The Error 500 gremlin is back...

I went back 12 pages trying to find the old thread...

Started last night, click on something and get Error 500.  Clicking reload doesn't work, but usually clicking on the back button works, and I try again.  EM

3 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

I went back 12 pages trying to find the old thread...

Started last night, click on something and get Error 500.  Clicking reload doesn't work, but usually clicking on the back button works, and I try again.  EM

I got the error using the back button.  I had to return to the page I was on and use the "forum" tab to get back to the forum I wanted.

2 hours ago, Shmoo here said:

I got the error using the back button.  I had to return to the page I was on and use the "forum" tab to get back to the forum I wanted.

Me too! Hitting the old tried-n-true 'back' button, just took me to yet ANOTHER blank page -- VERY frustrating! 🤯

2 hours ago, wwcruisers said:

... Is anyone at CC working on this problem -- or do we have to wait until sometime next week, to have these issues addressed??

It is impossible for Staff/Management to read each post on each thread in each forum to see any site feedback, questions, comments or concerns about Cruise Critic. As for the Hosts/Moderators, they are not Staff/Management nor employed by Cruise Critic. They are non-paid volunteers trying to help "direct traffic" and must follow the Moderator Handbook given to them by the Community Manager. The paid Staff/Management work normal business days & hours. The non-paid volunteer Hosts/Moderators work on the boards when their private lives permit.

An e-mail to LauraS, Senior Community Manager, at community@cruisecritic.com is the correct method for all members to get their site feedback, questions, comments or concerns about Cruise Critic to the proper place as requested in the Guidelines. All e-mails to Cruise Critic are handled in order of receipt. I suggest your request for feedback on the current problem should be via e-mail from your Cruise Critic e-mail address of record to the Senior Community Manager and be sure to mention your Cruise Critic user name. This helps for a quicker verification of your membership for a reply. With over a million and a half members and e-mails being received 24/7 from all over the world, please be patient for any reply or action.

I sincerely hope this information will be helpful!

Kat 🐱

1 hour ago, TxCityKat said:

It is impossible for Staff/Management to read each post on each thread in each forum to see any site feedback, questions, comments or concerns about Cruise Critic

I would think that they wouldn't have to read "each post on each thread in each forum".  

It would just be nice if someone would show up here on this forum (the one where we're asking for help) periodically to gather comments/complaints to forward to those people who could do something about them.

• Like 1

Sorry Kat -- I didn't mean to sound so snarky. I do understand that the mods and techs here work very hard, at what at times must seem like a thankless job.

However, Shmoo makes a very good point -- a little periodic feedback -- even if it's just a quick post to say you're aware of the problem, and working on it, would be very helpful in situations like this. We would at least know that someone at CC is aware of the problems that we are experiencing. Actually, I would think that this board would actually be a better information source for you guys, than a bunch of random, individual e-mails. For one thing, I'm not experiencing exactly the same thing, as someone else may be. Where others are getting a '500' error code, I just get a blank screen -- which I have to back out of, and then try to find another way to where I wanted to go.

Anyway, thanks for listening.

Edited by wwcruisers
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Shmoo here said:

I would think that they wouldn't have to read "each post on each thread in each forum".  

It would just be nice if someone would show up here on this forum (the one where we're asking for help) periodically to gather comments/complaints to forward to those people who could do something about them.

They shouldn't have to hunt for any posts anywhere on the boards that contain any comments/complaints/feedback about the management of the boards. That's because all comments/complaints/feedback regarding the management of the boards should be in e-mails to Management and not posted on any of the boards. As stated in the Guidelines:

... Discussion of the management of this community is not allowed on the forums.  Your post will be removed and you may receive a Guideline Reminder.  However, we would be happy to address any concerns you have via email.   Please write to the Community Manager at:  community@cruisecritic.com...

Also from the Guidelines:

... If you have any questions or comments regarding our posting guidelines or any content found on our message boards please be sure and let me know. I'll be happy to discuss them with you.

LauraS
Senior Manager, Community
community@cruisecritic.com...

3 minutes ago, wwcruisers said:

Sorry Kat -- I didn't mean to sound so snarky. I do understand that the mods and techs here work very hard, at what at times must seem like a thankless job.

However, Shmoo makes a very good point -- a little periodic feedback -- even if it's just a quick post to say you're aware of the problem, and working on it, would be very helpful in situations like this. We would at least know that someone at CC is aware of the problems that we are experiencing. Actually, I would think that this board would actually be a better information source for you guys, than a bunch of random, individual e-mails. For one thing, I'm not experiencing exactly the same thing, as someone else may be. Where others are getting a '500' error code, I just get a blank screen -- which I have to back out of, and then try to find another way to where I wanted to go.

Anyway, thanks for listening.

You are most welcome! 👍

No "snarkiness" detected here! ☺️ And yes it became hard work for me from 2005 to 2015. My "cyber life" took over my "real life" then along came health problems so I had to leave my post. ☹️

I fully understand how both of you & others feel about wanting Staff/Management/Host/Moderator to pop in. However, they shouldn't have to if e-mails were sent instead of posting on the boards as requested in the Guidelines.

I also understand how both of you & others feel that posting on the boards is better than sending e-mails. However, that's not the way Management wants it done per the... wait for it... Guidelines. 🙂

Now that the weekend is over, hopefully CC Help Jenn will see this thread and check in soon.

Kat 🐱

4 hours ago, bury me at sea said:

Started getting http error 500 message over the weekend.  Still happening this morning.

Ditto for me.

And getting more frequent !

Still not a major issue so far, back-bar or refresh have been resolving at the first attempt.

Fingers crossed.

JB :classic_smile: