LIVE From the Royal Princess: 4/6/2019

HBCcruiser

6 minutes ago, Clampram said:

I have no idea why we didn't get an email about these delays. I'm planning on leaving our Marina Del Ray hotel at 11AM and hoping for the best!

I found it listed on the bottom of the travel summary for our sailing. I didn’t get the email either but likely my TA didn’t pass it on!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We'll be following to see how boarding goes.....

Once we had a "surprise" food inspection on RCI in Seattle......they let us on the ship, but all food service stopped when they were inspecting the kitchens, no foo foo drinks as no fruit or food could be loaded on until after the inspection........what a nightmare...guests were not happy...but what could the they do....

We have had a couple of negative embarkation situation in SP thru the years, but all at terminal 93. We just had 2 seamless em/debarkation Feb & Mar of this year.

But the Pier where Royal docs I understand has caused some problems because the area for people to wait is so small..... so the hearsay goes..... and not as nice as 93....We do have 2 cruises booked on Royal in Nov...so am anxious to hear all opinions.

Hopefully for everyone tomorrow, the ship will have the inspectors on once it has ported and there will be no surprises and will not be a delay in boarding.

Really it is amazing how these ships turn around.....really quite amazing, when you think about it.

Good Luck...

Edited by land lover

12 minutes ago, land lover said:

We'll be following to see how boarding goes.....

Once we had a "surprise" food inspection on RCI in Seattle......they let us on the ship, but all food service stopped when they were inspecting the kitchens, no foo foo drinks as no fruit or food could be loaded on until after the inspection........what a nightmare...guests were not happy...but what could the they do....

We have had a couple of negative embarkation situation in SP thru the years, but all at terminal 93. We just had 2 seamless em/debarkation Feb & Mar of this year.

But the Pier where Royal docs I understand has caused some problems because the area for people to wait is so small..... so the hearsay goes..... and not as nice as 93....We do have 2 cruises booked on Royal in Nov...so am anxious to hear all opinions.

Hopefully for everyone tomorrow, the ship will have the inspectors on once it has ported and there will be no surprises and will not be a delay in boarding.

Really it is amazing how these ships turn around.....really quite amazing, when you think about it.

Good Luck...

Thank you!😁🚢🥳

On 4/2/2019 at 3:54 PM, san diego sue said:

The Secret Silk show is being reworked and it wasn't on our march 23rd cruise. I spoke to one of the dancers and she said it would be back in about a month. The current cast is leaving the ship mid April so maybe the new cast coming on will have the new reworked version. It is a fairy tale. We saw it twice in November . I didn't hear anything offensive in the songs.

I saw it twic as well last fall and didn’t hear anything offensive either.

Here's a quick traffic alert for anyone that might live locally ......the Long Beach Grand Prix is next weekend so when we get off the ship do not go East over the bridge into Long Beach......BAD IDEA......head North up the 110 to the 405 or you'll find yourself in horrible traffic,  crowds and closed streets.  I drove down there today for lunch at shoreline and it is already nasty.  We will go up the 405 to the 110 South in the morning to get to port.  Just an FYI........

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Qcruise said:

Here's a quick traffic alert for anyone that might live locally ......the Long Beach Grand Prix is next weekend so when we get off the ship do not go East over the bridge into Long Beach......BAD IDEA......head North up the 110 to the 405 or you'll find yourself in horrible traffic,  crowds and closed streets.  I drove down there today for lunch at shoreline and it is already nasty.  We will go up the 405 to the 110 South in the morning to get to port.  Just an FYI........

I live in Hermosa Beach so not an issue for us😎 The LB Grand Prix is a fun event! 

Edited by HBCcruiser
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

Ready to get this Party Started!

6395C203-BDDD-4323-9187-EF8C43EC3E62.jpeg

Love that bubbly... am coming over have a bottle I can bring too...but wait I m not gng on this cruise...Bon Voyage to Mom & u...if I missed posts saying u are traveling with others include them in my BV.

• Like 2

That looks Delicious!  I am loving how detailed you are with pictures, etc. I am so looking forward to your review on the ship!!! Enjoy your cruise and thanks again for taking the time to do this review! 

Bon Voyage!!! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

Mom’s on her way!! ce8a7046a9fe83d04bc88d816da8ac7a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YY

Yay, Tiffany! Can’t waut to meet you and your mom.  We drank too much at happy hour here at the hotel and will be lucky to make it to the port by 3:00 😆 LOL

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 4cats4me said:

YY

Yay, Tiffany! Can’t waut to meet you and your mom.  We drank too much at happy hour here at the hotel and will be lucky to make it to the port by 3:00 😆 LOL

Haha sounds good! Get the Rebound Patch and you’ll be fine. I’m bringing a bunch with me.

Mom is older but I’m ready to Rock-N-Roll! See you at the after Muster thingy! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HBCcruiser said:

Haha sounds good! Get the Rebound Patch and you’ll be fine. I’m bringing a bunch with me.

Mom is older but I’m ready to Rock-N-Roll! See you at the after Muster thingy! 

We tried to get my mom to come,  but she respectfully declined our invitation.  Then she pulled up YouTube videos of the Royal and liked what she saw, but. Y the next it was too late to get her a cabin near us.