Southampton hotels that provide parking

stecee

Hi, I’m looking for recommendations for hotels that will provide parking for the duration of our cruise . We have caught a coach down in the past but have decided to drive ourselves down the day before and have the night in Southampton pre cruise. I know there are hotels that offer the above. Thanks in advance

Our favourite is the Holiday Inn Herbert Walker Ave (I think is the road). It is right by the quay side  and the rooms have fabulous views of the ships coming and going. You leave your car there and they arrange taxis for you. Which berth do you sail from?

Here is the link on TripAdvisor

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g186299-d214798-Reviews-Holiday_Inn_Southampton-Southampton_Hampshire_England.html

1 hour ago, AndyMichelle said:

Many Southampton hotels offer a parking package for cruises. Chilworth Manor always gets good feedback whenever this question is asked, it is a Best Western just on the outskirts of town and provide transfers.

Have a great time.

Andy

We have used Chilworth in the past and found it good. We have recently used The New Place, mainly because it was 35 nights and they only charged £2.50/night for the extra 20 nights. Holiday inn is good on a fixed cruise package, however extra nights are £12.50/night.

17 hours ago, Presto2 said:

I’ve no idea which berth we are sailing from, at the moment all I know is we are sailing from Southampton in May next year on the Anthem of the Seas.

Thanks for your suggestions , it seems to be too far out to get a price yet.

Edited by stecee

2 hours ago, stecee said:

I’ve no idea which berth we are sailing from, at the moment all I know is we are sailing from Southampton in May next year on the Anthem of the Seas.

Thanks for your suggestions , it seems to be too far out to get a price yet.

You will be sailing from City Terminal berth 101, that is used by all RCI group ships.

• Thanks 1

I have used the Holiday Inn and Chilworth Manor and found them both to be fine and work well.  Next weekend I am using the Ibis Hotel as it offered the best value - although you need to pay for your own taxis there.

If you did use the Holiday Inn and ask for a room at the rear of the hotel, you would be able to wake up and look directly at your ship which will be berthed literally just behind the hotel!  I recall some years ago looking straight at Independence of the Seas when she was berthed there from one of the Holiday Inn rooms. 

It is also worth costing up a budget for parking and hotel separately.   Most hotels check guests out at noon and boarding is sometimes scheduled a bit later.  If you factor in half an hour or so drive to quayside it can work out well.  This gives a far wider selection of hotels to choose from and the various parking companies as a combo.

Regards John

18 minutes ago, john watson said:

It is also worth costing up a budget for parking and hotel separately.   Most hotels check guests out at noon and boarding is sometimes scheduled a bit later.  If you factor in half an hour or so drive to quayside it can work out well.  This gives a far wider selection of hotels to choose from and the various parking companies as a combo.

Regards John

That’s the approach we’ve followed. It’s rarely any more expensive, often cheaper, and avoids the risks involved in leaving a car in what can be a relatively insecure hotel car park.

I've been lucky so far in finding that room+parking has always worked out cheaper.  For my next, short cruise, parking for 4 nights worked out at between £60 to £70.  My deal with the Ibis was £81 including the room., so maybe about £95 including taxis.

We have always used CPS or P4C because I do not fancy the idea of leaving my car in a hotel car park which is open to access by the general public with no security and no liability by the hotel if something went wrong.

The Holiday Inn has entrance & exit barriers, with the exit one requiring a ticket from reception.  The Ibis also seems to have barriers but not sure how they operate.  I will also hope that my bright red, 9 year-old 1.2 Corsa won't be the most attractive vehicle in the car park to potential thieves :classic_biggrin:

29 minutes ago, Britboys said:

The Holiday Inn has entrance & exit barriers, with the exit one requiring a ticket from reception.  The Ibis also seems to have barriers but not sure how they operate.  I will also hope that my bright red, 9 year-old 1.2 Corsa won't be the most attractive vehicle in the car park to potential thieves :classic_biggrin:

The barriers were gone when we were then in January this year. 

47 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

The barriers were gone when we were then in January this year. 

How odd - they charge all guests and it is fairly city-centre in location so I wonder how they are policing it?

11 minutes ago, Britboys said:

How odd - they charge all guests and it is fairly city-centre in location so I wonder how they are policing it?

Parking Eye, perhaps - or some such outfit?  I'd be very concerned at leaving a car in a hotel car park that doesn't have the sort of security that CPS etc operate.

The last two times I was at the Holiday inn they had the barriers fitted the first time and not fitted the second time. Charged us a fiver for a nights stay which I thought was a bit high.

• 2 weeks later...

We sailed on ventura on the 12th march 2019 for twelve nights, we booked to stay in the holiday inn the night before so 13 nights parking needed, my wife had NHS discount for the room so that went down to £71.20 from Around £85 but if we booked parking as well it would of been around £168 for the room and up to 15 nights parking, we booked the room separately and then booked the parking through yourparkingspace online and paid £65 for 13 nights a total of £136.20 so a saving of £32, we had to pay for a taxi to the mayflower terminal each way was £8 but still a saving and if you are sailing from city berth 101 you can just walk to it about 300 meters away