Share price drop

CCFC

Google says Gulf + Trump ban on US owned cruise ships visiting Cuba + sixth consecutive quarter disappointing results.

As long as you’re not looking to sell your shares the drop doesn’t really affect, does it?  OBC not affected afaik

Edited by eddie11

6 minutes ago, CCFC said:

Does anyone know why Carnival shares dropped 12% today, over £500 in a day for 100 shares is a lot.

Don't know but really preferred when P&O Princess was a wholly owned and operated a British Company.

4 minutes ago, eddie11 said:

Google says Gulf + Trump ban on US owned cruise ships visiting Cuba + sixth consecutive quarter disappointing results.

As long as you’re not looking to sell your shares the drop doesn’t really affect, does it?  OBC not affected afaik

I'm not looking to sell and get a 4% return on the share value, its just a big drop that I haven't seen for a long time.

"London-listed shares in Carnival Cruises sunk 12 per cent yesterday after the travel company cut its profit forecast due to the Trump administration’s sudden ban on cruises to Cuba.

The cruise giant also blamed higher expenses and an expectation of lower ticket prices in the coming months for the downgrade."

The bad publicity and heavy fines Carnival's been picking up lately won't have helped either - particularly as there are now clear indications that if it doesn't mend its ways the fines are going to get even bigger and it may find its ships banned from various parts of the world.

4 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

"London-listed shares in Carnival Cruises sunk 12 per cent yesterday after the travel company cut its profit forecast due to the Trump administration’s sudden ban on cruises to Cuba.

The cruise giant also blamed higher expenses and an expectation of lower ticket prices in the coming months for the downgrade."

The bad publicity and heavy fines Carnival's been picking up lately won't have helped either - particularly as there are now clear indications that if it doesn't mend its ways the fines are going to get even bigger and it may find its ships banned from various parts of the world.

Get real.

1 hour ago, Harry Peterson said:

Bit of a hit for you Docco, share price must now be quite a bit lower than when you bought, shows you not to take notice of my predictions.

8 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Bit of a hit for you Docco, share price must now be quite a bit lower than when you bought, shows you not to take notice of my predictions.

Around 15% down at a rough estimate. Swings and roundabouts though - I should have paid more heed to my own original thoughts about the value of the shares. Shan't be losing any sleep over it - the rule's never to put money into the stock market that you aren't prepared to write off.

2 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Around 15% down at a rough estimate. Swings and roundabouts though - I should have paid more heed to my own original thoughts about the value of the shares. Shan't be losing any sleep over it - the rule's never to put money into the stock market that you aren't prepared to write off.

They'll be back, you can't keep a good stock down.:classic_rolleyes:

7 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

They'll be back, you can't keep a good stock down.:classic_rolleyes:

Probably. I'm genuinely concerned at the impact of their appalling approach to environmental issues though, and what's looking increasingly like a deliberate policy of non-compliance.  Take these things too far and you start to become a target.

I'm also concerned that the cost-cutting's started to become counter-productive, leading to those 'lower ticket prices' they cite as one of the problems.  Again, take things too far and you start to lose your key markets.

10 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

Probably. I'm genuinely concerned at the impact of their appalling approach to environmental issues though, and what's looking increasingly like a deliberate policy of non-compliance.  Take these things too far and you start to become a target.

I'm also concerned that the cost-cutting's started to become counter-productive, leading to those 'lower ticket prices' they cite as one of the problems.  Again, take things too far and you start to lose your key markets.

Reading all the financial comments about yesterdays price drop and only the loss of Cuba and Vista's 3 week outage seem to be concerning the pundits.  Clearly they don't rate environmental issues as a major issue in stock valuations.

• Like 1

Think the most cause for the drop in share price is Donald Trump banning all cruise ships visiting Cuba and has been a big hit for Carnival as a company. Nobody however good they follow the financial markets and company performances saw that decision coming out of Donald Trump's tiny little mind.

5 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

Reading all the financial comments about yesterdays price drop and only the loss of Cuba and Vista's 3 week outage seem to be concerning the pundits.  Clearly they don't rate environmental issues as a major issue in stock valuations.

Fallen a bit more today with Brexit cited as a reason. 

6 hours ago, brian1 said:

Never heard of him,is he a director of Carnival.

The poster is actually insulting me. Think of a short version of Richard.....

2 hours ago, gazwag said:

Could go down further once Trump v Iran kicks off with the possible affect on oil prices and nobody wanting to cruise the Arabian Gulf

But that effects all cruise lines.Has Royal Caribbean slumped.

Brexit indeed:

One little-noticed culprit: Brexit.

The U.K.’s on-again-off-again exit from the European Union has rattled the region’s economy and put consumers there on edge. That makes it tougher for Carnival to attract local customers to those cruise routes.

Ah those Brexit dividends we keep getting promised by the Leave Liars.......

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1