After-cruise surveys

On our last few HAL cruises, they had eliminated the written end-of-cruise survey , which we always filled out.  We have NEVER received an on-line after-cruise survey.  Is there some reason they don't ask EVERYONE what they think?  Or is there some way we need to ASK to be asked?  Or should I just write notes to the front desk about my (mostly) happy experiences?  

Just asking....

We have found when we get the email surveys you have to do them in a timely manner.  For example, our last cruise we stayed after and did another cruise on a different cruise line.  Luckily we had wifi included and did the survey.  Wish they’d give a couple weeks at least to do it.  It basically arrived in our email the same day or next day we got off the ship.  If we hadn’t had wifi it would have been too late when we got home.

Like the other poster said, make sure they have your email or phone them when you return.

• Like 1

They (the surveys) are usually waiting in your email PC inbox on the evening of disembarkation day, or for sure on the next day. Like the two esteemed posters before me suggested, call HAL guest services (800-599-8256 or 206-626-7393) and ensure they have your email addr on file. Tell them you never received your two on-line surveys

26 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

They (the surveys) are usually waiting in your email PC inbox on the evening of disembarkation day, or for sure on the next day. Like the two esteemed posters before me suggested, call HAL guest services (800-599-8256 or 206-626-7393) and ensure they have your email addr on file. Tell them you never received your two on-line surveys

I wish HAL gave a few more days to complete the survey as I didn't go straight home after my last cruise and by the time I got home and went to fill in the survey I go a message that it was too late.  I had quite a few items to put down and a few crew to commend for great service.

We never bother.  What's the point? 

We strongly suspect that it is primarily a 'feel good' exercise by the cruise lines (not just HAL) to make customers think that they are being listened to. 

We have never seen much evidence of the latter.  We suspect their primary interest is in revenue and expense constraint.  

Edited by iancal

HAL doesn't give enough time after a cruise ends to fill out the survey on line as a lot of us don't go home directly.

We have filled them out quite a few times with many good comments and never received anything and I suspected that they do not read them all.  How could they?  They get hundreds after each cruise.

Well it was proven in 2016 when after we were home for 4 months that we decided to cancel 2 cruises.  When we did get home, DH had me set up his survey and he sent his in with a lot of negative comments.  I was too disgusted to do mine.  Our TA knew why we cancelled our cruises.  But she was questioned by the HAL rep when she called and cancelled the cruises.  The rep had to hunt through the surveys and found DH's.  She admitted that they do not have the time to read everyone's surveys and after a few months they dump them.

I've also had feed back from a survey I filled out. On our next cruise there was a letter in our cabin asking if the problem I mentioned had been corrected. So they do listen. Also they can not correct a problem if they don't know there is a problem. It only takes a few minutes to fill out. 

I filled out the survey after a cruise in 2017.  One of the questions asked if there had been any problems that weren't resolved on board.  There had been and I mentioned what happened.  Next thing I knew, I had OBC for my next cruise and a lunch in the Pinnacle Grill.  I hadn't asked for anything, just suggested that a situation be corrected for future cruisers.

• Like 2

We also got feedback after our last survey. DW was especially peeved over lack of dancing and dance lessons. The feedback was basically  (after thanking us for our comments) that this was available on their larger ships.

And we were not back home right away as we stayed a few days in Montreal post cruise.

Edited by ontheweb
last sentence added

We are currently on a B2B and the second leg ends on April 20th.  The survey from 1st leg is in my inbox and already received a reninder that it should be submitted by April 17th. 3 days before our cruises end! 

They should allow more time to complete the surveys. We have met many cruisers who are doing 35+ days cruising and/or an extended stay in Europe. Why should they be excluded from the survey?