Celebrity Suite vs. Royal Suite on new Summit--Opinions

Cruizen Susan

3 minutes ago, Cruisen'Susan said:

Hi friends,

Looking forward to the suite experience on the newly renovated Summit featuring The Retreat.  Wondering if the Royal Suite is worth the difference in price over the Celebrity suite..

TIA,

Susan

There is a current thread on the board about the royal suite with loads of pictures.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dkjretired said:

There is a current thread on the board about the royal suite with loads of pictures.

Thank you!  I was just reading it after I posted my question.  Her pics are great!!!   Hope to hear about the difference in the two suites,  if worth the price difference.

The RS gives you a separate tub and shower and unlimited specialty dining. The balcony on the RS has a whirlpool bath and is larger than the balcony on the CS. You also get 2 bottles of alcohol with mixers in the RS. We like the CS but the shower is hard to access. 

• Like 1

Royal suite comes with premium beverage pkg, unlimited speciality dining, unlimited internet and laundry.  The beverage pkg & internet are a big plus if you are on a cruise with no perks.  Personally we like the layout of the CS as it feels more spacious.  If the CS came with all 4 perks we would choose the CS and save some $.

On the S Class we prefer the RS over the CS.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Cruisen'Susan said:

Thank you!  I was just reading it after I posted my question.  Her pics are great!!!   Hope to hear about the difference in the two suites,  if worth the price difference.

I debated between the Royal, Penthouse and Celebrity myself but decided to go with the Celebrity Suite.  Aside from the Royal being larger with a bigger balcony with hot tub on it (which I wouldn't use)... The things from my research I gave up are, unlimited specialty dining, 2 large bottles of in-room liquor w/mixers, complimentary mini-bar and I think some personalized bath robes.  

The premium beverage package/unlimited wifi usually for Royal's and higher were already part of my CS pricing promotion so I didn't need those either.

None of the additional perks were worth the price difference to me, I don't need the larger room, I prefer a much higher location on the ship and like like the curved wall of windows in the CS.  You may find those additional perks work it.  For me they weren't.

• Like 1

We just did celebrity suite on infinity 6104 I know it was not refurbished but balcony was tiny , just room info for two chairs and a small table. 

I am booked in royal for next year do not see where drink package in automatically included. Or unlimited specialty 

Edited by George C
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Cruisen'Susan said:

Hi friends,

Looking forward to the suite experience on the newly renovated Summit featuring The Retreat.  Wondering if the Royal Suite is worth the difference in price over the Celebrity suite..

TIA,

Susan

It's worth it if you think it is.  Does't matter what others think.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Cruisen'Susan said:

Hi friends,

TIA,

Susan

Susan, what is the difference in price per person per day for the cruise that you are considering?

14 hours ago, George C said:

We just did celebrity suite on infinity 6104 I know it was not refurbished but balcony was tiny , just room info for two chairs and a small table. 

I am booked in royal for next year do not see where drink package in automatically included. Or unlimited specialty 

The  Premium Beverage Package and Unlimited Specialty Dining are included with the Royal Suite.

It can be confusing when you go to book on line. When you look at the “details” link for Royal Suites after you have chosen your specific itinerary, the Premium Beverage Package is missing from the list of amenities.

When you do a general search of accommodations on the Celebrity website, the Premium Beverage Package IS listed in the amenities listing.

Just a clarification on something that is not totally clear on the website.

Randy

Edited by Schmoe38
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, jchipgcs said:

I debated between the Royal, Penthouse and Celebrity myself but decided to go with the Celebrity Suite.  Aside from the Royal being larger with a bigger balcony with hot tub on it (which I wouldn't use)... The things from my research I gave up are, unlimited specialty dining, 2 large bottles of in-room liquor w/mixers, complimentary mini-bar and I think some personalized bath robes.  

The premium beverage package/unlimited wifi usually for Royal's and higher were already part of my CS pricing promotion so I didn't need those either.

None of the additional perks were worth the price difference to me, I don't need the larger room, I prefer a much higher location on the ship and like like the curved wall of windows in the CS.  You may find those additional perks work it.  For me they weren't.

This was precisely my line of logic as well in choosing a CS over a RS for our January 2020 sailing on the Summit.  Price difference was around $600 per person, so $1200 for the two of us.  We already have the premium beverage package and free WiFi as part of the Go Best (or whatever they are calling it these days) promotion for the CS.  For a seven-night cruise, I think we'll be fine eating in Luminae most nights so don't need to add in specialty restaurants into the rotation.  Besides, there is no Murano on the Summit so we may just go to Tuscan Grille one evening (and use our $300 OBC for that meal), if we wanted to change things up.  I really could not care less re: a stocked minibar or bottles of wine or whatever, when we have the premium beverage package already anyway.  Lastly, for us, the higher tub will just be a nuisance (if that), rather than an obstacle.

I think if we had booked on an S-class ship, where Murano would be present, we may have thought differently.  Definitely, if you will be on a longer cruise than seven nights, you may want more variety as well in your dining experience.  if we had not gotten the Go Best package with the extra perks for the CS, we would have upgraded to the RS but then the price different then may also have been much more than $600 per person!

Linda

• Like 1

Amenities

Exclusive access to The Retreat Sundeck

Exclusive access to The Retreat Lounge

Exclusive access to Luminae restaurant

Premium Beverage Package

Unlimited internet access

Two complimentary bottles of alcohol

Mixers for cocktails

Minibar, replenished daily

In-room beer, soda, and water

Welcome bottle of Perrier-Jouët

Afternoon tea hosted in The Retreat Lounge

Premium Frette terry bathrobes, slippers

Premium Frette towels

Daily delivery of delectable delights

In-suite specialty coffee

Pillow menu upon request

Bottled water daily

Premium bath amenities

Shoeshine service

Use of golf umbrella and marine binoculars

Thanks Randy , found list of Royal perks

• Like 1

2 hours ago, George C said:

Amenities

Exclusive access to The Retreat Sundeck

Exclusive access to The Retreat Lounge

Exclusive access to Luminae restaurant

Premium Beverage Package

Unlimited internet access

Two complimentary bottles of alcohol

Mixers for cocktails

Minibar, replenished daily

In-room beer, soda, and water

Welcome bottle of Perrier-Jouët

Afternoon tea hosted in The Retreat Lounge

Premium Frette terry bathrobes, slippers

Premium Frette towels

Daily delivery of delectable delights

In-suite specialty coffee

Pillow menu upon request

Bottled water daily

Premium bath amenities

Shoeshine service

Use of golf umbrella and marine binoculars

Thanks Randy , found list of Royal perks

Love it! Hopefully DH will surprise me for our next cruise 😉😳

• Like 1

22 hours ago, jagoffee said:

Susan, what is the difference in price per person per day for the cruise that you are considering?

Over 1,000 pp.   Based on the good responses here for both cabins, I think I"ll stick with the CS and perhaps try for the moveup bid a month before sailing.   Why not try!!

28 minutes ago, Cruisen'Susan said:

Over 1,000 pp.   Based on the good responses here for both cabins, I think I"ll stick with the CS and perhaps try for the moveup bid a month before sailing.   Why not try!!

We had a call from celebrity a couple of days before we sailed asking us if we wanted to move from celebrity suite to royal for 300 total should have done it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cruisen'Susan said:

Good luck.  9 day cruise, correct?  $111 a day per person.  It does make it difficult when it is that much more than a CS.

• Like 1

Note that the bedroom is totally inside in the CS (some guests love this others hate it). Also the bathtub with shower over is really high and hard for someone small or with mobility issues to get in/out of.

2 hours ago, Cruisen'Susan said:

Okay now!  I received my moveup email from Celebrity this morning.  I immediately placed my bid for the Royal suite and the Penthouse.   Now to wait and see!! 😎😊

Oh, I hope you get the PH....it really is a ‘wow’ space...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Cruisen'Susan said:

Okay now!  I received my moveup email from Celebrity this morning.  I immediately placed my bid for the Royal suite and the Penthouse.   Now to wait and see!! 😎😊

Wonderful!  Good luck and please keep us posted.

• Like 1