LIVE From the Royal Princess: 4/6/2019

HBCcruiser

2 minutes ago, 4cats4me said:

We tried to get my mom to come,  but she respectfully declined our invitation.  Then she pulled up YouTube videos of the Royal and liked what she saw, but. Y the next it was too late to get her a cabin near us. 

April 11, 2020. California Coastal round trip LA. We are booked! Bring mom and let’s have fun! Just sayin’.....😎🚢🥂

77D2BD26-797C-4F9C-9D05-E9E66B842149.jpeg

5 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

April 11, 2020. California Coastal round trip LA. We are booked! Bring mom and let’s have fun! Just sayin’.....😎🚢🥂

We are already booked for the week after you and are trying to get her to go. 😃

• Like 1

13 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

Ready to get this Party Started!

6395C203-BDDD-4323-9187-EF8C43EC3E62.jpeg

just picked up a couple of bottles at our local 'Publix' for our upcoming cruise - 'on sale' - $ 40

last price I saw onboard was $ 105 ...

• Like 1

Let the games begin.  Have fun;  yes and post pics, and let me know about the differences.  I have sailed in both suites on NCL and Princess;  so your comparison will be fun

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

Let the games begin.  Have fun;  yes and post pics, and let me know about the differences.  I have sailed in both suites on NCL and Princess;  so your comparison will be fun

I’ll post as Wi-Fi allows. I hear it’s great on the Royal. I had TONS of issues on the NCL Star. Crossing fingers. 🤞🏻

11 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

Ok,  we are looking At a  west coast spring 2020 cruise.  This one looks good, what ship?  Did you book a suite?  We are also looking at the Grand and out of San Francisco.  Should would like to visit the Hotel Del for a day, though.   Good luck today. 

• Like 1

Ok,  we are looking At a  west coast spring 2020 cruise.  This one looks good, what ship?  Did you book a suite?  We are also looking at the Grand and out of San Francisco.  Should would like to visit the Hotel Del for a day, though.   Good luck today. 

Yes, same suite same ship! Royal S4!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh my gosh, I'm so jittery and excited, you'd think this was MY cruise, ha! Very excited for you, and I can't wait to follow along! In just over 24 hours from now I'll be getting ready to head for the airport myself, so I'm right behind you. Your thread is only adding to my own excitement and a fantastic way to pass the final day or two before my own embarkation day. 

Bon voyage!! Good luck at the terminal, I hope you're able to get on nice and early despite the drill!

5 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

At port! She’s beautiful!9e1b8cf445f78645d20d1c460457b7e2.jpg

Scope out the situation, Tiffany,  and please let us know if or when you will be allowed to board at a reasonable time,  because that will determine if we leave our hotel in the next half hour or not. It is currently 9:48 am      

LOL

Got here early which was good. It’s going to get hectic due to lack of space. Moved through the TSA fast. Now waiting to be able to check in. I have not seen a suite lounge like on NCL. Disappointing in that regard. ddb15788fe9b11dcd603b3e7df0243a9.jpg

21 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

Got here early which was good. It’s going to get hectic due to lack of space. Moved through the TSA fast. Now waiting to be able to check in. I have not seen a suite lounge like on NCL. Disappointing in that regard. ddb15788fe9b11dcd603b3e7df0243a9.jpg

I was surprised to see the priority lounge picture you showed for NCL.  Princess just has a section of chairs roped off with a priority waiting sign.  In LA the seats weren't quite as close together, and were arranged in a square so everyone had lots of legroom. When in Seattle the chairs were in a section right by the entrance to the ship and there was coffee, water and snacks. 

The NCL lounge photo looks like the same lounge used by Princess for priority boarding passengers at the larger B93 terminal.  The smaller B92 terminal used for the Royal appears to be the reason for the smaller priority lounge area.

It appears to me that it’s a result of which terminal is being used & not a difference between NCL & Princess.

Edited by Astro Flyer