People who sleep on the Waterfront are gross

PortFees45

I'm not talking about nodding off for a few minutes while reading a book. I mean the people who get fully horizontal on a couch, disgusting feet up on the cushions, drooling on a pillow and straight up going-into-REM-sleep SLEEPING. 

It's nasty. Sleep in your room. Thank god someone in another thread confirmed they saw crew members swapping out/cleaning the cushions on the Waterfront furniture. 

On the Encore, with such a tiny sliver of the upper decks available to general pax, I assume the problem will be even worse. 

Funny you brought this up. Off of Breakaway a month ago and saw this.  I figure they scored inside cabins and did their fresh air on the waterfront. I saw exactly what you described. Some snoring so loud it shook the boat ( mouth wide open) real pigs with feet in the cushions. Yikes what next.

Edited by cruisinmeme

It is nasty but those that do it can't differentiate between their bed and a public couch so forgive them. You should have seen our Panama Canal trip on the Bliss. You would have sworn the Observation Lounge was turned into a convalescent home with all the people sleeping with a blanket on every possible sitting spot. Nice that the observation  lounge is used for people to look at their own eyelids all day ......

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Don’t see what makes it gross. 

You don't think people putting their sweaty faces  and stinky sweaty feet on the fabric of public couches  is gross?  How about licking a public toilet seat? No? 

• Like 1

Are there any pics taken by any poster that supported this OP statement? There are many off the internet but any taken by the OP? Just trying to justify travelling when this may be prevalent. 

8 minutes ago, 2bthere said:

Are there any pics taken by any poster that supported this OP statement? There are many off the internet but any taken by the OP? Just trying to justify travelling when this may be prevalent. 

See above...

48 minutes ago, shof515 said:

if you think this is bad, read some of the reports of the bliss and joy with people in the observation lounge

Those observation lounges look absolutely revolting. 

I'm so bummed the Bliss is replacing the Escape in NYC. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Not at all.

You'd put a pillow to your face that could have been under some fat disgusting person's sweating arse for 4 hours? Or even worse a cushion for someone's nasty middle aged corn-covered feet? 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

You don't think people putting their sweaty faces  and stinky sweaty feet on the fabric of public couches  is gross?  

I sure do.  If they want to take a nap, they should go to their cabin and free up the lounger/chair for someone else to use.

BTW, not upset, just think it is gross.

Edited by NLH Arizona
  • Like 2

Just now, PortFees45 said:

Rather them smoke in there than on their balcony

True on that.  I was amazed that people would chair hog in a smoke filled room for hours on end.  I wasn’t even sure they had a room.  Brisket doesn’t spend that long in a smoker.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My DH does not sleep in public normally, but the one place he tends to nod off is on the thermal loungers in the spa. For some reason he has a hard time staying awake on those. And he snores. So when we are there I have to watch him like a hawk and give him a swift poke in the side if I hear a snort. Fortunately, we only use the the heated loungers for about 20 to 30 minutes. When he goes back to the regular loungers, he is fine. I have seen others snoring away on the heated loungers and it is very annoying and disturbs the peace and quiet. DH agrees with me and would be mortified if I let him take a snoring nap on one. That is why he won’t go on the spa tile loungers unless I’m there too. I’ve seen people sprawled out sleeping in the observation lounge too, and agree that they should go back to their room to nap. Personally, I would find it very difficult to sleep in a public area.

Mary Ann

• Like 1

OMG the shock, people on a cruise after too much to drink and eat and a busy day relaxing and falling a sleep, the shock simply shocking.

Then on a ship with thousands and comments about feet, socks and dirty, OMG how about the handrails, door handles, could the food utensils be ....

popcorn.JPG

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, cruisinmeme said:

Funny you brought this up. Off of Breakaway a month ago and saw this.  I figure they scored inside cabins and did their fresh air on the waterfront. I saw exactly what you described. Some snoring so loud it shook the boat ( mouth wide open) real pigs with feet in the cushions. Yikes what next.

Why would you assume they had inside cabins....very derogatory. 

I'm  sure there are dirty pig's that have other kinds of cabins

eg window, balcony.

• Like 1