtime Princess cruisers and they had been using euchalyptus scented products which I always found very refreshing. I just don't recall what Carnival uses. Anyone know? Thanks... 🛁

I always bring my own body wash, shampoo, and conditioner in case I don't like what the hotel/cruise cabin offers. My cruise next month is also my first time in a spa cabin so maybe I'll love their Elemis stuff, but I'll bring my bath and bodyworks anyway😎

9 hours ago, highflyingrealtor said:

I do wonder what flavor Carnival is currently using for their shampoo & soap.

I'm not sure what flavor it is, but whatever it is, it tastes terrible! 

But, seriously, I always used it in my younger days and liked how it smelled, but my skin has gotten more sensitive in the past few years and now I have to be more careful about what I use, so I just stick to bringing my own soap and shampoo that I know is okay for me to use.

If you like eucalyptus, I personally love it, I can recommend either the "tea tree mint" or "eucalyptus mint" shampoo from a brand called OGX, it's a little pricey, $5-6 bucks for a 13oz bottle at Walmart or Target, but it's very refreshing.  

11 minutes ago, goofdad said:

A different question on this topic?

I understand there is body wash and shampoo dispensers in the cabin bathrooms.  Is there also bar soap?

I believe there is.  If I'm wrong, I will get corrected. 🙂

1 hour ago, Butterbean1000 said:

There is bar soap, but I always pack my own antibiotic liquid soap for hand washing.  I don't normally use antibiotic soaps at home, but I do when I cruise.

Smart!!! We also get those travel size hand sanitizers on a keychain and attach it to our card lanyard. Better safe than sorry!

9 hours ago, Llamabear said:

Smart!!! We also get those travel size hand sanitizers on a keychain and attach it to our card lanyard. Better safe than sorry!

THANK YOU! I need to check my own supplies of travel size hand sanitizers and if needed, buy some more. I had overlooked this, until I read your post. Very helpful! 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, BBigfoot613 said:

For those that say they bring their own... Any have their bottles leak in their luggage? Tip/advice on how to avoid? gallon size zip locks?

We got a travel bottle set that had 4 bottles in a plastic carry pouch with a zip top from Walmart. Also, we carry on our toiletries bag so that also greatly reduces the chances of stuff getting squashed and leaking. 

The spa cabins have a small sample sizes of the Elemis products, they are very nice but not enough to last all cruise long.  We use the body wash and shampoo provided but also bring conditioner.  Zip lock bags for us to protect against any spillage for liquid products.

On 3/11/2019 at 6:33 AM, schazzy said:

If you like eucalyptus, I personally love it, I can recommend either the "tea tree mint" or "eucalyptus mint" shampoo from a brand called OGX, it's a little pricey, $5-6 bucks for a 13oz bottle at Walmart or Target, but it's very refreshing.  

I like even better the “Eucalyptus Spearmint” scented products from Bath and Body Works (although they have discontinued the shampoo.).  The 10-oz. bottle of body wash costs $13.50 but you can often get it on sale.  In fact, it was on sale at 50% off a week ago.  And since a little goes a ling way, a bottle lasts a long time. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, GradUT said:

I like even better the “Eucalyptus Spearmint” scented products from Bath and Body Works (although they have discontinued the shampoo.).  The 10-oz. bottle of body wash costs $13.50 but you can often get it on sale.  In fact, it was on sale at 50% off a week ago.  And since a little goes a ling way, a bottle lasts a long time. 

I have the candles and the hand soap :classic_biggrin: We love B&BW and live for their sales.

Edited by schazzy

I actually brought a full size empty bath wash bottle and tipped the steward to fill it with body wash.  🙂  It's my happy souvenir.  That way, I can always remember my vacations between cruise trips.  Which reminds me, I'm getting low on my supply.  Time for another cruise!

Edited by Ak4n3
spelling
  • Haha 1