Icon of the Seas Blocks Are In The House!

January 18, 2025

$3433.60 for a balcony for 2 on deck 12 incl D+ discount.  Or £3005 via UK site which is a few quid 💷 cheaper 
I’ll pass. 

Strangely they have put IVs as more expensive than oceanview balconies.

Edited by little britain

41 minutes ago, Zeikah said:

Ridiculous pricing.

$4,500 pp aussie dollars for ocean view balcony. Around 2850 usd 

Think I will hold off and wait to see if they bring the Wonder to Australia in 2024 like they are saying.

Just looked on the US website. I think we Aussies are being ripped off. 3723USD for balcony on deck 12. That would equate to around $5450AUD the same cabin/date on Australian website $8,717aud. 

I'm genuinely shocked at the pricing on Icon, we (the two of us and our son) are booked in a Crown Loft Suite on Harmony doing a Western Caribbean for £6k in March 2024. A Western Caribbean in a Grand Suite on Icon at the same time is £15k.

I gather the suite experience is on a different level on Icon but a £9k different level I'm not so sure.

• Haha 2

Royal has not lifted many of the restrictions for booking.

2 guests looking to book an Oceanview balcony are limited to deck 12 and 14. For a CP Balcony they are limited to deck 14.

This is crazy, there are so few cabins that hold 2 guests on this ship, no way will they fill them all with 3 and 4 guests

18 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Royal has not lifted many of the restrictions for booking.

2 guests looking to book an Oceanview balcony are limited to deck 12 and 14. For a CP Balcony they are limited to deck 14.

This is crazy, there are so few cabins that hold 2 guests on this ship, no way will they fill them all with 3 and 4 guests

WOW

Only one cabin left of the type we want,

Absolute crazy and that’s for 2025 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, PompeySailor said:

WOW

Only one cabin left of the type we want,

Absolute crazy and that’s for 2025 

Count us out for the time being.  Not paying these prices.  I have a feeling the only way I'm getting aboard is if I get lucky and get an invite to one of the 2 day preview sailings

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, NSnewcruiser said:

I know some will pay but I wonder if enough won't and they will lower the prices.

I think Icon's launch is not too dissimilar to Anthems in 2015 as they are both quite a radical change for Royal Caribbean. When Anthem launched in the UK there was a significant cost premium for her which was reduced when dynamic dining and no traditional promenade was not particularly warmly received.

I'm not saying the more family orientated, water parks, suite decks etc of Icon will have the same effect  but it is a shift more to families and suite guests by Royal. What is different though is  even if it did we are still 15 months away from Icon sailing with 15 months of heavy promotion.

By the time she sails she could be fully booked, you only had to look at how one of the inaugural sailing threads descended to realise that people are VERY passionate about her. 

I might be wrong but I don't see any lower prices coming.

9 hours ago, topanga49er said:

That is interesting. You are right:  88% of the cabins on Icon hold more than two, so they probably have to do some adjustment...

Anyone else setting their alarm for midnight?

For off-season? Yeah! They already make those decisions all the day. Better to have a 4 beds cabin filled with 2, than empty!

So, now, let me to show such a growing trend here in Europe: 4 friends will book a regular hotel room that fits 4 and will just go by themselves. Some hotels are counteracting their "airbnb" like providers and offering shared rooms for 4 or 5 individuals inside.

That said; the Icon is a family/small group oriented ship. On peak season they'll just fill all those 3/4/5 guests per stateroom by the day. Out of season they may to entry the small young adults groupy thing like here in Europe these days. That's not either the problem.

I hope that for us, "traditionalists" the X/Princess/HAL/older RCI ships combo will just to suffix, filling our needs!... Oh; and NCL and MSC to an extent for the times being!...

At those suite prices being shown here, give me a regular Regent/Silversea/Seabourne/Hapag-Lloyd one by the day!... To each, his own!... Meanwhile they'll to sell them as far as there are interested ones on buying them. Regular launching season prices for a new ship, especially if 1st in class are always set to be higher than regular mainstream ones.

44 minutes ago, Tin can said:

I think Icon's launch is not too dissimilar to Anthems in 2015 as they are both quite a radical change for Royal Caribbean. When Anthem launched in the UK there was a significant cost premium for her which was reduced when dynamic dining and no traditional promenade was not particularly warmly received.

Quantum maiden sailing in Oct. 2014 (a TA) was cheap.  Of course, it was a non-stop 8 night transatlantic with at least one international flight, so limited interest.

I don't know what the pricing was for Quantum's inaugural season at Cape Liberty.