Is Aqua class worth it?

zitsky

26 minutes ago, julia said:

Z:. While we do enjoy Aqua cabins (and Blu), if you are really suseptible to motion then you perhaps shouldn't be up that high.  A lower deck, preferably mid-ship, will have a lot less motion. Seas can be unpredictable, even in the Caribbean.

Thanks for that.  We could carry a bucket with us......

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, keesar said:

This cabin is listed as an Obstructed View Cabin.  There are much better choices in this category.

Because of the window cage that is sometimes parked in front of balcony.  However IMO quiet more important then a slight obstruction.  I have heard horror stories from pax under the gym and pool or whirlpools.

Edited by Cruise a holic

On 7/3/2019 at 8:12 PM, helen haywood said:

Another thing I like about AQ is the balconies that have the large overhang.  I’ve had one Mohs surgery and I need shade.  These balconies give me shade 24/7.  I can use my balcony in the Caribbean year round with these balconies.  ( I realize others feel differently! 🌞)  Another thing I like is that as the cabins are only double occupancy, I am less likely to be next to an unhappy child...

But I agree, I wouldn’t pay much extra for an AQ cabin....

Unless you are in one of the AQ cabins that abut a CC cabin...

Which is exactly what our party of five are booked into for Feb 🙂

(Two adults in AQ, 1 adult and 2 kids in CC)

We have a 9-day cruise.  Originally, I booked Aqua, but latest price adjustments have Aqua $614 more than standard Verandah.  I switched out of Aqua.  $68 a day for Aqua isn't worth it to us for Blu and Persian Gardens even though we love them both.  I would go $40 to $45 more for Aqua. 

On 7/6/2019 at 6:50 AM, Aqua water said:

We enjoy AQ when the price is right.  Blu is less crowded and will accommodate your selections much faster than MDR.

I use the Persian garden due to arthritis.  We both use the gym and like the proximity to the cabins.  We have stayed in all types of cabins but enjoy aqua class.

We are booked in AQ for the 1st time and looking forward to our cruise.  I'm curious how busy the Persian Garden is? I noticed on pictures that there is not many chairs in there so how many would it accommodate? 

To speak of the concern with the location of the rooms etc.. Noise does not bother us to sleep and besides we are not spending all our time in the room.  

7 hours ago, Cruisingirl2012 said:

We are booked in AQ for the 1st time and looking forward to our cruise.  I'm curious how busy the Persian Garden is? I noticed on pictures that there is not many chairs in there so how many would it accommodate? 

To speak of the concern with the location of the rooms etc.. Noise does not bother us to sleep and besides we are not spending all our time in the room.  

Which ship? im M class it is hardly worth a mention.

15 hours ago, zitsky said:

Why do you say that?

Zitsky, are you a spa person?

No stone throwing here, but there are a lot of people (quite a lot) who book AQ class simply because of the enthusiasm for Blu and discount the other perks of the stateroom, specifically the Persian Gardens. The reason that the people who discount the Persian Gardens on M-class turn their scorn into compliments for an S-class ship is because on an S-class ship the Persian Gardens afford you a gorgeous view from the heated ergonomic loungers. The M-class Persian Gardens has a location that is housed within the ship and so doesn't have the stupendous views, etc.

That being said, the Persian Gardens within an M-class ship are quite wonderful IF you are a spa person! As an example of people who are not spa people booking into AQ, I can share with you that on my last trip aboard Summit, there was a couple who entered the Persian Gardens with their paperback novels and their beer. Seriously. Beer. I asked them if they intended to use any of the heat treatments (because I don't think they're really compatible). I was genuinely concerned about their lack of knowledge as to what they were putting their body through by drinking beer and going into a heated environment, but I didn't need to worry because they became bored within minutes of arrival.

I can't remember the ship you're booking? The revolutionized Persian Gardens on an M-class has been improved substantially! The experiential rooms are really, really good. I spent more time in the rooms on Summit than I have done before, just because the equipment was working flawlessly. And, the aromatherapy room (which was usually a scent of eucalyptus) has been changed to what they are calling a Salt Room (but, it isn't.... it's a crystal quartz room... quite, quite hot... ).

On 7/10/2019 at 9:29 AM, Cruisingirl2012 said:

I can only speak to S class Persian Garden. First sea day on a 7 day cruise can be busy, port days tend to be quiet. 10-noon, and early afternoon are popular, kind of like the pool. There are 8-10 loungers, I can’t remember exactly how many, and the hot and cold rooms hold 3-5 people. I’ve had to wait for a lounger once, but we typically only make it once or twice a cruise.

I don’t know what time the PG closes, but early evening would be amazing, like sneaking off to the hot tub when everyone else is at dinner.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Member123 said:

Zitsky, are you a spa person?

No stone throwing here, but there are a lot of people (quite a lot) who book AQ class simply because of the enthusiasm for Blu and discount the other perks of the stateroom, specifically the Persian Gardens. The reason that the people who discount the Persian Gardens on M-class turn their scorn into compliments for an S-class ship is because on an S-class ship the Persian Gardens afford you a gorgeous view from the heated ergonomic loungers. The M-class Persian Gardens has a location that is housed within the ship and so doesn't have the stupendous views, etc.

That being said, the Persian Gardens within an M-class ship are quite wonderful IF you are a spa person! As an example of people who are not spa people booking into AQ, I can share with you that on my last trip aboard Summit, there was a couple who entered the Persian Gardens with their paperback novels and their beer. Seriously. Beer. I asked them if they intended to use any of the heat treatments (because I don't think they're really compatible). I was genuinely concerned about their lack of knowledge as to what they were putting their body through by drinking beer and going into a heated environment, but I didn't need to worry because they became bored within minutes of arrival.

I can't remember the ship you're booking? The revolutionized Persian Gardens on an M-class has been improved substantially! The experiential rooms are really, really good. I spent more time in the rooms on Summit than I have done before, just because the equipment was working flawlessly. And, the aromatherapy room (which was usually a scent of eucalyptus) has been changed to what they are calling a Salt Room (but, it isn't.... it's a crystal quartz room... quite, quite hot... ).

Whether I am a spa person will depend on if I get to use it LOL.  Really.  All I have in my local gym is a sauna which I never use..mostly because my husband doesn't want to use it.

Just off the Reflection where we were in AQ.   After prices went down we upgraded from a concierge as price differential was small.   

For us, the Blu dining experience was much better than our last few AQ experiences on other ships.  Dinners were all terrific, service and sommelier were outstanding. Since there were 4 of us, we had a regular table in a great spot.   

Personally,  we found the breakfasts, while relaxing and nice got a bit boring on a 12 day cruise.  They really need to switch up the menu now and again (yes they will bring you anything but....) so we ate at the buffet a couple of times (of course it was hectic!).   

There were footstools on the balcony and our cabin steward opened the divider between our cabin and my brother and sister in law's next cabin to us.   

It's Blu for us all the way (really the only reason we choose Aqua Class) but if the price differential is too high I too would choose a regular balcony in a prime spot and eat in specialty restaurants.   Good luck!!   

• Like 2

We had an OV cabin booked - one of the new ones - but the more I thought about it, the more I wanted Blu. We love the quiet, almost intimate atmosphere and the personal service. Last cruise the sommelier was excellent. I checked prices for weeks and the price finally dropped so we upgraded for $800. I didn't think that was too bad as we jumped two categories. 

We did get one of the reclassified concierge room, 9126, so I hope it's a good cabin. 

On 7/7/2019 at 5:16 PM, the_dylaness said:

Unless you are in one of the AQ cabins that abut a CC cabin...

Which is exactly what our party of five are booked into for Feb 🙂

(Two adults in AQ, 1 adult and 2 kids in CC)

Do you have airtight confirmation that you will all be able to dine together in Blu?  Usually it is Blu passengers only unless they make an exception.

7 minutes ago, warmwinds said:

Do you have airtight confirmation that you will all be able to dine together in Blu?  Usually it is Blu passengers only unless they make an exception.

Hey I'm in Blu!  No exceptions!  (Kidding)

1 hour ago, warmwinds said:

No, we did not request Blu for the passengers in the CC cabin.

Our kids have no interest in a 2 hour dinner in Blu.

They also like to eat dinner at 530 or so, too early for us.

We rarely eat dinner together on a cruise due to different food and time preferences.  We almost always have breakfast and lunch together, and for dinner we go our way and they go theirs.  Often a buffet dinner or room services for them.  We took them to the MDR for dinner once or twice on our 10 night Reflection cruise and no one had fun.  So we split and all have a good time.

41 minutes ago, 4774Papa said:

BLU is nice, but the cruises that I look at, AQUA would cost us $1000 or more for a cruise.  I say NO to that.

If you are at all interested in Aqua, just keep checking on the price.   On our upcoming 14 night cruise, Aqua was about $1400 more than a Concierge cabin.  I was willing to spend about $4-500 more because we would have purchased Persian Garden passes.  At about 60 days before the cruise, the price plunged enough for us to move to Aqua and go from 2 perks to 4 perks - with a listed price of only $100 more for both of us.  So we will be in Aqua next month for less money than I ever dreamed.

55 minutes ago, rotoal said:

If you are at all interested in Aqua, just keep checking on the price.   On our upcoming 14 night cruise, Aqua was about $1400 more than a Concierge cabin.  I was willing to spend about $4-500 more because we would have purchased Persian Garden passes.  At about 60 days before the cruise, the price plunged enough for us to move to Aqua and go from 2 perks to 4 perks - with a listed price of only $100 more for both of us.  So we will be in Aqua next month for less money than I ever dreamed.

Hope that your AQ cabin location is good!