Carnival Wide new standard is acoming now

AAAAmerican

There are other solutions that Carnival could have initiated to replace the individually wrapped butter pats if the paper wrapper was detrimental to the recycling process.   I believe they did not introduce any of those solutions because butter is just too darn expensive and their reasons for elimination of the butter pat wrappers was a lot of smoke and mirrors to take the focus off the real reason which was to save money. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fabuloso said:

Has anyone used the sugar straws?  Can you actually get a drink out of them. Or am I going to go cross eyed trying to get liquid refreshment to my mouth?

Yes you can get your drink out of them. They’ve been on the market for 2-3 years. They don’t get soggy for 40-60 minutes. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/5/2019 at 4:09 PM, RRLLAL said:

Most every line is doing something about getting rid of plastic straws and other plastic products. But keep beating the anti carnival drum. 

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=8572

All of the lines owned by Carnival Corp are included in the settlement of the Federal environmental lawsuit.  So, straws, individual butter pats, cereal boxes etc will be going away on all the Carnival Corp brands including Princess, Holland America, Cunard, Seabourn etc.   I really don't quite see what that had to do with discharging gray water, but if it makes the tree huggers feel better, then so be it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DebJ14 said:

All of the lines owned by Carnival Corp are included in the settlement of the Federal environmental lawsuit.  So, straws, individual butter pats, cereal boxes etc will be going away on all the Carnival Corp brands including Princess, Holland America, Cunard, Seabourn etc.   I really don't quite see what that had to do with discharging gray water, but if it makes the tree huggers feel better, then so be it.

One of the reasons all brands are included is Carnival is adding a corporate level environmental beard. Straws are not going away - just some of them and you can bring your own. I like that cereal boxes are going away - too many cruisers would take them off of the ship for free snacks ashore, or even worse, feeding cereal to fish which is very bad. There are other solutions for the individually wrapped butter pats on higher dollar cruise lines.

I don't know how giving a company more money helps offset a carbon footprint, but some companies seem to think so.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/18/2019 at 5:59 AM, AAAAmerican said:

How can YOU tell a good buffet from a Bad on eh?

A=

Simply watch how they re-supply the Trays. The butter now too.

When the workers simply scrape new ingredients into the old trays they now become contaminated with massive amounts of bacteria counts increase.

Kinda like when someone cruising drops an object and puts it back in the food trays..

Yes EWWwww, sneeze guards are meant to protect others..

When the person in front of you squeezes each roll trying to find the freshest one.... and licks his finger  once or twice while doing it.

On 7/18/2019 at 5:42 PM, RRLLAL said:

Yes you can get your drink out of them. They’ve been on the market for 2-3 years. They don’t get soggy for 40-60 minutes. 

True about the drooping soggy time frame but, as DW will attest, they do become a bit slimy and sticky after 15-20 minutes in a fruity drink.

On 7/15/2019 at 2:27 PM, jimbo5544 said:

I love how people embrace change.  In regards to the cereal boxes, I imagine going to the dispenser will save them money despite the economical issues.  I cannot count the number of times ew have seen people on the last morning stuffing their carry on with boxes of cereal.  

Guilty - They are just such great snacks for the kids in the airport!  I don't stuff my carry on though.  I just grab a couple of cereal boxes and a couple bananas.

7 hours ago, MommytoAsquared said:

Guilty - They are just such great snacks for the kids in the airport!  I don't stuff my carry on though.  I just grab a couple of cereal boxes and a couple bananas.

Boxes were still there our sunrise cruise but the days numbered.  

8 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I believe this is Carnival’s attempt to get people to drink faster. 😀

Lol, the results are just the opposite, at least without a brain freeze.   I chucked them half way thru.  

Edited by jimbo5544

8 hours ago, MommytoAsquared said:

And there is nothing wrong with this,  it's my cruise I paid for it and if I want to take a couple of boxes of cereal for a snack I should be able to.  People need to get a life and quit knit picking about what others do.  Just because it doesn't suit your personal wants or needs doesn't mean it doesn't affect others.  I will miss the cereal boxes as well as the rest of my family will for the convenience factor.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, 13cheermom said:

And there is nothing wrong with this,  it's my cruise I paid for it and if I want to take a couple of boxes of cereal for a snack I should be able to.  People need to get a life and quit knit picking about what others do.  Just because it doesn't suit your personal wants or needs doesn't mean it doesn't affect others.  I will miss the cereal boxes as well as the rest of my family will for the convenience factor.  

It is your vacation after all, take the entire supply.  Maybe part of the rationale to remove the boxes come from views that cruisers can do whatever they want.  

3 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

It is your vacation after all, take the entire supply.  Maybe part of the rationale to remove the boxes come from views that cruisers can do whatever they want.  

You missed my point, I don't abuse this right, I just stated there is nothing wrong with a parent taking a few boxes of cereal for snacks for their kids.  It was a convenience thing, that we utilized, we didn't fill up our suitcases with them.  But another post stated that this bothered them, which I feel is ridiculous!  Just because it doesn't suit you doesn't mean it doesn't affect others.  
That's all, sorry I said anything.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 13cheermom said:

That's all, sorry I said anything.

Why is it when someone takes any opposing viewpoint people feel the need to say things like this?  If everyone took 5 extra boxes on the Horizon (I used 5 for the math....) times 4400 (max capacity - roughly) that is 22,000 boxes.  Obviously you taking a couple of boxes does not equate to that, and singularly it is trivial, but at some point trivial becomes meaningful.  Really not trying to start World War III over cereal boxes.....