Hot Tub Cleanliness

They do empty and refill them from what I've seen everyday/night, but even so, a lot of us won't get in them.  They're definitely not as hot as a hot tub should be.  It's basically human soup lol.

• Like 3

they are emptied and cleaned on a cycle so that at least one  hot tub is available during  open hours( they now start  netting them over in the evenings)  that being said, rarely does anyone  rinse off before entering, kids are constantly mucking about in them covered in soft serve, and we won't discuss the voiding of bladders.  

even if they are  scrubbed out and  chlorine to death daily, I;d still  be hesitant 

6 minutes ago, TravisP said:

I wish they would turn the heat off of some of them when it is hot outside. 

That's what the pools are for.  Except in the Harmony Solarium.🙄

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

That's what the pools are for.  Except in the Harmony Solarium.🙄

Being on HOTS last week is what prompted my posts. Did not really care for location of the adult pool (Sports Pool). It would be nice if they would pick one or two of the several hot tubs in the solarium to have no heat during hot weather. That was one of the very few disappointing things on the cruise. Not enough to keep me from sailing on HOTS again since we went ahead and booked HOTS for February of 21. 

11 minutes ago, TravisP said:

Being on HOTS last week is what prompted my posts. Did not really care for location of the adult pool (Sports Pool). It would be nice if they would pick one or two of the several hot tubs in the solarium to have no heat during hot weather. That was one of the very few disappointing things on the cruise. Not enough to keep me from sailing on HOTS again since we went ahead and booked HOTS for February of 21. 

I never did understand Royal's Oasis class Solarium pool logic (or non-logic).  The ships with the highest passenger count in the fleet have the smallest (or no) Solarium pool. 

• Like 3

Too many people don't shower before using pools and hot tubs. There is a reason why that is a public health requirement yet very few shower or rinse before entering.  

Hot tubs are basically a petri dish of human soup at a simmer.  Depending on the numbers present free chlorine can be fully consumed. 

If you can find one right after it's been cleaned and sanitized that's great.  If you find an empty hot tub you have no idea how many people have used it or where it is the cycle of newly sanitized to desperately needs to be sanitized.  

Same with land resorts and public pools.  

47 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

I never did understand Royal's Oasis class Solarium pool logic (or non-logic).  The ships with the highest passenger count in the fleet have the smallest (or no) Solarium pool. 

And the smallest DL on Harmony.  😞 

• Like 2

What's the grossest thing I've seen is kids sitting in the hot tubs eating ice cream (with it dripping down their arms) and adults sitting in them all day or at least 3-4 hours and taking no bathroom breaks....I stay away from the hot tubs on board.

• Like 1

My husband, daughter and I were on the infamous Legionnaire Disease Celebrity Cruise (Horizon?) to Bermuda approx. 20 years ago which was attributed to the hot tub.  One person died, many fell ill.  Luckily, we never used the hot tub.  Since then, NO to public hot tubs. 

26 minutes ago, queenfrostine22 said:

We refer to hot tubs in my family as the "stew pot"

People Soup... Haven't been in one since early 80's. Over the yrs have witnessed many people having sex in them, even on Royal ships... But guess it's like what you eat, don't think about the dozens hands have been on your food from Field to your plate...

Edited by ONECRUISER

On our GR cruise 6-18 April, a woman was apparently breastfeeding an approximately 1 year old in the hottub.  We were told by someone who saw it and reported it.  First, a baby in a diaper, second, a baby in a hot tub and third a woman breastfeeding in the hot tub.  No one I know would ever think that was a good idea.  So many things could go wrong in this scenario.  Not to mention, that is really bad parenting.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ashland said:

What's the grossest thing I've seen is kids sitting in the hot tubs eating ice cream (with it dripping down their arms) and adults sitting in them all day or at least 3-4 hours and taking no bathroom breaks....I stay away from the hot tubs on board.

I had to laugh when one poster on another thread described tots in swim diapers as "fecal teabags".  Yuck!!  😝

• Like 4
  • Haha 1