MSC - False advertising regarding Fantastica drink packages!

pzsdd6

I hope it works out that way at port.

I found it amazing that the manager would tell me that I had to abid by the terms of a contract when MSC totally ignores their obligation. Sell a customer an upgrade package, take their money, then refuse to give them what they paid for......

Simply amazing!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, pzsdd6 said:

I hope it works out that way at port.

I found it amazing that the manager would tell me that I had to abid by the terms of a contract when MSC totally ignores their obligation. Sell a customer an upgrade package, take their money, then refuse to give them what they paid for......

Simply amazing!

I booked in July of last year in a Bella cabin and it listed the 12 drink vouchers. I also noticed that the vouchers ended in March of this year but I thought oh well I will just buy a drink package anyway. Sometime last year I noticed I had the easy drink package on mine or at least i think that's the way it worked out. 

Anyway I upgraded to the premium package and it worked out good for me.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pzsdd6 said:

.She put me on hold to check the latest with her manager. When she returned she stated that the drink coupons had been canceled with no other compensation, end of story

Pzsdd6:

Despite what the “manager” said, I wouldn’t be surprised if you get onboard and find out that your vouchers are grandfathered in. Let me tell you why.

As mentioned on one of my previous posts, MSC downgraded the drink package for the Aurea experience to the “Easy package” the week before we sailed on the Meraviglia. Even when I printed my paperwork, it stated “Easy package”. Like you, I felt that I had been deceived. 

We got on the ship and the first time I went to get a drink, I asked the bartender what I was entitled to. He directed me to the Easy package selections. Another bartender that was listening stopped the one I was talking to and told him to take my card and scan it, and the system would tell him what I was entitled to. Sure enough, I had been grandfathered in to the upgraded drink package. From that point on, every time I ordered something, I would ask if the drink I wanted was included. Every time, the bartender would scan my card, look at the screen, and tell me that I was grandfathered in. 

Long story short, I get the feeling that, with so many passengers  onboard, different “experiences”, nationalities, and booking dates, nobody can really give a straight answer until they phyisically scan your card onboard and read off the sceeen what you’re entitled to. 

I would not be surprised if the answer that you received from a manager was a canned answer without first verifying your booking status. Moreso, I wouldn’t be surprised if the agent you spoke to never spoke to a manager and just gave you “an answer”.

i do hope that all the aggravation that this issue has caused you has been for nothing and that you will be getting exactly what you booked. If not, I still hope you have a fantastic cruise. You’re booked aboard a beautiful ship with tons of opportunities to make wonderful memories. If you don’t get the vouchers after all, I do hope that you can look beyond it and not let that cloud the rest of your cruise.

Please have a great cruise on behalf of those of us who will be stuck ar work that week! 😂 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, citizenfrank said:

I have NEVER EVER failed to get connected, transferred or answered first time on the MSC telephone line.

On hold no more than five minutes and always polite staff on the call.

I think that time of day contributes to the wait time and customer service experience. I learned to call early in the morning when the phone lines opened, and every time I’d get through without waiting. And in the most part, the agents were cheery and courteous, probably because at that time of day they hadn’t been beaten down by disgruntled guests who had been on hold forever. 😂

My eticket of mid May cruise also says 12 drink voucher. Knowing how incompetent it is with MSC's software enginner, I take it with a grain of salt. It's probably someone forgot to change the template and it generated that line.

9 hours ago, thetaro said:

My eticket of mid May cruise also says 12 drink voucher. Knowing how incompetent it is with MSC's software enginner, I take it with a grain of salt. It's probably someone forgot to change the template and it generated that line.

This is interesting.  Our cruise is before yours, I’ve done the web check-ins and we still haven’t received our e-tickets.  We cruise 04/28

edit to add..went to the website and requested my e-tickets be emailed and I received them immediately.  My paperwork also shows the drink vouchers are included.  I guess we’ll all  be surprised to see if we get them or not.

93AD0AF6-CFB7-4F33-838F-E3D3216926A4.jpeg

Edited by styles27

13 hours ago, pzsdd6 said:

I guess the old saying “A bad day on a cruise ship is still better that a good day most anywhere else!”

Just have to keep smiling!!!   😁

I am sure the passengers on this ship would disagree 

To state that there was no notice is utter nonsense and completely false information. MSC Has had noted on their website for months (going into last summer even) that the fantastica experience would not include drink vouchers after March of this year.  It was clearly noted on every single cruise I priced, as I even called and asked if anything would replace it and that overall it made no sense to book the Fantastica over the Bella if booking after March.  Only reason we even kept the Fantastica was because everyone in our group wanted to be on the same deck and they were Fantastica cabins.  I booked for Sept 2019 last summer clearly knowing I would not get the vouchers.  

I would be pleasantly surprised if we actually receive the vouchers, but I don't count on it as I clearly knew when I booked that I wasn't getting them. 

Edited by mom2tcdx2
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, mom2tcdx2 said:

To state that there was no notice is utter nonsense and completely false information. MSC Has had noted on their website for months (going into last summer even) that the fantastica experience would not include drink vouchers after March of this year.  It was clearly noted on every single cruise I priced, as I even called and asked if anything would replace it and that overall it made no sense to book the Fantastica over the Bella if booking after March.  Only reason we even kept the Fantastica was because everyone in our group wanted to be on the same deck and they were Fantastica cabins.  I booked for Sept 2019 last summer clearly knowing I would not get the vouchers.  

I would be pleasantly surprised if we actually receive the vouchers, but I don't count on it as I clearly knew when I booked that I wasn't getting them. 

Absolutely true for us as well. We booked our upcoming May cruise in July 2018 and knew at the time that drink vouchers would no longer be included in the Fantastica experience after March 2019.

We have also got our e-tickets and they do indicate drink vouchers. If we get them we will be very happy, but are not really expecting them.

28 minutes ago, XLVIII said:

Absolutely true for us as well. We booked our upcoming May cruise in July 2018 and knew at the time that drink vouchers would no longer be included in the Fantastica experience after March 2019.

We have also got our e-tickets and they do indicate drink vouchers. If we get them we will be very happy, but are not really expecting them.

Some of us actually booked before they announced that the vouchers would no longer be included and they were listed on our booking when we logged into the MSC site . Then they just disappeared from the booking with no communication.

I actually found about about them being discontinued on CC. I then had to relay the information to others in our group who do not use CC as they also got no communication from MSC.

On 3/27/2019 at 12:30 PM, TomC21 said:

Yes, you can add the military active duty or veteran discount of 5%. I believe the total combined discount can’t go above 10%. I don’t remember who I emailed it to, but I remember reading it somewhere on their website terms and conditions

MSC Voyager members get 5%, any military ("active/reserve) or veteran gets 5-10%.  When you book as MSC Voyager memeber, system automatically deduct 5% discount.  If you are military, you have to call or TA needs to call with document to get military discount, if you already have 5% they will deduct only 5% to give maximum of 10% total discount.

• + 5% discount on Interior and Ocean View staterooms
  • + 10% off Balcony, Suite, and MSC Yacht Club (Deluxe Suites) staterooms
  • + Book multiple staterooms with your discount
  • + 100% Future cruise credit for redeployment**
  • + Kids sail free on select sailings***
  • + Best value in cruising

*Up to a 10% discount can be applied to the prevailing market and/or promotional rates based on ship sailing date chosen. 

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Cruise-Deals/Military-Discount-Rates.aspx

Edited by ashank1m

I would agree those who booked before MSC decided to make that change should still receive something.  Though the sadness of them still offering a Fantastica and Bella without them really have any actual true benefit is rather ridiculous.  I did think it was rather bad of them to still show even when I booked the vouchers, knowing full well it wasn't on my sailing and their IT department should have clearly been able to adjust for cruises after the March 2019 date.  

Though my sister booked the Aurea before apparently the easy package change, so I am hoping she gets covered for the older package.  She will be pissed as she already hated her first MSC cruise and she decided to give them another go.  That would just add more fuel to her fire LOL.  

35 minutes ago, ashank1m said:

MSC Voyager members get 5%, any military ("active/reserve) or veteran gets 5-10%. 

Also, it should be noted that active and retired Fire, EMS, Police and Educators (Elementary through University) are eligible for the 5-10% additional discount.

3 hours ago, alkotik said:

I am sure the passengers on this ship would disagree 

Oh, I don't know..I read that entire thread on the Viking board...and to a person, no one complained...I give them credit.  

• Like 1

I may not agree with everything PZSDD6 has to say against MSC, but he does bring up some strong points. This whole Fantastica drink voucher thing is a fiasco. Even the obvious MSC cheerleaders should see that. I booked a July 2019 Seaside cruise two weeks ago and even the travel agent assured me that 12 vouchers were included (she didn't even know because they did such a fine job of burying it in the fine print).

I just did a mock booking for my own cruise 2 minutes ago. Under the tab "Compare MSC Experiences" under the Fantastica column 12 drink voucher is checked off with an asterisk  (* The 12-drink voucher package is able to be purchased until the last sailing of the Winter season, which will vary by ship.)

Now.... English is not my mother tongue, Italian is (oh the irony). The wording in that sentence is very misleading. The way I read that is is that anyone who PURCHASES a fantastica experience (ie book a cruise) before the last sailing of the winter season (March 20, 2019) should be getting the drink vouchers. Now call me crazy, but but that sentence is not clear at all.

Edited by solomio

12 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

You booked in September 2018 many others have stated it was stated on the website well in advance of that date the vouchers would end after winter siblings. XLIII above, amongst others knew and understood well before September the offer was ending.

I agree the wording was not clear at all by just saying the vouchers would end after winter sailings, however June 2019 was ever going to be included in the winter sailings.

There were some who booked before the amouncent, but you were not one of them.

To be clear......we booked in June 2018, not September, in fact ours was paid in full before then........

I am in the group that booked and paid in full last year before MSC announced or posted anything about removing the drinks from the Fantastica package. We should be compensated......period!

Should MSC want to remove the drinks or make any other changes....fine, but stop advertising it and charging customers for something they have no intention of providing.......that’s FRAUD! Period!

MSC has had more than adequate time to update information, retrain employees, and update their site with correct information.

Like the others in this group, I will be pleasantly surprised to receive anything from MSC.....again, just a glorified med taxi!

For those waving your MSC Pom poms, stop trying to defend MSC on this!

• Like 1

I wish I could. The cruise lines have the deck stacked against you anytime you have a “real” issue with them. They are all incorporated in 3rd world countries just for that reason. The T’s and C’s make it too difficult both logistically and financially to file or initiate any action against them. That’s why no one can ever take legal action against them for even the most serious issues.

Trust me, if this was here in the states, they would be constantly in court and many issues would become “class action”.

The only real recourse is thru media like this where information (truth) can be shared with everyone and hopefully save others from the same disappointments.

Again I want to qualify this by saying.......take what I have said and my opinions as a data point. Do your own due diligence. You will see, as with this issue, there are literally hundreds of similar posts. We can’t all be ranting for nothing!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pzsdd6 said:

I wish I could. The cruise lines have the deck stacked against you anytime you have a “real” issue with them. They are all incorporated in 3rd world countries just for that reason. The T’s and C’s make it too difficult both logistically and financially to file or initiate any action against them. That’s why no one can ever take legal action against them for even the most serious issues.

Trust me, if this was here in the states, they would be constantly in court and many issues would become “class action”.

The only real recourse is thru media like this where information (truth) can be shared with everyone and hopefully save others from the same disappointments.

Again I want to qualify this by saying.......take what I have said and my opinions as a data point. Do your own due diligence. You will see, as with this issue, there are literally hundreds of similar posts. We can’t all be ranting for nothing!

That is not true, your issue is with your Travel Agent, they sold you a product you say you have not received, as a reseller they are responsible, not the service provider (MSC), had you bought direct on the MSC website things would be very different.

You should be taking legal action against your travel agent if they can't provide you with what you paid them for. 

• Like 1