Aqua Class question

takemewithyou

Have not sailed in Aqua Class since 2010!  Has anything changed?  Is water and tea still provided?  

Have not sailed Celebrity since 2015.  Have been reading about the “revolution”.  Anything else in particular I need to be aware of?

i have been reading as much as I can.  Is there still an Elite Happy Hour?

one small bottle of water per person per cruise...not replenished daily. the toiletries are now celebrity label (ie. not as good); the fruit basket is now three apples which are replaced if you eat them....you can also ask for pears or oranges...anything hard and round 🙂  Tea is still available...you may have to request it....ditto with the bottle of bubbly wine which you don't need if you have a drink package, but if you don't and it's not there, just ask.  No more flowers unless you are elite or maybe elite plus.

The coupons are now electronic and on your seapass.  The elite happy hour drinks from 5-7 are unlimited and available at almost any bar, not just the sky lounge. (martini bar is excluded). There is a menu of included drinks which may or may not be followed depending on how you and your bartender get along...

Lots of other little changes....others will chime in...

Edited by ghstudio
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, takemewithyou said:

Have not sailed in Aqua Class since 2010!  Has anything changed?  Is water and tea still provided?  

Have not sailed Celebrity since 2015.  Have been reading about the “revolution”.  Anything else in particular I need to be aware of?

Yes, there is the usual Elite Happy Hour.  They provide appetizers and drinks from a posted menu.

No daily bottled water in Aqua Class.  You get 2 the first day and that is it.  You get the bottle of bubbly but sometimes you have to ask for it.  It is usually not on ice when you enter the room.  

They still have the tea and the early evening canapés.  

We bring a list of items to be provided for Aqua  as our recent experiences have had a cabin attendant who has been new and often not aware of items to be provided.  

The welcome bag has declined in terms of quality. No longer the one with leatherette handles.  

• Like 1

Thanks for the info!  

Other than pillow menu, bathrobes, slippers and welcome water, that’s it?  No more spa diffuser with scents?  LOL. No special bath products.  How are the new bath products?  Maybe I should bring my own?

Hows Blu doing?  I found a breakfast menu that looks the same as I remember.  Could not find a dinner menu.

We will be on Equinox.  Has the Aqua Class room and bath changed at all?  Other than new bedding and fabrics.

48 minutes ago, keesar said:

The welcome bag has declined in terms of quality. No longer the one with leatherette handles.  

We were on the Summit earlier and the nice tote bags are gone.   The bags went from having a zipper & the case with leatherette handles to a bag with no zipper and the case had no handles.

When the tote bag didn’t appear by mid cruise I asked the stateroom attendant and was told the bags had been eliminated.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, takemewithyou said:

No changes that I have seen.   Even the menu in blu is the same!  Yes still an Elite Happy Hour almost every day.

Note to self:

bring own toiletries

bring an old Celebrity bag....darn, I loved those original bags with the leatherette handles that folded up.  We have packed them and used them on other cruises!  I actually had one wear out,  it it took a lot of use!

thanks for the help everyone.

• Like 2

Spa diffuser is still there

Sport/string net bag with slippers, lip balm and so on

Tea daily

we had daily snacks too. 

Access to PG

Blu

Pillow changes--just ask-- no menu that we saw

Per many reports, The foot stools have been removed from AQ cabins since they revolutionized Equinox in May.  Balcony tables are very tiny now and won’t accommodate two people trying to enjoy breakfast.  

That would be a big disappointment to us to not have the footstools.  I wonder if anyone has tried requesting them and received them?  We have one of the larger balconies, too.

i have an inflatable footstool......am I going to have to add that to my packing list, too 😚

I have been reading about some changes to balcony furniture since the “upgrades”.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, takemewithyou said:

We have not since 2012 - so thank you for the topic 🙂 

We have previously found Aqua to be just fine. 

Can't see the point in paying double or more for a suite.

AQ class ( on EDGE)  had CO Bigelow product ..peppermint/ lavendar...I used the body lotion and bar soap but always bring my own hair product .

No daily water for awhile now..annoying but the water in the metal bottles on EDGE  tasted bad anyhow.

The really plush towels have been removed.

AQ Class sometimes  gets equal or less priority than Concierge Class...they are pushing Concierge

But BLU and PG still nice perks !

7 hours ago, isdoo said:

We have not since 2012 - so thank you for the topic 🙂 

We have previously found Aqua to be just fine. 

Can't see the point in paying double or more for a suite.

Besides have much more room in a suite, you typically get great perks.  Luminae, which is so much better then blu, but if you want you can also dine in blu, a suite lounge and deck, priority boarding and disembarkation, suite lounge services drinks and has special functions.    Typically, the cost isn't double AQ, but yes more- but you also get more. 

Some people might think paying additional for AQ isn't worth it- so to each his/her own.

I have stayed in the suites.  Seems like now, post revolution, the suites are sparse and decorated with uncomfortable furniture with less storage!  Doesn’t seem worth the money to me.  Also reading complaints about the new balcony furniture.  We didn’t find Luminae’s limited menu to be a good fit for us.  I remember Blu being more to our liking so we will try it again.