some 'scuttlebutt'

Stakeout

got off the Volendam last week after a 30 day round-trip Canal cruise out of Ft Lauderdale.. our 8x doing this roundtrip over the years..

just wanted to pass on some 'scuttlebutt' from reliable sources that we picked up while onboard.. the Maasdam.. Veendam as well as the Volendam are all supposedly up for sale...

here's what appears to be the Maasdam's listing that I found  Maasdam For Sale Listing   we've been on the Maasdam 28x over a span of 546 cruise days.. still our favorite HAL ship

looks like HAL is continuing on the path to no more small ships.. sad  😞

Edited by Stakeout

You will find that all cruiselines have part of their fleet for sale at any one time. That does not mean however that they will he imminently sold.

I would not worry about it.

my properties are also always for sale for the right price 😉 that does not mean that I am actively looking for a buyer.

2 hours ago, Stakeout said:

looks like HAL is continuing on the path to no more small ships.. sad

Don’t bet on it.  I just reported on my LIVE thread that there may well be another Prinsendam 😄.  I think HAL knows they need it 😉 

Will be a couple of years.

As to the small ships, most have been for sale for some time.  Anything is sold if the price is right.  I don’t know who would want the Veendam 😉 

• Like 2

Why not just move up to Seabourne or one of the premium lines.  

We did one Prinsendam and I swear on my kids lives the food was standard for the fleet.  The service was standard for the fleet.  We were underwhelmed but we left our rose colored glasses at home, 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kazu said:

Don’t bet on it.  I just reported on my LIVE thread that there may well be another Prinsendam 😄.  I think HAL knows they need it 😉 

Will be a couple of years.

As to the small ships, most have been for sale for some time.  Anything is sold if the price is right.  I don’t know who would want the Veendam 😉 

True, that story started when a passenger asked Orlando about it and he said they might be looking for a used one or build one..

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sir PMP said:

True, that story started when a passenger asked Orlando about it and he said they might be looking for a used one or build one..

Hey, if Orlando said it it must be true LOL He get his info straight from Oprah  :classic_tongue:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, cate54 said:

we've been on the Maasdam 28x over a span of 546 cruise days.. still our favorite HAL ship

It was my first HAL ship, will forever be my favorite  DAM ship.

My first and fave as well. She's a great ship. Five more weeks 'til I'm back on her in Alaska where it all began!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, sammiedawg said:

We did one Prinsendam and I swear on my kids lives the food was standard for the fleet.  The service was standard for the fleet.  We were underwhelmed but we left our rose colored glasses at home, 

Itineraries.  We only look at a few things: ship size and quality and itinerary. The rest is background noise.  

• Like 3

19 hours ago, catl331 said:

well aware that both Maasdam and Veendam were up for sale a while now.. however..  in October 2017 they both got a reprieve and a 5 year commitment from HAL to be kept in the 'stable'... the Maasdam doing those Boutique Cruises and the Veendam doing the Cuba cruises

16 hours ago, sammiedawg said:

AFAIK going over to Seabourne will not carry with it any  HAL Mariners Days and HAL Benefits.. a separate entity although they are in the same HAL Group along with Princess-- bottomline I like my 'free laundry'  🙂

HAL just committed to building another 'big ship' -- same-same size as the Koningsdam and N Statendam.. it'll be called the Ryndam   I wouldn't hold my breath about HAL getting another small ship.. HAL makes the money on the bigger class ships

4 hours ago, Stakeout said:

HAL just committed to building another 'big ship' -- same-same size as the Koningsdam and N Statendam.. it'll be called the Ryndam   I wouldn't hold my breath about HAL getting another small ship.. HAL makes the money on the bigger class ships

They are already building the new Ryndam...they didn't just commit to  it. I believe the schedule for these 3 ships was announced about 5 years ago.

49 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

There will be another Prinsendam, no doubt about it, and it won't be Pacific Princess

They’re really going to alienate some Seabourn cruisers when they move the triplets over.