People who sleep on the Waterfront are gross

PortFees45

10 hours ago, PortFees45 said:

I'm not talking about nodding off for a few minutes while reading a book. I mean the people who get fully horizontal on a couch, disgusting feet up on the cushions, drooling on a pillow and straight up going-into-REM-sleep SLEEPING. 

It's nasty. Sleep in your room. Thank god someone in another thread confirmed they saw crew members swapping out/cleaning the cushions on the Waterfront furniture. 

On the Encore, with such a tiny sliver of the upper decks available to general pax, I assume the problem will be even worse. 

Maybe cruising on NCL "isn't for you". At least 4 or 5 thread starters and nothing good to say about NCL. 

NCL isn't perfect but far,far from the terrible cruise line you are trying to portray. The chronic complaining about things on NCL is getting redundant.

I know I can bypass reading the posts however C'mon Man give it a break.

As for pax doing stupid things well " you can't fix stupid".

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Not the waterfront, but here are a few pictures of observation lounge nappers on the Bliss...

In conclusion, sleeping in public is gross...

I know one thing that is grosser than sleeping in public....

It's people taking photos of people sleeping in public and posting them on the internet. 

Now that's REALLY GROSS!!

Edited by DirtyDawg
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, PortFees45 said:

I hope to god any given set of utensils on the ship is cleaner than the cushions people sweat into all day on the waterfront. 

What do you like about NCL? It seems you spend your time telling us what you don't like and yet you post NCL is your favorite cruise line 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, newmexicoNita said:

Thank you. I totally agree.It may look gross but I think there are more important things to worry about. 

This is just not true. There are many people (myself included) who have compromised immune systems. I have to be very careful about cleanliness and the possibility of picking up something that I don't have the white cells to fight off. Feet don't belong on furniture; neither do open mouths.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DirtyDawg said:

It's people taking photos of people sleeping in public and posting them on the internet. 

I got to disagree.  Not much funnier than looking at pictures that others have posted of people doing things others might find humorous. 

I think that its gross for those putting their faces on the furniture.  Since I only put my clothes covered backside onto the furniture I am not too worried about it.   

And come on.  Let's give a break to the people in the pictures sitting up asleep.  Sometimes people who are relaxed fall asleep.  If it's never happened to you, just wait.  It seems to happen to people more and more as they get older.

Edited by Jasonmom
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, newmexicoNita said:

What do you like about NCL? It seems you spend your time telling us what you don't like and yet you post NCL is your favorite cruise line 

If you'd actually read my posts you'd know the answer to this question. Thanks for spending your time telling us what you think about my posts, though. 

1 hour ago, DirtyDawg said:

There is not a reasonable expectation of privacy in public areas of the ship. If you're comfortable sleeping in a public area, you're comfortable having everyone (on the ship or off) see you doing it. This isn't like taking a picture of someone in their shower in their cabin. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, beerman2 said:

Maybe cruising on NCL "isn't for you". At least 4 or 5 thread starters and nothing good to say about NCL. 

NCL isn't perfect but far,far from the terrible cruise line you are trying to portray. The chronic complaining about things on NCL is getting redundant.

I know I can bypass reading the posts however C'mon Man give it a break.

As for pax doing stupid things well " you can't fix stupid".

Hi Frank Del Rio! 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, PortFees45 said:

There is not a reasonable expectation of privacy in public areas of the ship. If you're comfortable sleeping in a public area, you're comfortable having everyone (on the ship or off) see you doing it. This isn't like taking a picture of someone in their shower in their cabin. 

Just wondering who else found the pictures humorous?

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, PortFees45 said:

So it's fair game to post pictures of people stuffing their faces in the buffet,  walking around the pool deck in too tight speedos or too small bikinis, having a few too many drinks in the bars, or buying some overpriced junk at the art auction? No reasonable expectation of privacy in those public areas of the ship either. 

Edited by DirtyDawg
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, KateQ22003 said:

This is just not true. There are many people (myself included) who have compromised immune systems. I have to be very careful about cleanliness and the possibility of picking up something that I don't have the white cells to fight off. Feet don't belong on furniture; neither do open mouths.

Maybe you shouldn't cruise  as there are so many germs on a cruise ship, not just the chairs and loungers.  My dil will not cruise as she has a very compromised immune system and won't take the chance. 

Sorry but I think there are bigger issues to complain about but I guess people will complain about anything.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, DirtyDawg said:

So it's fair game to post pictures of people stuffing their faces in the buffet,  walking around the pool deck in too tight speedos or too small bikinis, having a few too many drinks in the bars? No reasonable expectation of privacy in those public areas of the ship either. 

Correct, fair game. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, DirtyDawg said:

So it's fair game to post pictures of people stuffing their faces in the buffet,  walking around the pool deck in too tight speedos or too small bikinis, having a few too many drinks in the bars? No reasonable expectation of privacy in those public areas of the ship either. 

None.  Seeing these pictures has set my warped mind into motion.  I bet I come home with a lot more pictures from my upcoming cruise.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jasonmom said:

None.  Seeing these pictures has set my warped mind into motion.  I bet I come home with a lot more pictures from my upcoming cruise.  

yeah because people walking around the pool deck in too tight speedos or bikinis don't want anyone looking at them...

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, PortFees45 said:

Correct, fair game. 

OK. Don't be surprised then when  one of the other, almost 8 billion, people on this planet posts a picture of you on the internet when you're doing something they consider stupid. Glass houses!

1 minute ago, DirtyDawg said:

OK. Don't be surprised then when  one of the other, almost 8 billion, people on this planet posts a picture of you on the internet when you're doing something they consider stupid. Glass houses!

I don't do stupid things in public places. That's kind of the point. 

I think this is a natural consequence of a lot of people's cabins being  too

small for comfort when they allow 4-6 people. One time people were sleeping

in the Haven courtyard because they had stuffed 6 people into a 2 bedroom

and it was just too much for them.Some people are fine with that but some

don't realize before cruising that stuffing that many people who normally

don't spend that much close time together makes them uneasy. Hence the

public sleeping. I have even seen people sleeping on the cushioned window

seats by the asian restaurant on the Jewell class ships.

14 minutes ago, PortFees45 said:

yeah because people walking around the pool deck in too tight speedos or bikinis don't want anyone looking at them...

They might think twice if I'm laughing while taking the photos. 

People watching us high on many people's lists. I don't usually pay much attention.  But maybe i should.  I just have a really bad memory and need the pictures to remember what I saw 5 minutes earlier.

12 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

You don't think people putting their sweaty faces  and stinky sweaty feet on the fabric of public couches  is gross?  How about licking a public toilet seat? No? 

No different if you are on it for an hour sleeping or for an hour reading. Same feet, same sweat.

41 minutes ago, DirtyDawg said:

You will! 😀

That's my point!

Then you'll have every right to take a picture of me doing it. That's my point.

This isn't some personal opinion. Privacy rights have a basis in common law. If someone does a 360 degree video selfie on the pool deck and wants to put it on Youtube, do they need to obtain the permission of everyone in the shot first? Of course not.