Following threads problem

Is this happening to anyone else?  In the last few days if I just post on a thread, CC is automatically putting it in my "followed" content and sending an email every time someone posts on that thread.  The first time it happened I thought maybe I had accidentally clicked on something but then it kept happening (and I'm sure I haven't asked to follow the thread).  I have some I want to (roll calls) but not every thread I post on.  😁  Sure enough, I go to "manage followed content" and that thread will be added to those I had.  

7 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Is this happening to anyone else?  In the last few days if I just post on a thread, CC is automatically putting it in my "followed" content and sending an email every time someone posts on that thread.  The first time it happened I thought maybe I had accidentally clicked on something but then it kept happening (and I'm sure I haven't asked to follow the thread).  I have some I want to (roll calls) but not every thread I post on.  😁  Sure enough, I go to "manage followed content" and that thread will be added to those I had.  

Yes, the same thing has happened to me.

The other option is once you post to go to the top of the page, click follow and choose no email notification.  A PITA for sure.  

67C39012-824F-4695-AD80-47518631342D.thumb.png.a233c2c3eec8fad5223ffecaaa658833.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

Click on your username —> Account Settings and you can change your default notifications there.

AC055FF6-1A5E-43B9-8AF8-8A25B2FAB6B9.jpeg

Yes, thanks!  A friend told me the same thing in the last few minutes, so I've done it.  The question I have though, is that I never had those marked in my settings before, and now they are!  The notifications just started 2 days ago --- so something changed in the system without my initiating it.  

3 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Yes, thanks!  A friend told me the same thing in the last few minutes, so I've done it.  The question I have though, is that I never had those marked in my settings before, and now they are!  The notifications just started 2 days ago --- so something changed in the system without my initiating it.  

Yes, I was suddenly following a bunch of threads that I never asked to follow. Some kind of hiccup in the system?

After I changed my settings, it stopped doing that.

Edited by 3rdGenCunarder
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

Yes, I was suddenly following a bunch of threads that I never asked to follow. Some kind of hiccup in the system?

After I changed my settings, it stopped doing that.

Same here, except it only stopped temporarily and is now happening again. Every thread I ever posted to is marked for notification. Luckily most are so old that I will not bother changing them.

But, if cruisecritic keeps this up maybe I'll just report them as spam and then delete from my spam folder.

5 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

Same here, except it only stopped temporarily and is now happening again. Every thread I ever posted to is marked for notification. Luckily most are so old that I will not bother changing them.

But, if cruisecritic keeps this up maybe I'll just report them as spam and then delete from my spam folder.

And now because I posted to this thread and one other thread, they both have instant notification although I did nothing to follow them and had to change them. I hope posting again with this response will not make me have to change again.

Is cruisecritic trying to turn people off and have them stop posting?

• Like 1

I'm glad to see it isn't just me - suddenly I'm inundated with emails from posts on CC that I've responded to.  I've changed my settings (which I had not changed previously) and hopefully that will fix the problem.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ger_77 said:

I'm glad to see it isn't just me - suddenly I'm inundated with emails from posts on CC that I've responded to.  I've changed my settings (which I had not changed previously) and hopefully that will fix the problem.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

I found this in another forum  https://boards.cruisecritic.com/notifications/options/

It allows you to reset your default away from automatic immediate e-mail response (which you used to have to set for a thread for it to be activated),

3 hours ago, ger_77 said:

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

I'm glad I asked, because I thought it was just me too.  

I noticed it was happening for 2 threads but not others.  As I look right now to the bottom of this post as I type, right under “insert other media” that “Notify me of replies” is turned on (green). Clicking it turned it grey/white/off.  I’ll check my other settings now.

Thanks for all the tips!  

Edited by syesmar

I'm having another problem also. I am following my roll call, and it keeps un-following me. It's so weird, because I check my "new content I follow" and don't see updates for days, so I go look at what I follow, and it's gone. I add it again, and 2 days later (today) it was gone again. 

My notifications stayed the same. I wonder if it was because I changed them from the default months ago. Or, it could be because the machines both fear and respect me. 

1 minute ago, POA1 said:

My notifications stayed the same. I wonder if it was because I changed them from the default months ago. Or, it could be because the machines both fear and respect me. 

Definitely the latter.  😜  

I changed my settings as soon as the new board was up and running and they’ve stayed the same as well.

My in-box has been flooded as well.  I've changed my settings and I hope doing so will work.  Today, when I got online, I had 149 e-mails!  Most were CC responses!  

I enjoy clicking on the responses of those who respond to my specific comments on threads.  I don't enjoy reading others' comments that do not apply to my specific posts.

• Like 1