Potential Edge Modifications Revealed By Cruise Critic Editor

vtcruising

Just now, vtcruising said:

No, I don't think I've seen the opening.

Must have been fun to see the rehearsal!

J unfortunately doesn’t have any pix or video but said it was the most impressive part.  

Yes it was fun and clearly the show is quite new, kudos to the choreographers as they were as patient as Saints and good teachers.

40 minutes ago, cgolf1 said:

I currently like singer songwriter stuff like Ed Sheeren, which I think is why I liked Michael Redden who did some of his original stuff and has a great album which I bought after the cruise. The Reckless charms were also very good too. They even had Madison from the theatre performers sing in the club, she was really good. 

My wife has gotten me into the current pop music too, prefer the edgier sounding singers like Pink, Elle King, Imagine Dragon, etc.  Being mid 40s, my core music taste is rock and roll, rap, and punk. You can throw Jazz music in there too:) 

I really like a lot of music, but really liked the vibe the current music gave the ship and its use in the shows (not something we have seen before at sea). It really gave a different feel to the trip and I found that some of the tree performers were must sees for us. RCCL had a house band Kronos that played rock and roll that we skipped a theatre show to watch. 

If they play going to the chapel onboard in the future though, I may have to jump;) Only oldies song I truly hated. I really believe music moves the soul and listen as much as I can. 

Thanks in advance:)

Love Ed Sheeren.  His  “Castles on the Hill” is extra special for me. I really wanted to see the Reckless Charms, but I guess they’ve gone. I like the same genres, along with Jazz, Blues, and Classical. On my phone, I’ve got everything from Bach to Bad Bunny🤪 But never ever ever Going to the Chapel😱 Let’s see...how about Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Cure, Echo and the Bunnymen, Smashing Pumpkins, Linkin Park, The Shins, and some Adele, Amy Winehouse, and Florence & the Machine? I feel the same about music. It moves and soothes my soul. It’s great to discover new music to love.

Edited by Silkroad
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, Oville said:

No, the Eden show we saw on our April 7th cruise was called The Revelation at 10:00.  We tried to see the show in The Club at 7:30 but there was very limited seating and after one try we did not go back as it too interfered with our evening plans.

I hope they haven’t gotten rid of all the shows everyone liked. Maybe they’ll still have The Revelation? I guess I’ll find out😉

13 hours ago, Silkroad said:

I saw the same thread, but was sorry to see no mention of the issue (or resolution) in the CC article under discussion. We’re booked (we hope) for the RTG on our second night, so we’ll see how it goes. Hopefully, none of us will end up festooned with red wine or salad😂

Yes, indeed. I have a business degree myself, so I’m well aware of that “lesson”. It hadn’t even occurred to me to consider these potential legal issues, and I think it would be ridiculous to do so. Was there not also a lesson about maintaining good faith with one’s customers, in hopes of their future business? I don’t care about pointing fingers. I care about X resolving as many design/decoration issues as are structurally possible, ASAP.  Evasiveness and obfuscation on the part of any business annoys me. Tell me it will be fixed, and when, or tell me it will not be fixed. That’s the kind of honesty I expect from a business, and that’s the kind of honesty that keeps MY business.

I hope Silkroad, you know I was being somewhat sarcastic and tongue in cheek.

it seems that X is addressing many of the issues raised by early cruisers.

Anything we can say about their motives or goals is mostly opinion and speculations. I wouldn’t be surprised to learn that the truth is more complicated than we even suspect, and that there are considerations not even thought about here.

Just another voice expressing disappointment if lunch is discontinued in Le Grand Bistro! I loved it there! A quiet embarkation lunch is tradition for us. I loved the Le Grand Bistro because it was a great option for people who do not eat seafood. It seems, in my opinion, that the restaurants collectively are either totally seafood or a large portion of what is offered. I loved Tuscan on the Reflection. Celebrity, if you are listening, please consider balancing the options for people who do not eat seafood.  We are booked on Apex 2021, we will see how it goes. booked in an SV, usually do Sky Suites or AQ. hopefully there will be normal veranda furniture by then . Did sail on Edge, and did not like IV and furniture at all!!

4 minutes ago, carol1962 said:

Just another voice expressing disappointment if lunch is discontinued in Le Grand Bistro! I loved it there! A quiet embarkation lunch is tradition for us. I loved the Le Grand Bistro because it was a great option for people who do not eat seafood. It seems, in my opinion, that the restaurants collectively are either totally seafood or a large portion of what is offered. I loved Tuscan on the Reflection. Celebrity, if you are listening, please consider balancing the options for people who do not eat seafood.  We are booked on Apex 2021, we will see how it goes. booked in an SV, usually do Sky Suites or AQ. hopefully there will be normal veranda furniture by then . Did sail on Edge, and did not like IV and furniture at all!!

C - I Am vegan and find that most of the restaurants will accommodate accordingly... as such, I do not see 'seafood' as a major distractor from dining in a particular venue or notl.

I make sure I Am dining there and my requirements... most often it is accommodated, with notice to them.

bon appetite and bon voyage

11 hours ago, cangelmd said:

I hope Silkroad, you know I was being somewhat sarcastic and tongue in cheek.

it seems that X is addressing many of the issues raised by early cruisers.

Anything we can say about their motives or goals is mostly opinion and speculations. I wouldn’t be surprised to learn that the truth is more complicated than we even suspect, and that there are considerations not even thought about here.

I was 99.9% sure😊 Yes, X is definitely addressing issues. We'll just have to see what the end product looks like. I agree that we can't know all the factors that go into corporate decisions, even when we're on the inside, and privy to some factors. All I know is DH and I will board Edge on Sunday with high hopes, and regardless of disappointments small or large, we'll have a wonderful time because we're together, sailing the ocean on a beautiful ship, and not at work😎😎

Edited by Silkroad
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Here is a link to a post from Jenn, the CC Editor, with a link to videos of the Q+A - lots of info about wind barriers, IVs, etc.

Thanks for linking this here 🙂 

We will peek in at one of the shorter shows in EDEN but devoting that large a space to one theater troupe is still an issue, esp with a smaller  theater seats reserved for  suite guests, etc, .  and no real lounge style bars like Ensemble Lounge.  Hoping they alternate with other music on some nights...

22 minutes ago, hcat said:

We will peek in at one of the shorter shows in EDEN but devoting that large a space to one theater troupe is still an issue, esp with a smaller  theater seats reserved for  suite guests, etc, .  and no real lounge style bars like Ensemble Lounge.  Hoping they alternate with other music on some nights...

I agree with your sentiment and had thought the very same thing. They need to utilize the ENTIRE Eden space more effectively. I was disappointed to see that breakfast WAS NOT available on port days there, and both breakfast and lunch hours there are too short. Whatsmore I noticed many passengers had NO IDEA where the Eden Cafe was located and immediately ventured down to the Eden Restaurant only to walk back up and kinda look around for the cafe. There needs to be more variety of music and performances in that space. It was nice to see that on the April 14th cruise on the last night the silent disco was at Eden at 10:15pm (I didn't attend though). They should do more of that THROUGHOUT THE CRUISE. Revelation at Eden was on four of the seven nights, with the other two nights live music at 10:00pm.

Also, the upper deck of Eden (Deck 6) is like an afterthought and again something needs to be programmed to use that space.

Edited by kwokpot

1 minute ago, kwokpot said:

I agree with your sentiment and had thought the very same thing. They need to utilize the ENTIRE Eden space more effectively. I was disappointed to see that breakfast WAS NOT available on port days there, and both breakfast and lunch hours there are too short. Whatsmore I noticed many passengers had NO IDEA where the Eden Cafe was located and immediately ventured down to the Eden Restaurant only to walk back up and kinda look around for the cafe. There needs to be more variety of music and performances in that space. It was nice to see that on the April 14th cruise on the last night the silent disco was at Eden at 10:15pm (I didn't attend though). They should do more of that THROUGHOUT THE CRUISE. Revelation at Eden was on four of the seven nights, with the other two nights live music at 10:00pm.

Hopefully, the change over  has begun....gradually! Great space for Silent Disco.....if no one trips on the odd shaped  stage!

Also for daytime music..they need some sun shades ..or beed to re orient where the musicians are located..very blinding sunlight!

They can also use a few more reg height  tables for the  EDEN cafe and maybe some new ideas for the EDEN restaurant.  To me it seems perfect as a "demonstration" kitchen with  some special culinary events.  Again, not just  all EDEN, all the time!

• Like 1

Vt ..As you  suggested, I agree that a  new bar area would be very nice near the upper part of the Grand Atrium area....but we'd prefer  a  music oriented lounge or wine bar  rather than a sports bar. 

It could serve  craft beer, better wines and  feature   mellow music,  jazz, folk, piano,  guitar / voice duos   We could not hear  most of the music performed in themartini bar  table area .  Way too noisy at night.

It was very interesting to hear that the Edge has rated number 1 fleet wide in the past 8 weeks of Celebrities post cruise surveys.  Also, the IV cabins are receiving high marks.

Thanks Jenn for your review and sharing the videos.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Silkroad said:

I. All I know is  I will board Edge on Sunday and we'll have a wonderful time because we're together, sailing the ocean on a beautiful ship, and not at work😎😎

Ditto!  😊

1 hour ago, hcat said:

Vt ..As you  suggested, I agree that a  new bar area would be very nice near the upper part of the Grand Atrium area....but we'd prefer  a  music oriented lounge or wine bar  rather than a sports bar. 

It could serve  craft beer, better wines and  feature   mellow music,  jazz, folk, piano,  guitar / voice duos   We could not hear  most of the music performed in themartini bar  table area .  Way too noisy at night.

Actually, I didn't suggest the sports bar, but would be happy with a wine bar! I like your idea!

56 minutes ago, Oville said:

It was very interesting to hear that the Edge has rated number 1 fleet wide in the past 8 weeks of Celebrities post cruise surveys.  Also, the IV cabins are receiving high marks.

Thanks Jenn for your review and sharing the videos.

The videos were pretty interesting.

I had to laugh that no one on the panel seemed to know what an S3 was (and that it had a side window and the privacy issues) and someone on the panel said they added coffee tables to the Sky Lounges (AKA Sky Suites). Oh well, they are probably good managers and hopefully their underlings know about such things. 🙂

12 minutes ago, Texed said:

Ditto!  😊

I was so sorry to hear that one of the changes they announced was to tear out the waffle bar to have more space in the OVC for a Kale Bar.....

Sorry, I couldn't resist! 🙂

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

I was so sorry to hear that one of the changes they announced was to tear out the waffle bar to have more space in the OVC for a Kale Bar.....

Nooooooooo! I like kale, but nooooooooo hahaha

Edited by Silkroad
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

17 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

Nooooooooo! I like kale, but nooooooooo hahaha

If this is true, I better bring a lot of wine.  🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, vtcruising said:

The videos were pretty interesting.

I had to laugh that no one on the panel seemed to know what an S3 was (and that it had a side window and the privacy issues) and someone on the panel said they added coffee tables to the Sky Lounges (AKA Sky Suites). Oh well, they are probably good managers and hopefully their underlings know about such things. 🙂

Yes, totally agree about the underlings and it appears they are doing their jobs, clearly no micromanaging here.😉

I only watched half the videos, the whole set will be part of tonight’s entertainment thanks to Apple TV.  On man, does that sound pathetic?🥴

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Hey, us Vegans deserve something just all for us! 😂

bon appetite and bon voyage

• Like 1

4 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Actually, I didn't suggest the sports bar, but would be happy with a wine bar! I like your idea!

Sorry ... my mistake..it was suggested by VOLK...wrong V logo..diff color V!