MSC - False advertising regarding Fantastica drink packages!

pzsdd6

Without notice and despite the fact that we paid for it as part of our “Fantastica” package, MSC has canceled the drink coupons that were to be included with the package.

MSC engaged in a contract, accepted payment, and now refuses to provide services. No compensation, no apologies!

Please share this with anyone you know that is currently booked with MSC or thinking of booking with them.

Read the reviews already posted about the complete lack of customer service, terrible food, lousy entertainment, etc. etc and most importantly.......complete lack of concern for paying customer concerns!!!

• Like 1

Will MSC grandfather you in? Last november, MSC downgraded the drink package that comes with the Aurea experience to the Easy packages a few weeks before our sailing, but we were grandfathered in because we had booked before the change went into effect. Will MSC do the same thing this time since you were already booked before the change was announced? 

I do have to say that the last minute change caused some confusion, both before and during the cruise. Some bartenders seemed unsure with what we were entitled to, or that we’d been grandfathered in, but eventually it was all sorted out. 

I hope that you can reach an acceptable outcome. Our cruise on the Meraviglia was easily one of the best cruises I’ve taken in my 35+ years of cruising. Beautiful ship, friendly customer service, excellent food choices, wonderful entertainment, amazing stateroom and perks, and an overall great cruise experience. MSC truly spoiled us. 

Edited by Tapi
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, pzsdd6 said:

Without notice and despite the fact that we paid for it as part of our “Fantastica” package, MSC has canceled the drink coupons that were to be included with the package.

MSC engaged in a contract, accepted payment, and now refuses to provide services. No compensation, no apologies!

Please share this with anyone you know that is currently booked with MSC or thinking of booking with them.

Read the reviews already posted about the complete lack of customer service, terrible food, lousy entertainment, etc. etc and most importantly.......complete lack of concern for paying customer concerns!!!

We took our first MSC cruise on the Seaside last September, in the Yacht Club Deluxe Suite. Maybe the best cruise of the 46 we’ve taken. It used to be mostly Celebrity and RCL Oasis class ships. Our next cruise is on the Seaside, in October, in the same suite. If it’s as good as the first one, we’ll sail them exclusively.

1 hour ago, pzsdd6 said:

You already know that the food was lousy and the entertainment was also lousy without going on the cruise???????????? CANCEL.

• Like 6

Try reading the multitude of other posts! And yes I do.......had a terrible experience 2 years ago on the Preziosa. We thought we would give them another try, I try not to judge on just a single experience. Thought with a new ship and time they might learn. Seems otherwise. Just look at the reviews for the Bellissima.......

1st cruise and nothing but complaints........same old MSC

I am new to Msc and booked the yacht club a couple of weeks before the drink package changed.  I thought fantastica now includes drinks are on us which includes more than 12 drinks. Is that not true?

Edited by nednrom

Thought of that, however too much has gone into the rest of the trip. At this point we’ll just make the best of it and look at MSC as nothing more than a “glorified” taxi around the med.

Edited by pzsdd6

5 hours ago, pzsdd6 said:

Just look at the reviews for the Bellissima.......

1st cruise and nothing but complaints........same old MSC

I know. Same thing happened with the Meraviglia. I booked our Med cruise on her with trepidation because the reviews were along the lines of “worst cruise ever” and “I wouldn’t recommend this cruise line to my worst enemy”. Also, our previous MSC experience had been on the Divina and that cruise had failed to impress.

But  I’m glad to say that those reviews didn’t match one iota what our experience was. The Meraviglia was truly a fantastic cruise experience from beginning to end. We were wowed to the point of now considering MSC one of our favorite cruise lines. 

With that said, there is a phenomenon on Cruise Critic with reviews for new ships. They tend to be overly negative. Many are from seasoned cruisers or cruise line loyalists who hone on whatever inconsistency, negative aspect, or deviation from the norm exists on these firsr sailings, and blow them completely out of proportion. Usually after a few months the reviews stabilize and you can get a more accurate description of what you can expect. 

Sorry that the elimination of these drink coupons is causing you so much indignation. I sincerely recommend that you cancel your cruise if you don’t think you’ll be able to get past it. You don’t want to be one of the reviewers who will allow one issue to cloud the entire experience.

Did you check to see if you’ll be grandfathered in?  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, citizenfrank said:

Cancel. Rip up any literature, delete MSC from your browser, avoid ever sailing within 1000 mile radius of their ships and erase your memory ....same to all haters. Let open minded cruisers fill the berths & the show go on. 

We booked yesterday, without even understanding what “Fantastica” all entailed.  We also got it for free.  Still, if they're violating their own terms of service, and pulling a bait and switch, people are more than welcome to complain on a site called "Cruise Critic".

• Like 3

I thought I read a while back that the drink coupons were being substituted with one of the lower tier drink packages (drinks on us or easy)? I don’t want to give wrong information here, but I would contact MSC again to verify. 

I'm starting to get a bit skeptical of all the accusations on various threads.

1. No status match

2. Drinks not honored with Fantastica package

Plenty are backing up the 10% discount not being applied, phone calls ignored.  I never expected MSC to be a foodie line, or the best customer service, but the new accusations are stretching it without concensous.

My wife and I are Diamond on Royal Caribbean. When we applied for the status match program back in December, we were given Black card on MSC. Shortly after we received our Black card status, we booked a cruise for November on the Seaside. When we logged into our newly created account on the MSC website, it showed our Black card status and were automatically  given a 5% discount for the cruise. We were also given an additional 5% discount a few days later after I scanned and emailed my DD214 form for being a veteran. So yes, we were given a 10% total discount off the rate when I booked. At the time, the promotion included was  the “Easy Drink Package” and free internet. We booked the basic Bella experience, but I remember at that time hearing that the Fantastica experience that included the 12 drink coupons would be given the Easy package instead. If that isn’t the case, then I would call MSC.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TomC21 said:

I thought I read a while back that the drink coupons were being substituted with one of the lower tier drink packages (drinks on us or easy)? I don’t want to give wrong information here, but I would contact MSC again to verify. 

Possible in the US but not in the Med, they are not being replace with anything.

pzsdd6

What you have posted is a rant, there is no real detail, what ship you booked, when do you sail, how did you book?

All we know is your vouchers have been cancelled, by who (MSC/TA/Hearsay/CC forum?), how & when, did they email you, was it a phone conversation, TA?

You have not said what you have tried to resolve it and what the response was, you said they have refused to help. The content of the refusal could well be useful to others that are worried the vouchers will not be honoured.

There is another thread on vouchers being discontinued after a certain date (is it 31st Match?), if you have more information, it might be useful to participate in that thread.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2609120-msc-now-taking-away-the-fantastica-drink-vouchers-we-booked-as-part-of-the-experience/page/2/

At the same time you posted in another (status match) thread that MSC are the worst line you have cruised and on your last cruise they did not honour any of your perks, this begs the obvious question, if they were so bad last time, why book again?

I can only assume you wrote this, not to get help, but to "pay back" MSC as nobody can help or advise you properly without a lot more detail.

Edited by ziggyuk
  • Like 8

OP if I was you I would cancel, you have already made up your mind with  your feelings about MSC ,

From what I know of MSC if they have taken away something that was offered  as part of your booking they will be offering something different to compensate. 

Do you have an official document from MSC to say that they are removing the drinks coupons and NOT replacing them? 

54 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

pzsdd6

What you have posted is a rant, there is no real detail, what ship you booked, when do you sail, how did you book?

All we know is your vouchers have been cancelled, by who (MSC/TA/Hearsay/CC forum?), how & when, did they email you, was it a phone conversation, TA?

You have not said what you have tried to resolve it and what the response was, you said they have refused to help. The content of the refusal could well be useful to others that are worried the vouchers will not be honoured.

There is another thread on vouchers being discontinued after a certain date (is it 31st Match?), if you have more information, it might be useful to participate in that thread.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2609120-msc-now-taking-away-the-fantastica-drink-vouchers-we-booked-as-part-of-the-experience/page/2/

At the same time you posted in another (status match) thread that MSC are the worst line you have cruised and on your last cruise they did not honour any of your perks, this begs the obvious question, if they were so bad last time, why book again?

I can only assume you wrote this, not to get help, but to "pay back" MSC as nobody can help or advise you properly without a lot more detail.

I really admire people who do their diligence.  I totally agree with you.  I don't know what pzsdd6 has against MSC but I find it difficult to believe all that was said.  As far as the status match we received it no problem.  Can't say what will happen regarding the drink package on our next cruise as we have not sailed yet.  If something changes, it is what it is.  My cruise is not all about drinking.  We can't wait for our next MSC cruise on the Seaside, then another on a TA with MSC in 2020.   

Just relax, breath in the ocean air and enjoy!

The MSC website in the description for Fantastica has clearly stated for many many months now that the drink vouchers would be discontinued and not be available for sailings after 3/24/19. Most of the current deals (aside from the last minute "Escape to Sea" deal) are including the easy package or previously the drinks on us package which are a better deal than the vouchers anyway. If you book through a travel agent that works a lot with MSC, they would help clear up your confusion, as sadly, travel agents tend to be more familiar with the current MSC promotions and benefits than the customer service agents.

• Like 1

Just to clarify......MSC states that the drink coupons would stopped being offered for cruises “booked” after 3-25-19.

I would love to cancel my cruise, just refund my money. After all , I’m not the one who made changes to a contract after signing it. My booking was made over a year ago, long before MSC decided to change their offer. 

As someone said “it is what it is” .......very true, it’s just the principle.

No worries going forward, I’ve said my peace!

Y’all have a nice day!

3 hours ago, TomC21 said:

My wife and I are Diamond on Royal Caribbean. When we applied for the status match program back in December, we were given Black card on MSC. Shortly after we received our Black card status, we booked a cruise for November on the Seaside. When we logged into our newly created account on the MSC website, it showed our Black card status and were automatically  given a 5% discount for the cruise. We were also given an additional 5% discount a few days later after I scanned and emailed my DD214 form for being a veteran. So yes, we were given a 10% total discount off the rate when I booked. At the time, the promotion included was  the “Easy Drink Package” and free internet. We booked the basic Bella experience, but I remember at that time hearing that the Fantastica experience that included the 12 drink coupons would be given the Easy package instead. If that isn’t the case, then I would call MSC.

I just looked, and we got 5% off on our booking as well.  I didn't know about the veteran discount, will have to send my wife's DD214 in.  Looks like 10% off verandas as well?  If the price of our cruise follows 2019 patters, I'm sure we'll be upgrading anyways!