Icon of the Seas Blocks Are In The House!

When you see the renders, videos and this image, you realize that there are more reasons to keep a keen eye on its build. 😁

[image from the Royal Caribbean Icon of the Seas Press Center page]

drawing.thumb.jpg.e7aeaacc155845758abc19a7dfbc50d4.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Not many want to travel with a third in their room or add a fake guest and have them  be a no show...prices are already high enough.

No, but a lot of people are just saying things are sold out and don't know whats going on. If you have a specific date and category you just have to have, adding the third person might be worth it. 

On 10/24/2022 at 1:49 PM, silentbob007 said:

I was on Quantum’s “inaugural” from NJ down to the Caribbean. Booked it last minute for a slight premium in a balcony cabin. Many things on the ship did not work well yet (never got on Northstar as it was a 3 hour wait) and there was almost no recognition about it being a milestone cruise because there had been the TA and other press cruises and already. I am very hesitant to spend top dollar on an early cruise.

Good times 😉 We were on the first sailing and the ship wasn’t even finished from the yard. We had entire areas being occupied with tech teams. Couldn’t get into our room the first day, Dynamic dining was a mess and the POS went down frequently. It was a crazy crossing from Southampton indeed. The ship changed appearance since new art work went up constantly. Most things did work when we got to the US, but we said then that we would never to do first sailing again. Well, we went on the first Harmony too…. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Fredrik said:

Good times 😉 We were on the first sailing and the ship wasn’t even finished from the yard. We had entire areas being occupied with tech teams. Couldn’t get into our room the first day, Dynamic dining was a mess and the POS went down frequently. It was a crazy crossing from Southampton indeed. The ship changed appearance since new art work went up constantly. Most things did work when we got to the US, but we said then that we would never to do first sailing again. 

Was on the same sailing.  Bionic Bar was very entertaining.  😄

On 10/25/2022 at 12:46 AM, soremekun said:

When is Icon 2 scheduled to be complete?

On 10/25/2022 at 1:00 AM, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

2nd Quarter of 2025

Icon of the Seas (Icon class I) January year 2024.

Apex of the Seas? (Icon class II) 2025

Joy of the Seas? (Icon class III) 2026

Screenshot_2022-10-26-23-14-08-651_com.instagram.android.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DaniMSCRoyal_85 said:

Icon of the Seas (Icon class I) January year 2024.

Apex of the Seas? (Icon class II) 2025

Joy of the Seas? (Icon class III) 2026

Screenshot_2022-10-26-23-14-08-651_com.instagram.android.jpg

Doubt they would use Apex of the Seas because of the Celebrity Apex.

I like Legend of Seas. Fits with the Icon idea and honors a former ship.

• Like 2

"Legend of the Seas" is a good name option. If we're drawing from RCI history, I would love to see them honor Song of Norway, their first ship, by naming Icon II "Song of the Seas."

There is something satisfying to me about all of the Icon-class ships having 4-letter names. Some options:

Song of the Seas

Opus of the Seas

Apex of the Seas

Idol of the Seas

Diva of the Seas

1 hour ago, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

Doubt they would use Apex of the Seas because of the Celebrity Apex.

I like Legend of Seas. Fits with the Icon idea and honors a former ship.

Theres a Carnival Legend currently. 

I like Paragon of the Seas. 

19 minutes ago, fsjosh said:

Theres a Carnival Legend currently. 

I like Paragon of the Seas. 

Well, I'm thinking in computer terms.  If the first one is Icon, my vote for the second one is Emoji.

Third is Thumbnail.

Fourth one is Click-bait.

Edited by soremekun
  • Like 2
  • Haha 8

32 minutes ago, soremekun said:

Well, I'm thinking in computer terms.  If the first one is Icon, my vote for the second one is Emoji.

Third is Thumbnail.

Fourth one is Click-bait.

If we don't get Meme of the Seas and Boaty McBoatface of the Seas, we riot!

• Haha 7

On 10/23/2022 at 9:02 PM, T-2 said:

Secretlyfi, your search skills are phenominal.  I never ever found that map of the cabin layouts.  It is such a huge help as its always a relief to know what is above and below you.  Plus I value TAs time and like to be set to go, not waffling trying to make decisions.  Now we will just wait to see what they say all those beautiful cabin colors equate to- as there are some new cabin categories to tempt everyone.  But I was able to pick out my first 10 pair choices (need 2) to try for depending on how long it takes to get through, the phones are going to be hopping.  Cannot shout out thank you loud enough for the help, THANK YOU!

You're welcome, no problem.  I know it's been a few days and maybe you've already made your choice, but wanted to let you know that Royal has the normal, easier to read deck plans on their website now, with all the square footage and descriptions for each cabin type.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/icon-of-the-seas/deck-plans/2250/07

• Like 2

Future RCL Ship Names

Magnificence of the seas

Fantasia of the seas

Paradise of the seas

Haven of the seas

Melody of the seas

Grace of the seas

Sanctuary of the seas

Illumination of the seas

Unity of the seas

Intrigue of the seas

Aria of the seas

Euphoria of the seas

Splendor of the seas

Awe of the seas

Eternity of the seas

Eden of the seas

Vibrance of the seas

Bliss of the seas

Aura of the seas

Joy of the seas

Marvel of the seas

Nirvana of the seas

Divine of the seas

Nova of the seas

Splendor of the seas

Star of the seas 

Monarch of the seas

Titan of the seas

Majesty of the seas

Sun of the seas

Marquee of the seas

Hero of the seas

• Like 2

Secretlyfi, thank you for thinking of me, thanks to your deck plans I had picked out quite a few pairs of staterooms, not realizing they really didn't open bookings as they had on their other ships.  We haven't been able to get anything yet for the week we wanted, Mar 30th.  I didn't want guarantee.  But are hoping they open it up more further down the road.  We tried 2 to a cabin and booking 2 cabins, nothing available except on deck 14!  One cabin was available on deck 12 but then we would be on different floors.  I saw on here many ran into the same problem so I will just be patient until they relax that requirement a bit, was just unprepared.  Can't imagine 4 adults in a cabin, even a balcony type.  But given the losses trying to stay afloat during a pandemic, they probably need to get some revenue flowing.  Love this ship, those first few months onboard are going to be Packed.  I hope you were especially able to get what you wanted and again, thanks for all the much appreciated help.  

"Icon is going to spell the end of Royal Caribbean!" 😉

The Cruise Line Reports Reservations Reached a New Single-day All-time High in its 53-year History: https://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/press-release/1621/record-breaking-bookings-for-a-record-breaking-ship-royal-caribbeans-icon-of-the-seas-sets-new-record/

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Nathan Graveson said:

Future RCL Ship Names

Magnificence of the seas

Fantasia of the seas

Paradise of the seas

Haven of the seas

Melody of the seas

Grace of the seas

Sanctuary of the seas

Illumination of the seas

Unity of the seas

Intrigue of the seas

Aria of the seas

Euphoria of the seas

Splendor of the seas

Awe of the seas

Eternity of the seas

Eden of the seas

Vibrance of the seas

Bliss of the seas

Aura of the seas

Joy of the seas

Marvel of the seas

Nirvana of the seas

Divine of the seas

Nova of the seas

Splendor of the seas

Star of the seas 

Monarch of the seas

Titan of the seas

Majesty of the seas

Sun of the seas

Marquee of the seas

Hero of the seas

He would know... he's currently got the plans for all of these ships on his desk, but sometimes he "mixes them up" and forgets where the aqua theater is located 🤣😜🧐

• Haha 5

12 minutes ago, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

"Icon is going to spell the end of Royal Caribbean!" 😉

The Cruise Line Reports Reservations Reached a New Single-day All-time High in its 53-year History: https://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/press-release/1621/record-breaking-bookings-for-a-record-breaking-ship-royal-caribbeans-icon-of-the-seas-sets-new-record/

Nice!  If this is what their market segment demands, hopefully we'll see 6 or 7 Icon class ships.

12 hours ago, T-2 said:

Secretlyfi, thank you for thinking of me, thanks to your deck plans I had picked out quite a few pairs of staterooms, not realizing they really didn't open bookings as they had on their other ships.  We haven't been able to get anything yet for the week we wanted, Mar 30th.  I didn't want guarantee.  But are hoping they open it up more further down the road.  We tried 2 to a cabin and booking 2 cabins, nothing available except on deck 14!  One cabin was available on deck 12 but then we would be on different floors.  I saw on here many ran into the same problem so I will just be patient until they relax that requirement a bit, was just unprepared.  Can't imagine 4 adults in a cabin, even a balcony type.  But given the losses trying to stay afloat during a pandemic, they probably need to get some revenue flowing.  Love this ship, those first few months onboard are going to be Packed.  I hope you were especially able to get what you wanted and again, thanks for all the much appreciated help.  

Hi.  I just looked for you, and saw that there are quite a few of the large balcony staterooms on 3/30/24, but they are aft.  And many are next to each other for two people..  Not sure if that helps but my TA (sister) lets me play on cruising power sometimes...

• Like 1

On 10/22/2022 at 9:00 AM, Nathan Graveson said:

I'm still around, and I have to admit that some of the things I have said about Icon have been misleading and not true. However, I just want everyone to be excited about Icon and I can't wait to work on the next big project!

4 minutes ago, uncwmark said:

He would know... he's currently got the plans for all of these ships on his desk, but sometimes he "mixes them up" and forgets where the aqua theater is located 🤣😜🧐

Just a minor oversight.

2 hours ago, topanga49er said:

Hi.  I just looked for you, and saw that there are quite a few of the large balcony staterooms on 3/30/24, but they are aft.  And many are next to each other for two people..  Not sure if that helps but my TA (sister) lets me play on cruising power sometimes...

Rats, I wish they let us share TA names here, I tried through RCCL on Mon, and khen the big box store on Tues, both said zero available other than RCCL would let me have a couple spread out on deck 14 only, or the single room on 12.  Lower is better for one in our foursome who is sensitive to ocean motion so I was trying not to be so high up, closer to 8 actually.  I knew lots of other people reported not being able to book unless they had more than 2 to a room.  RCCL certainly nailed it with their new ship, we are going to need more of them.