Why the difference?

So ( I love people who start a sentence with SO )

After nearly making it to Diamond we decided to give Celebrity a try

Being the "same" company I thought things would be the same the booking system has a very similar feel

So I book a cruise and shortly afterwards I get the confirmation invoice and noticed the promised free grats weren't free

So I ring them up and this is the difference I spoke to a CS Rep who knew what she was talking about she explained that I should have chosen to prepay them which I hadn't and then the auto credit would have happened. No problem she did it then and there and before I put the phone down I have a revised invoice sitting in my inbox WOW

Whilst I have only had one negative experience with Royal and the Rep really did not understand my argument, I have never felt that they are really that experienced

5* for Celebrity 

If I'm reading this correctly we had the same experience when booking their all inclusive package. The first invoice listed all the charges but those charges subsequently came off on a follow-up.

49 minutes ago, sxphil said:

Whilst I have only had one negative experience with Royal and the Rep really did not understand my argument, I have never felt that they are really that experienced

5* for Celebrity 

So  (sorry couldn't help myself)  I'm guessing that if you have enough exposure to Celebrity CS you will find that they have inexperienced/inept people also.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bee Guy said:

So  (sorry couldn't help myself)  I'm guessing that if you have enough exposure to Celebrity CS you will find that they have inexperienced/inept people also.

LOL, such a cynic

But I guess you may be right but nevertheless a good first experiance

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Bee Guy said:

So the glass is half empty.

Glad to hear you had such a positive experience; normally it’s the bad things people talk about. 

I’ve had to call Royal Caribbean CS once, to change from MTD to the late seating. Rep was extremely courteous, knowledgeable and took care of my request in a few moments time. 

Sounds like our sample size and experience are exactly the same. 🤷‍♀️

Smaller cruise line, fewer ships, much lower overall guest capacity. 

Scaling to handle 85k passenger versus 25k passengers is a much different problem. 

I'd also guess that a more affluent clientele requires dealing with a different set of typical client issues.

2 minutes ago, twangster said:

Smaller cruise line, fewer ships, much lower overall guest capacity. 

Scaling to handle 85k passenger versus 25k passengers is a much different problem. 

I'd also guess that a more affluent clientele requires dealing with a different set of typical client issues.

85k vs 25k 🤔

Is that the weekly capacity of the two lines?

13 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

85k vs 25k 🤔

Is that the weekly capacity of the two lines?

https://cruisemarketwatch.com/capacity/

Note sure if it's based on double occupancy or SOLAS capacity at any given moment.   2018 numbers may not factor Edge or Spectrum or Symphony.  

Edited by twangster
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, sxphil said:

After nearly making it to Diamond we decided to give Celebrity a try

Being the "same" company I thought things would be the same the booking system has a very similar feel

So I book a cruise and shortly afterwards I get the confirmation invoice and noticed the promised free grats weren't free

So I ring them up and this is the difference I spoke to a CS Rep who knew what she was talking about she explained that I should have chosen to prepay them which I hadn't and then the auto credit would have happened. No problem she did it then and there and before I put the phone down I have a revised invoice sitting in my inbox WOW

5* for Celebrity 

And yet in over 30urs dealing with Royal Ive never had issue. Book 4-6 cruises a yr directly with them. Call or text if need anything and request is done.