Which cabin should I get?

19 hours ago, brillohead said:

You could also split the difference and do a Junior Suite -- you get a (small) bathtub and extra space in the room and a larger balcony and double points, but without the larger expenditure of a full suite.  

You can use the money you save from not getting a suite to make the rest of the cruise special.... fancier excursions, specialty dining, first class airfare, nicer pre-cruise hotel, etc.

Also my suggestion. Cabin/balcony area are larger and has a tub. We are booked on Symphony and have a junior suite in the "hump" area on deck 8. Very close to dining venues and same deck as Central Park.

• Like 1

On 7/21/2019 at 11:22 PM, zeppgirl said:

We are doing a summer Mediterranean/Greek Isles cruise for our 15 year anniversary.  I keep going back and forth between doing a balcony room or a suite.  If we splurge and do the suite, I am still stuck on which to do.  I would love to have a room with a nice tub and a relaxing experience is the most important thing.  Some of the rooms coming up are the aqua theater suites, owner's suite, and crown loft.  Any of these preferable to another?  The aqua theater sounds awesome as far as the balcony views and the crown loft seems neat for the two floors but other than that, I don't see why one would be preferable to another in our case.  Any help or advice would be great!

I assume you are looking at next year.  Have a look at Jewel out of Barcelona in September (12 nights)  It is going to some amazing places and is bigger than Rhapsody.  Santorini, Mykonos, Rome, Athens etc.  

• Like 1

OP as the above poster suggested...Look at the Sept 17, 2020 out of Barcelona....This is a great itinerary and ship, cabin #1600 GS true aft is available. 

Edited by Ashland
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Ashland said:

OP as the above poster suggested...Look at the Sept 17, 2020 out of Barcelona....This is a great itinerary and ship, cabin #1600 GS true aft is available. 

We had grand suite 1600 corner aft on brilliance, loved it. 

• Like 1

On 7/21/2019 at 6:22 PM, zeppgirl said:

We are doing a summer Mediterranean/Greek Isles cruise for our 15 year anniversary.  I keep going back and forth between doing a balcony room or a suite.  If we splurge and do the suite, I am still stuck on which to do.  I would love to have a room with a nice tub and a relaxing experience is the most important thing.  Some of the rooms coming up are the aqua theater suites, owner's suite, and crown loft.  Any of these preferable to another?  The aqua theater sounds awesome as far as the balcony views and the crown loft seems neat for the two floors but other than that, I don't see why one would be preferable to another in our case.  Any help or advice would be great!

Of the three types of suites you mentioned and, assuming that the "aqua theater suite" is a 1-bedroom Aqua Theater Suite, the Crown Loft Suite probably gives you the most "bang for the buck".  It will usually cost less than the Owners Suite and have the most convenient location of the three, on deck 17 near the Coastal Kitchen and the Suite Lounge.  Of course, if the "aqua theater suite" is a 2-bedroom, that is a different story since 2-bedroom Aqua Theater Suites are Star Class and have all those extra amenities, including the genie.  As for the choice between a balcony and a suite, IMHO, it really just depends on whether your budget can cover the cost of the suite without causing too much financial pain.  A suite is just a whole lot more fun than a balcony room and comes with so many more perks.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We booked an Owners Suite on our last cruise with the Royal Caribbean, Radiance Of The Seas. We were on deck 10 in suite number 1562. 

We have estimated the size of the suite at 532 sqft (50 m2) and balcony 68 sqft (6 m2), as well as the many storage possibilities in the room. Also the big bathroom was great and the best were the amenities you have as a suite guest (exclusive invitations, small gifts, concierge club, exclusive breakfast facilities etc.).

We made a video of the suite:

Maybe it will help you get a better impression of the Owner's Suite. 

We appreciate your likes and comments, and if you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

Best wishes from Switzerland
Fabienne & David 

https://swisstravellerslife.ch
http://youtube.com/swisstravellerslife

27 minutes ago, Swisstravellerslife said:

We booked an Owners Suite on our last cruise with the Royal Caribbean, Radiance Of The Seas. We were on deck 10 in suite number 1562. 

We have estimated the size of the suite at 532 sqft (50 m2) and balcony 68 sqft (6 m2), as well as the many storage possibilities in the room. Also the big bathroom was great and the best were the amenities you have as a suite guest (exclusive invitations, small gifts, concierge club, exclusive breakfast facilities etc.).

We made a video of the suite:

Maybe it will help you get a better impression of the Owner's Suite. 

We appreciate your likes and comments, and if you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

Best wishes from Switzerland
Fabienne & David 

https://swisstravellerslife.ch
http://youtube.com/swisstravellerslife

Nice video, really shows off the Sweet Life!

• Thanks 1

we are also torn between the 2 ships and Itineraries.

There will be 9 of us 3 of which are teenagers.

Rhapsody has the better ports in my opinion but the ship I don't think is "fun" enough for the youngsters.

Allure is a better ship but the ports are a bit on the boring side. Been to most already.

It's not me that's arranging it as it's M&D that are, they want to do a big family cruise to celebrate the golden wedding ann.

My dad has asked for my input having been on a few more cruises than they have.

My sisters and family have never cruised before so I suggested the Allure, it's just a shame the ports are not as exciting as the Rhapsody ones.

10 hours ago, minikiss said:

we are also torn between the 2 ships and Itineraries.

There will be 9 of us 3 of which are teenagers.

Rhapsody has the better ports in my opinion but the ship I don't think is "fun" enough for the youngsters.

Allure is a better ship but the ports are a bit on the boring side. Been to most already.

It's not me that's arranging it as it's M&D that are, they want to do a big family cruise to celebrate the golden wedding ann.

My dad has asked for my input having been on a few more cruises than they have.

My sisters and family have never cruised before so I suggested the Allure, it's just a shame the ports are not as exciting as the Rhapsody ones.

I think you have decide if you are going on a cruise for the ship or the ports and then and only then pick accordingly.

7 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I think you have decide if you are going on a cruise for the ship or the ports and then and only then pick accordingly.

This!  Or, if you want to be all scientific about it...  you could write down like the top 6 features of each trip (3 per ship).  Have everyone going rate them 1-6, with 6 being the best.  Pick the ship with the highest rating 🙂

I would book the balcony and uses the extra money to spend an extra day on land either before or at the end of the trip if time permits, use it for excursions or purchases in port or use the extra money for a deposit towards a future cruise.

Loved the suite for the elbow room and the perks.  The Suite Lounge and embark / show / debark "hop to the front of the line" stuff was really, really nice. I would suggest a suite if it does not cut back on your shore plans.  Cutting the "annoyance / inconvenience" factor on a vacation is something I don't mind paying for.  

On 7/21/2019 at 6:46 PM, Tim,n,Sue said:

Med cruises tend to be port intensive with minimal sea days.  As well, and dependent on the itinerary, the port hours are pretty long.  You will also probably be doing a lot of excursions that may go on for 6-8 hours.  Once you have had dinner and maybe a show you will be ready for bed.  Not a lot of time to enjoy a suite.  I would book a balcony and spend the difference on great excursions.

Great advice, thanks