Ruby Princess Debarkment Seattle

jronan

That's quite a gamble. Things you can do to help your plight: get PreCheck, have flights on an airline where you've got priority boarding automatically (i.e. where you don't need to be online 23.9999 hours before the flight to get early boarding) or not have much carry-on luggage for your flight, have easy-to-spot luggage or be packed light enough that you truly can handle your own luggage all the way off the ship. Things you have no control over: the fact that it's bare-minimum 30 minutes travel time, plus an extra 5-15 to get out of the cruise terminal at a busy time, and Seattle can have all sorts of traffic surprises and summertime weekend highway road work, so an extra 30 minutes travel time is quite feasible on the "wrong" day.

• Like 1

I agree with the others, if you do that flight, make sure you can walk off with your luggage and have transportation set.  I think it's doable, but the stress would be too much for me.  😉 

17 hours ago, jronan said:

Is it safe to book a 10:50 am flight for debarkment day ?

There's no way I'd do it, to early and to much of a gamble. If one thing went wrong, heavy traffic, long lines at TSA etc. you'd be screwed. I think the moon and the stars would have to line up perfectly on that day to make a 10:50am flight.

3 hours ago, Potstech said:

Look into a service called Port Valet which is supposed to be similar to EZ Checkin Fort Lauderdale.  Then your luggage will be taken care of. 

Unfortunately, a 10:50 am flight would not qualify for the free Seattle Port Valet service.  Too early.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Eaglecw said:

There's no way I'd do it, to early and to much of a gamble. If one thing went wrong, heavy traffic, long lines at TSA etc. you'd be screwed. I think the moon and the stars would have to line up perfectly on that day to make a 10:50am flight.

I agree with Eaglecw, especially if you are traveling during the summer (as oppose to either early May or late September), and even then it would be iffy.  Your 10:50 am flight doesn't qualify you for the Seattle Port Valet service, so you would need to check your luggage, then get into a TSA line.  SeaTac is crazy busy in the summer (150K daily weekends), and they seriously recommend arriving at least 2 hours before your flight.  Any flights available after 11:30 am / noon?

• 3 months later...

I used Lyft from Pier 91 to SeaTac airport last year..I did the self disembark with my rolling luggage. I was picked up at 7:36am and dropped off at the airport at 8:05am.   Traffic was light that early ... I made my 10:30am flight with time to spare....I do have TSA precheck and I pack light in a carryon plus a personal bag so I can move about quickly

1 hour ago, NCmtncruiser said:

I used Lyft from Pier 91 to SeaTac airport last year..I did the self disembark with my rolling luggage. I was picked up at 7:36am and dropped off at the airport at 8:05am.   Traffic was light that early ... I made my 10:30am flight with time to spare....I do have TSA precheck and I pack light in a carryon plus a personal bag so I can move about quickly

Price?

3 hours ago, NCmtncruiser said:

Would not count on this kind of time anytime if getting off at Pier 91 to the airport. Several laws had to be broken to do this.

This May, we did the Ruby cruise. I had changed my flight to 1:00 due to a change of my original time of 12:30 to 11:05. I was sure glad I did. All the lines at TSA were very long, and took about 45 minutes to get through. Another couple in front of us had a 1:30 flight and were terrified they would miss it. The were on another airline so I don't know if they made it, but if they did, it was very close. To me, having the later flight and not having to bite my nails was well worth it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/20/2019 at 12:29 AM, Potstech said:

Would not count on this kind of time anytime if getting off at Pier 91 to the airport. Several laws had to be broken to do this.

No laws broken...just an easy early morning Lyft ride in light traffic as I said.

20190630_165827.jpg

3 hours ago, NCmtncruiser said:

No laws broken...just an easy early morning Lyft ride in light traffic as I said.

20190630_165827.jpg

Again I would not count on those kind of times to the Seattle airport.

• Haha 1

So EZ-Air puts in an 11:00 am returning flight time when booking, and I chose an 11:40 am flight time.  Hoping this will us plenty of time to get off the ship and get to the airport from Pier 91 to SEA during the month of May, lol.

FWIW, back in May, I was among the first to walk-off at 8:00am (CBP would not process us before then) and made it to a 10:30am flight getting there by public bus and light rail. But as an airline employee flying standby, I had nothing to lose by trying. I would not have tried this if I had a non-refundable revenue ticket. Also, I had Pre-Check so through security in about 1 minute. I think I was at the gate by 9:45.

2 hours ago, 13cheermom said:

So EZ-Air puts in an 11:00 am returning flight time when booking, and I chose an 11:40 am flight time.  Hoping this will us plenty of time to get off the ship and get to the airport from Pier 91 to SEA during the month of May, lol.

If EZ Air indicates an 11:00am departure is "legal" for SEA, then I wouldn't worry much about a flight scheduled 10 minutes earlier than that - especially if I have TSAPre.  And no checked bags.

IMO, Princess is ridiculously conservative in Florida at Port Everglades for FLL flights (and then lengthened the time 2 - 3 years ago), so I would not be surprised if they do the same thing elsewhere.  I do temper that a bit as some posters indicate could be a longish trip to SEA airport.  As many of us know, FLL is about a 5 - 10 minute cab ride from T2 to airport, depending on the traffic lights.

6 hours ago, steelers36 said:

I imagine you know you can just click on the thanks icon on the post you a referencing and no longer need to type a new post?

Thanks! 

I’m still old school and resisting change at every turn brah.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, steelers36 said:

I imagine you know you can just click on the thanks icon on the post you a referencing and no longer need to type a new post?

On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 9:45 PM, Colo Cruiser said:

Thanks!