Icon of the Seas Blocks Are In The House!

35 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You may find some lower pricing for the fall of 205 and early 2026 but they will most definitely be at a significant premium to what the initial launch prices were for the Icon 9 months ago.

This^ and the reference to “significant premium”. You are right, the current pricing trend points to that. Also, good point on Utopia opening pricing. 
In my head I am hoping Icon 2 sails from PC. However, looking at the current pricing on Wonder and especially suites, I imagine it will be crazy high. 

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Just a hunch but based on some information I have seen I think Icon will open for booking for the rest of 2025 and through April of 2026 with the next couple of weeks

Ken @Ourusualbeach - First off, I promise that I am not lying - I saw and immediately booked the ICON for a 7 night cruise on November 15, 2025 from Miami but this is no longer on the web site. Our cabin is #9179 and I have a confirmation number. Any idea what may be going on? Computer glitch maybe or someone goofed and opened up the date? We haven't heard anything from Royal either. I booked this reservation on September 7, 2023.

10 minutes ago, SilkySal said:

Ken @Ourusualbeach - First off, I promise that I am not lying - I saw and immediately booked the ICON for a 7 night cruise on November 15, 2025 from Miami but this is no longer on the web site. Our cabin is #9179 and I have a confirmation number. Any idea what may be going on? Computer glitch maybe or someone goofed and opened up the date? We haven't heard anything from Royal either. I booked this reservation on September 7, 2023.

That's a test load for the upcoming release of 

May 2025 to April 2026 itineraries 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Whew! Thank you! Hope you don't mind if I ask another quick question. I booked inside accessible cabin #9179. The description for an inside accessible cabin on the web site states that it is 285 sq ft and the 2 twin beds can convert to a Royal King; however, on my booking invoice, it states that the 2 twin beds convert to a queen, which I just now took a moment to read the description. The deck plan shows this cabin very close to the elevators and that cabin on the map does look a bit smaller than the others. Could it really be just a queen bed and not a king? I guess it wouldn't kill me to sleep closer to my DH but I really like my space and can't sleep very well if he's touching me. Weird, I guess. LOL! TIA and have a wonderful day!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, SilkySal said:

Whew! Thank you! Hope you don't mind if I ask another quick question. I booked inside accessible cabin #9179. The description for an inside accessible cabin on the web site states that it is 285 sq ft and the 2 twin beds can convert to a Royal King; however, on my booking invoice, it states that the 2 twin beds convert to a queen, which I just now took a moment to read the description. The deck plan shows this cabin very close to the elevators and that cabin on the map does look a bit smaller than the others. Could it really be just a queen bed and not a king? I guess it wouldn't kill me to sleep closer to my DH but I really like my space and can't sleep very well if he's touching me. Weird, I guess. LOL! TIA and have a wonderful day!

I would take a guess that all the beds are the same as what you are used to.  From a logistics point of view having beds the same size makes a lot of sense.  I cant see them having different sized beds.

All the invoices that I see now say queen as opposed to Royal King.

My guess is that most people don't have a clue what a Royal King is they just see King and then get something slightly smaller.  By saying Queen they now get something slightly bigger

• Like 1

On 8/17/2023 at 11:57 AM, Biker19 said:

"

'Coffee Talk' recaps shipyard trip

Accommodations

During her 'Coffee Talk,' Freed also singled out accommodations like the infinite balcony rooms, offering 250 square feet of interior space with a window that drops down to let in fresh air. A curtain separates the 'balcony' area and the main room. And the bathrooms are different: the showers are rectangular, instead of round, with a bench.

Icon has 419 infinite balcony rooms.

Doesn’t this defeat the purpose of always having the balcony doors closed because of how the air conditioning works? If the doors are left open it affects the ac in balconies on that grid.

10 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Doesn’t this defeat the purpose of always having the balcony doors closed because of how the air conditioning works? If the doors are left open it affects the ac in balconies on that grid.

Those cabin's HVAC system is likely a bit different than current design.

5 minutes ago, NSnewcruiser said:

25-26 Icon sailings are up now.Still expensive.

I checked prices for March of 2026 using the exact same room categories that we booked last October of 2022 for our March 2024 Icon cruise. Over $5,000 price increase! Yikes! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hollon said:

so disappointing!

Yes, agreed. We try to book our cruises the moment they're available for booking, well in advance, so that we can get the lowest price possible. We're going to pass this time around. Too rich for our blood.

Also, on side note, the cost of our March 2024 Icon cruise for the exact same room categories has nearly tripled in price since we booked back in October of 2022. That is insanity! $20k now for 2 rooms (one balcony and one "spacious" interior). 4 total passengers (wife, me, two sons 15 and 13). Not sure who would pay that kind of money, but guess people do... Crazy... We paid $6,800 total.

18 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Your answer eased my stress level; however, new dates have been posted into 2026 and my booked date of November 15, 2025 is still not listed!!! Stress level is on the rise! Wonder what that's all about.🙄 Sorry to keep whining about this but, if anyone can find out, you can! TIA Oh, and btw, the prices are cheaper than what I paid!🤬 Looks like I may have jumped the gun on this one. WWYD?

Edited by SilkySal
add

20 minutes ago, SilkySal said:

Your answer eased my stress level; however, new dates have been posted into 2026 and my booked date of November 15, 2025 is still not listed!!! Stress level is on the rise! Wonder what that's all about.🙄 Sorry to keep whining about this but, if anyone can find out, you can! TIA Oh, and btw, the prices are cheaper than what I paid!🤬 Looks like I may have jumped the gun on this one. WWYD?

Not showing on cruising power either.  Could be any number of things from IT glitch to a charter

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mramella said:

I checked prices for March of 2026 using the exact same room categories that we booked last October of 2022 for our March 2024 Icon cruise. Over $5,000 price increase! Yikes! 

So glad we booked this for Feb 2025 via Next Cruise when on the WOS last spring. BIL/SIL got hit with a higher price booking the same cruise this summer, but not $5000 more.

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Not showing on cruising power either.  Could be any number of things from IT glitch to a charter

Maybe a President's cruise? Wondering if I could just move the deposit to another date for a cheaper price or hang out awhile to see what happens with that date.🤔

28 minutes ago, SilkySal said:

Maybe a President's cruise? Wondering if I could just move the deposit to another date for a cheaper price or hang out awhile to see what happens with that date.🤔

Way to early for a PC.  Your only option now is to wait.  Unless you booked refundable any change you try to make now will cost you a $100pp penalty to move it

• Thanks 1

On 9/12/2023 at 3:54 AM, mramella said:

On 9/12/2023 at 3:56 AM, hollon said:

so disappointing!

We book in D4 balcony Oct 31 2022 when the itineraries were first released for a Nov 30 2024 sailing. We got it for $2784.  A D4 balcony with this new release for exactly one year later (Nov 29 2025) is $5680

Unbelievable! I'm glad we got in when we did.

• Like 5

On 9/12/2023 at 6:21 AM, Biker19 said:

Those cabin's HVAC system is likely a bit different than current design.

Assuming they use the same design for these as they do on Celebrity, when the infinite veranda window is open, the AC is off in your cabin only. There is no way to "seal off" the window area from the rest of the cabin to allow AC to stay on with the window open.

2 minutes ago, NanaPam00 said:

Assuming they use the same design for these as they do on Celebrity, when the infinite veranda window is open, the AC is off in your cabin only. There is no way to "seal off" the window area from the rest of the cabin to allow AC to stay on with the window open.

That (the AC being off while door is open) is also true on most RCI ships, but the open door does affect the cabins around you when you do that. @chengkp75 may have some insight if the infinity veranda HVAC design is any different than current ships.