Icon of the Seas Blocks Are In The House!

5 minutes ago, soremekun said:

The should probably use the "slot" for Oasis 7 for another Icon class ship.

Current gen O class and Icon class are built in different yards.

Biker, who wonders if the Turku yard has welding issues.

• Haha 2

August 10th; 4pax (2 adults/2 kids)

D3  = $5900

I3 = $6500

1B = $7100

2 connecting rooms = $9500

J3 = $8900

My kids suck ass and can't sleep in the same bed so my only reasonable option is IB.

Edited by sagosto63
  • Haha 4

16 hours ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

I wonder if it is actually booked with a customer, or a non-revenue big shot to help promote the ship?

It was booked. At 1:30 it was available to be booked. Not long after it was gone. 

For those seeing everything they are interested in being sold out, add a third person to your room and it opens a lot of categories back up for booking. 

On 10/24/2022 at 6:41 AM, flamingos said:

Really stupid question - is this price for the entire townhouse, or is this per person?

Per Person, for the Townhouse- in peak season it can go upwards of $100k+

Edited by joshsc

22 hours ago, deliver42 said:

Heck, I'm looking at Feb, 2025 and it's showing all the aft balconies as sold out. Forward is no extra charge, and mid ship is $38.00 extra. This is for a regular balcony, and they are only allowing deck 12 by the Vitality Spa.

They are not sold out.

What is happening with the inventory is the following.

There are very few double occupancy cabins D2 and D4.  TA's are allowed to block space (not specific room)  When they do this Royal pulls the same number of cabins from inventory so that they can fulfill their obligations for that group space.

That's why you will suddenly see an entire deck or one side of the deck disappear or in this case all the aft cabins.

There are a lot of sailings that actually look sold out...like the first sailing.  There are plenty of cabins left but Royal isn't showing them.  The space is held in a group...I know, I'm holding 16 spaces in what looks like a sold out category but I can still book it and when a client books a 2D for example they end up booking a 2D guarantee and then Royal assigns it from one of the cabins they are holding

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, fsjosh said:

It was booked. At 1:30 it was available to be booked. Not long after it was gone. 

For those seeing everything they are interested in being sold out, add a third person to your room and it opens a lot of categories back up for booking. 

Not many want to travel with a third in their room or add a fake guest and have them  be a no show...prices are already high enough.

• Like 2

On 10/24/2022 at 4:41 AM, Ourusualbeach said:

This is crazy, there are so few cabins that hold 2 guests on this ship, no way will they fill them all with 3 and 4 guests

However that is what Royal was hoping for, Nada going to happen though. Eventually they will figure it out.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

They are not sold out.

What is happening with the inventory is the following.

There are very few double occupancy cabins D2 and D4.  TA's are allowed to block space (not specific room)  When they do this Royal pulls the same number of cabins from inventory so that they can fulfill their obligations for that group space.

That's why you will suddenly see an entire deck or one side of the deck disappear or in this case all the aft cabins.

There are a lot of sailings that actually look sold out...like the first sailing.  There are plenty of cabins left but Royal isn't showing them.  The space is held in a group...I know, I'm holding 16 spaces in what looks like a sold out category but I can still book it and when a client books a 2D for example they end up booking a 2D guarantee and then Royal assigns it from one of the cabins they are holding

Can Triples/Quads be "held" as group space?  Or only doubles?

When you see the renders, videos and this image, you realize that there are more reasons to keep a keen eye on its build. 😁

[image from the Royal Caribbean Icon of the Seas Press Center page]

drawing.thumb.jpg.e7aeaacc155845758abc19a7dfbc50d4.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555
  • Like 1