Carnival Wide new standard is acoming now

AAAAmerican

48 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Frozen drinks are difficult to drink that way, especially right after being made.

I agree.  Especially something like a Chocolate Mocha Getaway that has whipped cream on top.  Also, many women wear lipstick in the evening and it is much easier to drink with a straw so that lipstick doesn't get all over the glass.

46 minutes ago, 13cheermom said:

You missed my point, I don't abuse this right, I just stated there is nothing wrong with a parent taking a few boxes of cereal for snacks for their kids.  It was a convenience thing, that we utilized, we didn't fill up our suitcases with them.  But another post stated that this bothered them, which I feel is ridiculous!  Just because it doesn't suit you doesn't mean it doesn't affect others.  
That's all, sorry I said anything.

When they switch to bulk, you could always bring some small plastic baggies and fill them with cereal to use as snacks for the kids during the cruise.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

When they switch to bulk, you could always bring some small plastic baggies and fill them with cereal to use as snacks for the kids during the cruise.

Yes, thank-you for a helpful positive comment to my post above, in which I was only defending someone else's comment on the situation.  We will all figure it out without destroying the eco-system, 🤣

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, Lottacruises said:

Yum

IMG_20190818_134929.jpg

IMG_20190815_185819.jpg

I really don't understand what "SOILED" is supposed to mean. Don't use these spoons, this is the place to get rid of your used spoons?  Someone spit on the food, don't touch it? Why would there be a disposal of used utensils right between the place where food is offered? So many questions...

19 hours ago, AmazedByCruising said:

I really don't understand what "SOILED" is supposed to mean. Don't use these spoons, this is the place to get rid of your used spoons?  Someone spit on the food, don't touch it? Why would there be a disposal of used utensils right between the place where food is offered? So many questions...

There is a container with clean butter spatulas.  People are supposed to use a clean butter spatula and then put it into the soiled container.  However, that's not what happens.  People use the same spatula and put it back into the butter container.  As you can see from the picture, people get butter on their hands just trying to dip their spatula into the container.  It's very unsanitary, so I decided that I don't need butter and a roll that badly.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

There is a container with clean butter spatulas.  People are supposed to use a clean butter spatula and then put it into the soiled container.  However, that's not what happens.  People use the same spatula and put it back into the butter container.  As you can see from the picture, people get butter on their hands just trying to dip their spatula into the container.  It's very unsanitary, so I decided that I don't need butter and a roll that badly.

A simple solution as I have seen on other ships in the MDR and the buffet. Butter squares you retrieve with tongs. 

In the MDR they are in a covered small bowl. In the buffet either in a larger bowl or a plate. No mess no contamination.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

Where is the butter on the hands in the pic? 

24 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

I don't blame the people as this setup is very confusing. Three exactly the same cups. One for clean spatulas. One for the butter. And one to put the used spatula in. And a little sign saying "SOILED" that looks as if it could be about the whole setup but in reality means one of the cups. I actually needed your explanation. 

Maybe this is a cheap way of getting  guests to consume less rolls and butter and you fell for it :classic_biggrin:. Otherwise, everyone would understand a flat box with utensils as being clean. Butter also usually comes in a flat container so you don't need to be a magician to get it out. And the disposal "cup" should be plastic or otherwise cheap looking. (The napkin seems to be an apparently futile attempt to indicate "clean", though)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

That part isn't in the pictures.  I witnessed it first hand.  The person reached into the container to get butter.  Since there was butter on the inside all of the way up to the top (like in the picture), he got butter on his hands.  He then wiped his hands on his pants and tried again.

13 minutes ago, twodaywonder said:

A simple solution as I have seen on other ships in the MDR and the buffet. Butter squares you retrieve with tongs. 

In the MDR they are in a covered small bowl. In the buffet either in a larger bowl or a plate. No mess no contamination.

I agree.  That is the perfect solution, in my opinion.

Just now, TNcruising02 said:

That part isn't in the pictures.  I witnessed it first hand.  The person reached into the container to get butter.  Since there was butter on the inside all of the way up to the top (like in the picture), he got butter on his hands.  He then wiped his hands on his pants and tried again.

OK, thought I was missing something. 

• Like 1

Just now, jimbo5544 said:

OK, thought I was missing something. 

No, you weren't. It's just that I witnessed it on my last cruise and it was gross.  It's not a big deal to me because the calories I saved on declining butter and rolls I made up for at the soft serve machine.

• Like 1

I would be interested in knowing on what ship the photo above was taken and when (apologize if that was mentioned and I missed it). On Legend a few weeks ago, if you wanted butter, you asked the server behind the counter and he/she would scoop some from a container that they controlled into a small sauce type bowl and give it to you. It certainly was not self-serve.

Edited by joepeka
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jimbo5544 said:

You’re seriously not seeing how it’s possible, and likely probable, that folks will inadvertently get their hands into that nasty cup o’ “butter”? 😁

• Like 2

On 7/4/2019 at 5:07 PM, joepeka said:

Wasn't this topic on the elimination of plastic straws, plastic drink ware, butter pats, etc. covered in depth weeks ago? I'm not really sure why this has come up again.  

47433496_1169489103228315_6337103316148813824_n.jpg

15 minutes ago, joepeka said:

I would be interested in knowing on what ship the photo above was taken and when (apologize if that was mentioned and I missed it). On Legend a few weeks ago, if you wanted butter, you asked the server behind the counter and he/she would scoop some from a container that they controlled into a small sauce type bowl and give it to you. It certainly was not self-serve.

These photos was taken on the Dream last weekend. It's been like this for at least the last couple of months. 

This set up did cause many people to get butter on their hands, which they proceeded to wipe on their pants or even lick off. Sitting there watching this actually made me think of this thread so I took pics on a couple of occasions only to post here.  I will report back if this set up changes, as we will be on the dream several more times over the next 6 months.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Steve551 said:

47433496_1169489103228315_6337103316148813824_n.jpg

It's "interesting." This topic truly was beaten, I thought, into submission weeks before this thread was started and here we are, a month and a half later and it's still going strong. Of course, I'm as guilty as anyone of perpetuating it.  :classic_blush:

As to your photo, since I see you're from Southern AZ, maybe you will appreciate this: I'm assuming the roadrunner is ASU and the coyote is U of A? :classic_wink:

Edited by joepeka

2 minutes ago, Lottacruises said:

These photos was taken on the Dream last weekend. It's been like this for at least the last couple of months. 

This set up did cause many people to get butter on their hands, which they proceeded to wipe on their pants or even lick off. Sitting there watching this actually made me think of this thread so I took pics on a couple of occasions only to post here.  I will report back if this set up changes, as we will be on the dream several more times over the next 6 months.

I don't doubt it, I just mention it because our experience on Legend two weeks ago was totally different.

• Like 1