Miracle Dry Dock 2020

Can't find anything specific about what is being planned for the Miracle dry dock Feb 14 to March 1, 2020 so if anyone has heard anything by talking to anyone on the ship, or if anyone is heading to the ship in the next little while and can enquire, would be appreciated.

Miracle doesn't have a Guys Burgers or Blue Iguana, so kinda hoping these will added. Is a 2 week dry dock long enough for these to be done? Also, if cabins are being "refreshed", what does that usually entail?

This was her last dry dock:

Completed During dry dock 3/07/15-3/21/15

• Routine hotel maintenance
  • Cosmetic enhancements such as new carpeting, tile work, new furniture and new fabrics in lounges and public areas
  • Alchemy Bar – located Deck 2 aft (replaced Jeeves Lounge)
  • SkyBox Sports Bar – located on Deck 2 forward (replaced Maguire’s Sports Bar)
  • Cherry on Top – located Deck 3 forward (replaced Special Occasions)
  • RedFrog Pub – located Deck 2 forward (replaced the Jazz Club)

According to some of the staff officers I talked to at the D&P party on Miracle several months ago, they are planning to add the 2.0 bars and restaurants on Lido during the next dry dock.  They did not know if they would be adding an outdoor TV like on Pride and Spirit when I asked about that. 

Edited by PhillyFan33579
  • Like 2

I also noticed recently that the Miracle will start sailing out of San Diego soon. That is awesome that we will have other options in SoCal for the three day cruises other than the Fantasy class ships.

• Like 1

On 5/8/2019 at 12:34 PM, PhillyFan33579 said:

According to some of the staff officers I talked to at the D&P party on Miracle several months ago, they are planning to add the 2.0 bars and restaurants on Lido during the next dry dock.  They did not know if they would be adding an outdoor TV like on Pride and Spirit when I asked about that. 

Excellent news. We're doing the 17 night Panama cruise right after the dry dock so having those on board will be great. Dive In movie screen would also be great if it happens.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Carnival Miracle Dry Dock Schedule

Next Scheduled Dry Dock: February 2020
Previous Dry Dock: March 2015 

During Carnival Miracle's last dry-dock it received the following updates:
  • Cosmetic enhancements such as new carpeting, tile work, new furniture and new fabrics in lounges and public areas

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/3/2019 at 11:13 PM, Mrgoodbar said:

Will hurricane Dorian damage in the Bahamas affect the drydock in Feb, 2020?

Doesn't seem like it....already back in business:

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/21511-grand-bahama-shipyard-open-for-business-2.html

Still waiting on more details about what will be done. Really hoping for dive in movies! 

On 5/6/2019 at 5:37 PM, Kelownacruiser said:

Can't find anything specific about what is being planned for the Miracle dry dock Feb 14 to March 1, 2020 so if anyone has heard anything by talking to anyone on the ship, or if anyone is heading to the ship in the next little while and can enquire, would be appreciated.

Miracle doesn't have a Guys Burgers or Blue Iguana, so kinda hoping these will added. Is a 2 week dry dock long enough for these to be done? Also, if cabins are being "refreshed", what does that usually entail?

This was her last dry dock:

Completed During dry dock 3/07/15-3/21/15

We will be on the first sailing out of Miami after dry dock. Have not had Guys or the Blue Iguana burrito bar on our last two cruises. Can taste them both right now. Mmm Mmm

I'm on the San Diego to Miami Panama Canal cruise right before dry dock, so I guess I'll be in an "unrefreshed" cabin. 😄  I hope the Spirit class ships are around for a good long while.  They are my favorite class of Carnival ship, and I've had my 2 best cruises on Carnival - Hawaii and Alaska - on the Spirit and Miracle respectively.

Roz

• Like 1

On 5/8/2019 at 2:07 PM, TheJayCat said:

I also noticed recently that the Miracle will start sailing out of San Diego soon. That is awesome that we will have other options in SoCal for the three day cruises other than the Fantasy class ships.

We are on the Miralce January 2020 out of San Diego to Hawaii 🙂   only 106 days to go!

• Like 1

On 10/4/2019 at 11:29 AM, MEUB1112 said:

We're on the Aug 09, 2020 from SF to Alaska. Will be following along for word on the dry dock plans.

We will be in this cruise with you!  Love the Spirit class ships!