Itinerary Change to CocoCay

Has your Caribbean Itinerary been changed to include CocoCay?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Has your Caribbean itinerary been changed to include CocoCay?

• Yes, my itinerary has been changed to include CocoCay
    • No, my itinerary has not been changed to include CocoCay

11 minutes ago, 1992cruiser said:

On my last cruise to coco cay, there were several crew talking about future 3 night party cruises that stayed at Coco Cay overnight and had two full days there. 

I’m assuming from Miami or Port Everglades. 

Assuming a Friday afternoon to Monday morning cruise, I guess you’d get to CocoCay sometime Saturday morning and leave late Sunday afternoon. 

How long would it take to sail from Miami directly to Coco Cay?

Edited by LadyBeBop

This all feels like an abuse of the cruise contract.

The cruise contract gives the cruise line wide latitude in how they can change ports and itineraries--which is completely understandable for things like weather and hurricane damage and propulsion issues--but this is getting ridiculous. It's nothing more than a money grab. In all fairness, people hit with this type of change should be allowed to cancel without penalty.

I can just imagine a new 4-night itinerary that includes just Coco Cay, Labadee and a day at sea.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Heymarco said:

I can understand adding a bonus day to a cruise, if the ship is close and has time. However, changing  itineraries from Eastern ports to Western seems unethical. I understand they have the right to do so, but doesn’t mean they should.

Irma

2 hours ago, LadyBeBop said:

Assuming a Friday afternoon to Monday morning cruise, I guess you’d get to CocoCay sometime Saturday morning and leave late Sunday afternoon. 

Mariner out of PC would have no problem with that trip. Monarch used to arrive in Nassau around 10:30 am on Saturday. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, island lady said:

I can't get away from Coco Cay on either western or eastern route on Harmony.  Used to love going there, but they changed it like they did Labadee....worse actually.  If I want theme park experience...I will go to Orlando.  Don't need to pay to be on a ship to do that.  😞 

Pat, have you been there yet?  You might be surprised.  Looks like a lot more than a theme park to me.  Especially if you have the drink pkg. 😉

I'm bummed that Laura gets to go three times before I do in September

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LadyBeBop said:

6-7 hours only.

• Thanks 1

On 5/30/2019 at 7:58 AM, Redsky5292 said:

Western Caribbean cruise has been changed.  They dropped Cozumel and added Nassau and CocoCay

On what planet are Nassau & Coco Cay in the "western" Caribbean?

Edit: Guess I should have scrolled a bit

Edited by alevyinroc

6 minutes ago, alevyinroc said:

On what planet are Nassau & Coco Cay in the "western" Caribbean?

Edit: Guess I should have scrolled a bit

They also claim that the pool on Coco Cay is the largest in the Caribbean.  Go figure.

On 5/30/2019 at 8:15 AM, bowler15547 said:

In what universe is Nassau and CocoCay Western Caribbean? I guess they have to pay for the island somehow.

On 5/30/2019 at 12:54 PM, kag19 said:

Ours already includes CocoCay but we are on an Eastern so makes sense.  Not sure what map they are using if Nassau and CocoCay are now on the Western itinerary...

Curious, what do people consider eastern vs western for the Caribbean? I usually think of Puerto Rico/Dominican Republic as the center point of the Caribbean and the Bahamas is definitely west from there, so to me it makes sense including the Bahamas on a western Caribbean. I guess since the Bahamas aren't technically in the Caribbean sea? 

While I don't want to go to Cococay on every cruise, we went last week on Adventure, and were pleasantly surprised at the lack of 'theme park' feel around the pool area and the beaches.  I didn't hear noises from the slides where we were, and even when we were over eating next to the park, it wasn't noisy....unless the off-key singalong at Capt Jack's could qualify as noisy.  :classic_biggrin:

I went as a skeptic, and actually enjoyed the day, including the food, which was quite good for a 'cook-out' type meal.  We didn't spend a penny on the island, and other than the first two hours of hopeful waiters dropping by to see if we wanted a drink, weren't pressured to spend.

It was a very pleasant day. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, awestover89 said:

Curious, what do people consider eastern vs western for the Caribbean? I usually think of Puerto Rico/Dominican Republic as the center point of the Caribbean and the Bahamas is definitely west from there, so to me it makes sense including the Bahamas on a western Caribbean. I guess since the Bahamas aren't technically in the Caribbean sea? 

Except (as you stated) the Bahamas aren't in the Caribbean Sea.

19 hours ago, 1992cruiser said:

On my last cruise to coco cay, there were several crew talking about future 3 night party cruises that stayed at Coco Cay overnight and had two full days there. 

They're talking about arriving on one ship, spending a day or two there, and going back on another ship.

5 hours ago, ticketsunlimited said:

Can you imagine pulling all your luggage off the ship to stay in your over water bungalow.  What are they putting 22 guests per cabin?

Confused about your last question. What do you mean? The entire ship does not participate. 

Regardless of how many participate the thought of packing all your stuff, pulling all your stuff out of the ship moving into a bungalow, unloading all your crap again, loading it back up after two days putting it back into another room that is supposedly waiting for you on a completely different ship. Unpacking again... sounds like a nightmare to me.

43 minutes ago, ticketsunlimited said:

Regardless of how many participate the thought of packing all your stuff, pulling all your stuff out of the ship moving into a bungalow, unloading all your crap again, loading it back up after two days putting it back into another room that is supposedly waiting for you on a completely different ship. Unpacking again... sounds like a nightmare to me.

Not me! I wouldn't even bother unpacking. 

On 5/30/2019 at 12:17 PM, SAmome said:

Have the new itineraries been updated on the RCCL website?  I was having trouble finding Brilliance going to Coco Cay April 2020 filtering on RCCL and wonder if the websites that update which ships in which port will catch the changes.  

For those with a recent change to include Coco Cay, any other ship with you?  

They are on Royal site, but to actually see changed Ports have to click on the Cruise and actual date of sailing. It will then say Itinerary has been changed to... That's how Royal does it. They don't actually change first page showing what Ports it was sailing too

6 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

They are on Royal site, but to actually see changed Ports have to click on the Cruise and actual date of sailing. It will then say Itinerary has been changed to... That's how Royal does it. They don't actually change first page showing what Ports it was sailing too

Thanks for the info.  With the growing popularity of Coco Cay I can see wanting to filter on cruises that go there.  Not needing to tender is a game changer.  For 3 or 4 night bahamas cruises I'd think RCCL has a competititive edge over NCL/Carnival by essentially being a little more like DCL.  

This is totally ridiculous and I am becoming very skeptical about booking any more cruises on RCI in the future.  When I book a cruise it is because I want to go to those ports.  If they continue to make these random changes I am thru with them.  There are lots of other cruise lines that don't make the idiot changes this one is making.  In no way, shape or form is Nassau a good change for Cozumel.  Been to Nassau so many times I wouldn't even get off the ship. But I also would not spend a dime while on the ship that day to make their scheme pay off.  They are building all of these great ships but if they continue on this path they are going to be running no were near the capacity they need to for them to make the huge profit they love so much!

3 hours ago, SAmome said:

Thanks for the info.  With the growing popularity of Coco Cay I can see wanting to filter on cruises that go there.  Not needing to tender is a game changer.  For 3 or 4 night bahamas cruises I'd think RCCL has a competititive edge over NCL/Carnival by essentially being a little more like DCL.  

Agree. NCL is ok but as I'm Royal above 340 points always sailing Solo is best Deal for me all around.  I'm doing Celebrity for first time in Nov

3 hours ago, Vlgg731 said:

This is totally ridiculous and I am becoming very skeptical about booking any more cruises on RCI in the future.  When I book a cruise it is because I want to go to those ports.  If they continue to make these random changes I am thru with them.  There are lots of other cruise lines that don't make the idiot changes this one is making.  In no way, shape or form is Nassau a good change for Cozumel.  Been to Nassau so many times I wouldn't even get off the ship. But I also would not spend a dime while on the ship that day to make their scheme pay off.  They are building all of these great ships but if they continue on this path they are going to be running no were near the capacity they need to for them to make the huge profit they love so much!

Agree that not great way Change Ports as they have. But even when they haven't by choice I've had Dozens Port changes due to Medical, Weather, even Civil War when Royal had no control.

Edited by ONECRUISER

On 5/30/2019 at 4:44 PM, kruzerci said:

What was the reasoning in the email?

Dear Guest,

We have a few itinerary changes to share with you for our upcoming March 2,2020 Brilliance of the Seas sailing.

Over the past few months, we’ve been hard at work transforming our private destination, CocoCay, into Perfect Day at CocoCay and we’re excited to share that you’ll now experience everything it has to offer. Instead of visiting Cozumel, Mexico, we’ve added Perfect Day at CocoCay and the beautiful port of Nassau, Bahamas to our itinerary! To accommodate all these exciting changes, we’ve adjusted our departure time in Key West, Florida. Below, please find our updated itinerary.

Image did not load.

Discover all that the Bahamas has to offer! While in Nassau, explore the streets and tunnels of the lost city of Atlantis! Whether you wander the city, swim with dolphins, or get a close glimpse of the 250-marine species in the underground aquarium, you won’t be disappointed.

Then, while in Perfect Day at CocoCay, you’ll see that this mighty island is packed with new thrills and even more ways to chill. With several new attractions added to our lineup, like Oasis Lagoon, Thrill Waterpark, Chill Island, plus much more, you’ll find yourself planning your next trip here in no time! To find out more about how you can spend your time in Perfect Day at CocoCay with us, click here.

Any pre-paid Royal Caribbean International shore excursions scheduled for Cozumel will be refunded to your original form of payment. Any affected Royal Caribbean International shore excursions booked for Key West, will be rescheduled for you by our Shore Excursions team. Within the next 3 business days, you’ll receive an email with your updated excursion details. Then, feel free to browse through our Cruise Planner for additional excursions that may interest you.

Thank you for understanding. We can’t wait to welcome you onboard your Royal Caribbean International vacation!

Sincerely,

Image did not load.

My DW contacted Customer No Service and noted that it was understandable to have to change iternaries for weather, political unrest, repositioning or mechanical issues, but expressed dismay at this which was clearly aimed at maximizing profits on their private island. The response she received noted that they regretted to have change itineraries, but sometimes it was unavoidable due to

weather, political unrest, repositioning or mechanical issues ...

Edited by Ubiquitous Cruiser
spelling

On 5/30/2019 at 7:34 PM, MightyMike said:

I can just imagine a new 4-night itinerary that includes just Coco Cay, Labadee and a day at sea.

You need 5 nights to do that. And Explorer of the Seas will be offering a few 5 night itineraries that include only CocoCay and Labadee during winter 2020-21. 

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser