New Diamond- what to expect on Enchantment

JinxyB

Hi, it will be my first time cruising as a diamond on the 3-day Enchantment Cruise. I have looked at the guide on Royal’s website regarding tier benefits, but does anyone have the specific coupons that will be loaded on the seapass card?

Also, is there a ‘Diamond Club’ on Enchantment?  Am I able to bring my minor child to this - I’m assuming he will be a Diamond as well?  Thanks for any tips!

Enchantment tends to have less diamonds than an average cruise so it’s a pretty enjoyable time

in the lounge.  You may have a hard time right at 4:30 finding a seat but once dinner hits its crickets up there.

Your child is diamond but they get separate privileges and coupons.   Their coupons are an arcade discount, and some other kid related discounts.  They do not get the choice of a welcome amenity.  

Edited by rimmit

Best perk>  You will get 3 free drinks per night from 4:30-7.30 at any of the  bars onboard. It will be loaded on your set sail pass.  In addition you will be able to get drinks and tidbits  in the Diamond club during cocktail time.   

Edited by Missymo

1 minute ago, lovescats5 said:

Why does a D have to use his 3 free drinks only between 4:40 and 7:30?  If they are loaded on the sea pass card shouldn't he be able to use them anytime, anywhere?

The coupons are meant to relieve crowding in the lounges, and therefore have the same time restriction as drinks in the lounges.

That makes sense and I guess if they used them at a different time they would still go to the D lounge during that time frame but people talk about drinking many drinks in the lounge during that time.  Do they get the 3 free and then are still able to go to the lounge during "Happy Time"? Seems a little unfair to the Diamond but then I am not one yet.  Will make that milestone Feb. 2020.

Thank you all!  Another question and please don’t flame...if I order a beer, can I ask that they don’t open it (prefer day drinking but I’ll take what I can get if it’s free).

Is the 40% off beverage package discount applicable to all sailings?

Edited by JinxyB

18 minutes ago, lovescats5 said:

That makes sense and I guess if they used them at a different time they would still go to the D lounge during that time frame but people talk about drinking many drinks in the lounge during that time.  Do they get the 3 free and then are still able to go to the lounge during "Happy Time"? Seems a little unfair to the Diamond but then I am not one yet.  Will make that milestone Feb. 2020.

You are not limited to drinks in the Diamond Lounge.  

34 minutes ago, Missymo said:

Best perk>  You will get 3 free drinks per night from 4:30-7.30 at any of the  bars onboard. It will be loaded on your set sail pass.  In addition you will be able to get drinks and tidbits  in the Diamond club during cocktail time.   

24 minutes ago, lovescats5 said:

Why does a D have to use his 3 free drinks only between 4:40 and 7:30?  If they are loaded on the sea pass card shouldn't he be able to use them anytime, anywhere?

The time span is 4:30 to 8.  (on some ships, it's 5 to 8:30 - it aligns with the fixed dining times.  One hour before first seating to start time of second seating)

The free drinks are offered in the lounge during that time frame.  An alternative to drinking in the lounge is to use the vouchers on your SeaPass card at other bars.  (and most ships = dining rooms).  That is what they are for:  drinks during "happy hours."

9 minutes ago, JinxyB said:

Thank you all!  Another question and please don’t flame...if I order a beer, can I ask that they don’t open it (prefer day drinking but I’ll take what I can get if it’s free).

You can ask that the beer be unopened, maybe you will get lucky, but be prepared for them to refuse.

The 40% Pinnacle discount on the Deluxe package is available for all sailings.

11 minutes ago, JinxyB said:

On some ships, the server will tell you that s/he is required to open it for you.  On other ships, you can get it unopened.  You won't know until you ask.

There is no 40% discount for you unless you are Pinnacle.

Diamond Plus are offered a 30% discount on the Deluxe Beverage Package when you purchase it on board only.

I hope the OP doesn't mind I hijacked this thread to ask questions as well.  

1: We are bringing our 18 month old, will she be allowed in DL during cocktail hours? Are there highchairs in there? I'm thinking she would like to have some fruit and maybe some of the other items to eat.

2: What types of snacks they offer in the DL during cocktail hour or throughout the day (morning, afternoon)?  

3: Each Diamond member gets their own coupon loaded? So, one internet coupon for me, and one internet coupon for wife?  We are both diamond on our own. Also, this would allow us to get 2 free photos then?

4: How does the free internet for a day work? I was thinking to use one for last day to check into flight. 

5: Does beer by the glass mean draft beer only? Bottled beer is technically in a glass. Wife doesn't drink alcohol so if there are two separate coupons loaded for each card I will use her card for more beer. Any idea what draft beers are available on Indy?

3 minutes ago, NKLCRUISES said:

3: Each Diamond member gets their own coupon loaded? So, one internet coupon for me, and one internet coupon for wife?  We are both diamond on our own. Also, this would allow us to get 2 free photos then?

4: How does the free internet for a day work? I was thinking to use one for last day to check into flight. 

Yes. Yes. Yes.

When you choose VOOM plans the last choice is usually the 24 hr package and its cost is the same as your D discount - buy that. The 24 (sometimes 25) hour clock starts then.

Edited by Biker19

9 minutes ago, NKLCRUISES said:

5: Does beer by the glass mean draft beer only? Bottled beer is technically in a glass. Wife doesn't drink alcohol so if there are two separate coupons loaded for each card I will use her card for more beer. Any idea what draft beers are available on Indy?

Indy has Playmakers which has better draft options than I've had previously on any RCCL cruise!  I'm an IPA fan and typically drink vodka on board BUT stopped at Playmakers walking in and enjoyed a few Grapefruit Sculpins.  I don't recall what else they had but that's you best bet for decent beer options if your loaded coupons can be used there!  They also had some of the best bar drinks there!

7 minutes ago, NKLCRUISES said:

1: We are bringing our 18 month old, will she be allowed in DL during cocktail hours? Are there highchairs in there? I'm thinking she would like to have some fruit and maybe some of the other items to eat.

2: What types of snacks they offer in the DL during cocktail hour or throughout the day (morning, afternoon)?  

1. You can bring any kids.  We have brought our kids since they were 9 months old.  We typically find a quiet corner if it's overflow, and bring the ipads or some toys.  There has never been a high chair in any diamond lounge we have been in and we have been in many.  The concierge's are always super nice to the kids ever since they made it a standing policy on pretty much every ship to allow children in the D lounge.  We were denied on the Freedom many years ago, but never since, as I think RCI realized the average age of the Diamond crowd is dropping drastically that they have had to adjust some of their previous rules. 

2. AM it's continental breakfast that varies by ship.  Typically fruit and cold cuts. Sometimes donuts, sometimes cereal.  It's ship dependent.  for the Happy hour it is also ship dependent.  Typically wings, some petit fours, fruit, cheese etc.  Changes nightly for the most part.

3. You each get your own coupons. So two pics, two days of internet, etc.

4. The internet is a coupon that you apply when you checkout when you buy the internet on your computer or phone.  It is preloaded.

5.  I do not know the beer selection as I do not drink beer. Beer is not by the glass from what I have seen in the lounge.  It is bottles only.  Maybe at the bars you can get draft, but since I do not drink beer I do not know.

15 hours ago, JinxyB said:

We do this all the time. We just ask the bartender for a beer "to go". They rarely question why you don't want them to open it for you.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, lovescats5 said:

We were Diamond for the the first time on our last cruise which was on Enchantment.  We had MTD.  We would first go to the Diamond lounge at opening.  I would enjoy a couple of glasses of wine (wife doesn't drinkg) perhaps have a few nibbles.  Then I would get a glass of wine to go.  On the first night, my needed to use the facilities.  I asked her to grab me a glass of wine on her way back since it was still during the time period where the 3 ticket "coupons" were in effect.

When she got back the assistant server no need to leave the dining room to get your free drink  I will get it for you.  Note the ablitity to do this in the MDR seems to be inconsistent between ships.

24 minutes ago, NKLCRUISES said:

I just did this for the first time last week on Adventure. We were a group of four, all Diamond members. We each had one free day. Turn your WiFi on. Connect to Royal WiFi. It will ask your name, D.O.B. and stateroom number. Then it will ask you to create a user name and password and what package you want. When you go to check out, it will apply the coupon that is loaded on your Sea Pass. It was very easy to do.

Edited by cruiseguy1016

1 hour ago, NKLCRUISES said:

You'll probably have to feed her in the stroller. Is she to big for one of those chairs that attach to the table🤔

20 hours ago, lovescats5 said:

You get unlimited free drinks during happy hour plus 3 drinks in other bars.

Some people call at a bar before going in to the restaurant to get free drinks to take in to the restaurant.