🛳 World Cruise 2021 info - Island Princess

Coral

9 hours ago, hpeabody said:

I am wondering how it will be the "most exciting world expedition yet" when it is the same 111 days long I seem to recall seeing each year recently.  Maybe they didn't used to give free internet (of course free wifi doesn't necessarily mean free internet - the wifi is always free).

Edited by steelers36

On 3/15/2019 at 5:13 AM, steelers36 said:

I am wondering how it will be the "most exciting world expedition yet" when it is the same 111 days long I seem to recall seeing each year recently.  Maybe they didn't used to give free internet (of course free wifi doesn't necessarily mean free internet - the wifi is always free).

I think this is a common marketing term. For example - I work in "IT" and every year you hear "this is the fastest computer we have ever offered". Well, they are right but it got old 25 years ago.

Just curious.    How many world cruises does Princess have now each year?     It seems that years ago there might have been only 1 per year.   I think I'm seeing at least 3 now starting in different parts of the world.   Do you think world cruises have become more popular?   With the larger ships being used has or will the prices come down a bit?   I know I can't afford a complete world cruise but it sure sounds interesting.

We are considering this cruise although we've never had more than two sea days in a row on our cruises as most are extremely port intensive. This fall will be our first TA which will be a good trial run. That being said, does anyone have an opinion as to port or starboard balcony cabins knowing that the ship moves from east to west with short portions going in a southerly or northerly direction. It would seem to the uninitiated that you would be sailing into the sun but would like a bit of sun to enjoy on the balcony. Any thoughts would be appreciated as we mull this over before potentially pulling the trigger later in the week when the launch fares are announced. Thanks!

Just now, azbirdmom said:

It's actually March 27th at 9AM PDT early booking for Elites.  They sent out an email a couple days ago.

Yea - I hadn't gotten the email yet when I posted this.

Edited by Coral

On 3/17/2019 at 8:48 AM, AF-1 said:

Pamwigs,    except remember your return trip;  so actually you need to book 330 days from when you plan on returning home from your trip. 

My understanding is (and I have checked pricing the odd time) that EZ-Air has very good one-way pricing (a lot of people only need one way due to sailing the other).  Unlike airlines which charge arm and leg prices for one-way trans-Atlantic for example.  

That said, it might not hurt to wait until the return date desired is available to book for price shopping.  What do others think?  Book one-ways via EZ-Air or wait until return trips can be booked?

I am curious about this for future travel.  (For this summer, I used my final FF points to book two different one-way flights).

2 hours ago, steelers36 said:

My understanding is (and I have checked pricing the odd time) that EZ-Air has very good one-way pricing (a lot of people only need one way due to sailing the other).  Unlike airlines which charge arm and leg prices for one-way trans-Atlantic for example.  

That said, it might not hurt to wait until the return date desired is available to book for price shopping.  What do others think?  Book one-ways via EZ-Air or wait until return trips can be booked?

I am curious about this for future travel.  (For this summer, I used my final FF points to book two different one-way flights).

I am not sure, but the options given are to cruise, from cruise, or both

If you only book to the ship when it is available, I do not know if it will let you switch from "to cruise" to "both" and still keep your original reservation. Maybe someone reading us knows that answer.

4 minutes ago, caribill said:

I am not sure, but the options given are to cruise, from cruise, or both

If you only book to the ship when it is available, I do not know if it will let you switch from "to cruise" to "both" and still keep your original reservation. Maybe someone reading us knows that answer.

I asked Princess this question after booking one way for a TA.  I was told that in order to book round trip, I would need to cancel the initial reservation and rebook. 

I'm surprised that they are using the Island Princess for the world cruise.The ship is lacking in many areas.   When they added those extra cabins it's not had the best reviews.   Don't think it would be my choice even with all those perks.

I received the email from Princess today stating that this cruise is available for elite members to book on-line.  Inside cabins on several segments are already sold out.  I don't think Princess is going to have any problems filling the ship. 

4 hours after it opened up, all suites and mini suites were showing as “Sold Out”. And most balcony categories showed a “Guarantee” only. Also the perks they advertised - Free Gratuities, Free Airfare, and $1000 OBC were only for the full 111days.   No perks at all for booking individual legs.   No thanks!!!

1 minute ago, LewesBeach said:

Also the perks they advertised - Free Gratuities, Free Airfare, and $1000 OBC were only for the full 111days.

Think it also includes the 97 day LA -->  FLL. Still sounds like Princess may be controlling the cabins as usual.  People on the current WC were allowed to book early while onboard their current cruise.

How many people book two WC's in a row? 

Does Princess "throttle" capacity on the first day on purpose perhaps?

Too bad they don't recognize Mar 28 in Australia since we are still here finishing up our vacation.  😉

My TA booking engine doesn't have these cruises loaded yet.  It will be interesting to see what shows tomorrow on Princess for availability and at what time in the morning Princess opens it up.

Princess CSR says 6:00am PT

Edited by steelers36
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Got the Elite preview email today and opened it within 5 minutes and the majority of the mini suites and suites are sold out.   What?     🙄🙄🙄

Popular ship? 

1 hour ago, steelers36 said:

How many people book two WC's in a row?

Hard to say but our friends currently on their 3rd in a row (who were able to sign up for the next one early while on board) are cruising with many friends from their previous WC's.