Online check in No Passport

Who has completed the online paperwork check-in process that is traveling without a passport?  What info are we required to enter instead of our passport number?   (I’m not looking for a lecture or opinions about traveling with or without a passport.  The decision has been made and we leave in three weeks.)  I’m just curious as I start the process tonight and I’ll be doing it away from home as to what I should have with me to start the forms. Just birth certificates?  I know many have said that fussing with a photo now is a waste of time because they end up retaking it when you arrive, but looking to what other glitches I may run into as I start this process.   Thanks for any advice, etc!

I would still do the photo. I think they use it to start the process when checking in. I also think there is a section for other than a passport. not sure. If you can print the boarding pass without entering the passport info. Do so and just take your birth certificate (Original) not a copy with you or whatever you use.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DancerMama25 said:

Who has completed the online paperwork check-in process that is traveling without a passport?  What info are we required to enter instead of our passport number?   (I’m not looking for a lecture or opinions about traveling with or without a passport.  The decision has been made and we leave in three weeks.)  I’m just curious as I start the process tonight and I’ll be doing it away from home as to what I should have with me to start the forms. Just birth certificates?  I know many have said that fussing with a photo now is a waste of time because they end up retaking it when you arrive, but looking to what other glitches I may run into as I start this process.   Thanks for any advice, etc!

I am trying to remember, but I believe there will be a drop down box where you select what ID you are bringing.  Should not be a problem at all.

And I just skipped the step about the photo and was easily able to complete and print my Set Sail pass

• Like 1

Yep, you can do it online with the birth certificate. You choose what documentation you'll be using, and then enter the info from your birth certificate and government issued photo ID. You don't have to do the photo to complete online check in. They'll do the photo at the check in desk, and review your documents to verify they are correct and valid. Have fun!

Make sure you have a certified, original birth certificate and not a copy. Also bring a copy of marriage certificate (if you are married) and your current legal name doesn’t match the name on your birth certificate. 

Like others have said, you can choose the type of documentation from the drop down menu when you are completing the forms.

Two other points.

You need a birth certificate from a government entity, not from the hospital.

Birth certificate only if a US citizen born in the US.

If you were born overseas to US parents, you need a Consular Report of Birth Abroad.

If you were not born a US citizen, but naturalized, you need you Naturalization certificate.

1 hour ago, bouhunter said:

There is no reason to mess with the photo unless you want to.  It isn't required, and takes about 2 seconds per person at the pier.

And so far when I uploaded a photo they took a photo they used anyway. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Merion_Mom said:

My uploaded photo has always been accepted.  🙂  

The check in person in Honolulu was going let me on board Ovation with my uploaded Michael Bayley picture. 

Biker, who doesn’t think he resembles M Bayley. 

Edited by Biker19