J. Rockets

1.This about the Adv. Of The Seas, is breakfast free at J. Rockets??

2. What are the free breakfast, lunch & dinner options on the Adv.??

3. Any special places on the ship we should see??

All for now, THANKS

george35

No breakfast at JR on Adventure.  Only on Oasis class ships.

Included dining options: Main Dining Room, Windjammer (buffet), Cafe Promenade.

Peek-a-boo bridge.  Ice rink.

I would have to say our (included) breakfast at Rockets on Oasis was probably my least favorite meal aboard ship. It wasn't terrible, but the whole operation and seating seemed a little awkward and uncomfortable somehow, and I had better breakfasts in the Windjammer. So no loss to us that this option is not offered on Adventure. I can't say you are missing out on some amazing experience.

2 hours ago, KmomChicago said:

I would have to say our (included) breakfast at Rockets on Oasis was probably my least favorite meal aboard ship. It wasn't terrible, but the whole operation and seating seemed a little awkward and uncomfortable somehow, and I had better breakfasts in the Windjammer. So no loss to us that this option is not offered on Adventure. I can't say you are missing out on some amazing experience.

My impression was that the people assigned to work at JR really did not want to work there.

• Like 1

They only use JR as a "free" breakfast venue on the HUGE ships that don't have adequate space for breakfast.  So, it's not available on your ship.  All of the breakfast food is basically the same, no matter where you get it.

1 minute ago, spookwife said:

holee crap.  it doesn't cost that much for a person  in one of the land based  restaurants.  

Yep, it's getting ridiculous.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, cb at sea said:

They only use JR as a "free" breakfast venue on the HUGE ships that don't have adequate space for breakfast.  So, it's not available on your ship.  All of the breakfast food is basically the same, no matter where you get it.

JR's does have smothered and covered potatoes

That is unique

Order it with twice the veg, half the potatoes,  and an egg on top

Edited by John&LaLa

3 hours ago, KmomChicago said:

👍

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Brad1185 said:

JR used to be included but teenagers took over and they had to start charging. They keep raising and raising the prices but apparently its still not scarring away the teens. 

I would hope that they're not scarring teens -- scars are for life!

With that spelling snark out of the way, I have NEVER seen JR's full on any ship I've been on (and I've been on a few!).  

1 minute ago, brillohead said:

... I have NEVER seen JR's full on any ship I've been on (and I've been on a few!).  

Not anymore.  Last time I saw JR busy was on the last day of the cruise (sea day) back when all C&A members had a free coupon for JR.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Not anymore.  Last time I saw JR busy was on the last day of the cruise (sea day) back when all C&A members had a free coupon for JR.

I remember when it was free (except for beverages) to everyone. Of course, we had to try it. It was around 2:00 on a port day and waited in line for nearly an hour. It was NOT worth the wait and only went back maybe once or twice even with the C&A coupon. Used to give them away. Definitely would never pay $12.95 for it. 

We were on Harmony last week and tried JR for breakfast. They made a decent omelette and experience was nice enough early morning.  One disappointment was that they offered chili as an omelette ingredient and instead of true chili they served chili peppers! Not the same. Better option was Mini Bites on Deck 15.

2 minutes ago, Sizzlechest said:

That's good to hear. I've been told by other people that I need to make a purchase to get a shake on the bev package.

That requirement seems to vary.  Please report back.

13 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

My impression was that the people assigned to work at JR really did not want to work there.

Agree completely. They did seem to have just about the worst food service job and it was not a very fun venue for us or them.