Deployment 2021-22 booking season begins

Voyager is not booked at Victoria, Monterrey, Astoria.

I can not find the cruise listings for Ensenada yet to see if Voyager is booked there.  That port used to report. 

It seems those circle Hawaii sailings have proven popular and it would be interesting for Royal Caribbean to consider those 14-17 day sailings. 

San Diego does offer shore power, but I have no idea if it is required. 

Princess reported using shore power at

Programs begun:
Juneau: 2001
Seattle: 2005
Vancouver: 2009
San Francisco: 2010
San Diego: 2010
Los Angeles: 2011
Halifax: 2014

Maybe they added the plug to use shore power during recent extensive dry dock and didn‘t make it public yet? Adding this option has been done on some older and bigger cruise ships, expensive but possible!

Edited by Saab4444

54 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Thanks for heads up, both of you. Been 20yrs since I was on Voyager. Her coming back might be a sign, been looking do a TP last 4yrs. Now if rates are low enough and can get one my choice Cabins I might Bite...

The voyager has been very heavily criticised by the Australians now that she has returned to aussie waters post refurbishment.  I was on her about 10 days ago.  I didn't see any improvements that I appreciated.  Many are saying royal broke her.  So if that sort of stuff is important to you, check out the reviews. 

3 hours ago, geoff2802 said:

There's the answer to that mysterious 10 June 2021 booking in Sydney; well spotted.  

Sydney - Honolulu is more than 4,400 nautical miles.  Assuming the departure from Sydney remains June 10, I guess there will only be one stop (Lautoka or Port Vila perhaps), if any.  Not sure if Voyager can run all the way without re-fuelling.  

Surely some port bookings would have turned up by now if she was headed to the Caribbean.  California, round-trip Hawaii and/or Mexico looks more likely.  Or Alaska?   

Does anyone know if San Diego also has the "cold iron" rules for cruise ships in port?  

Geoff I think it is doing Sydney to Honolulu non stop with the time allocated. 

5 hours ago, MichellePerth said:

The voyager has been very heavily criticised by the Australians now that she has returned to aussie waters post refurbishment.  I was on her about 10 days ago.  I didn't see any improvements that I appreciated.  Many are saying royal broke her.  So if that sort of stuff is important to you, check out the reviews. 

Like on most ships the biggest change is more cabins and people and less public space!

11 hours ago, springaussie said:

Hawaii Ports

Voyager of the Seas 
21 June 2021 1000 to 22 June 2022 1800. 
Honolulu. 

Strange listing indeed.  

I am on Serenade in Hawaii May 2021.  Nice stop along the way from Sydney to Vancouver.  We do several ports in Hawaii.  

Edited by island lady

10 hours ago, geoff2802 said:

Surely some port bookings would have turned up by now if she was headed to the Caribbean.  California, round-trip Hawaii and/or Mexico looks more likely.  Or Alaska?   

Does anyone know if San Diego also has the "cold iron" rules for cruise ships in port?  

There has been several articles in the last couples months hinting at Royal returning to California. Alaska is a possibility but the timing of her transit suggest its not.

San Diego, San Fransisco, Long Beach, and Los Angeles all have shore power.  

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Strange listing indeed.  

I am on Serenade in Hawaii May 2021.  Nice stop along the way from Sydney to Vancouver.  We do several ports in Hawaii.  

The difference is that Royal is breaking the TP into two cruises on Serenade, which is normally what they do.  There have been exceptions -- Explorer has done a Sydney/Vancouver TP.

There is nothing I would like better than to see Royal in California again.  The rumors are beginning to fly.

• Like 1

Current California port regulations state: 

The At-Berth Regulation provides vessel fleet operators visiting these ports two options to reduce at-berth emissions from auxiliary engines: 1) turn off auxiliary engines and connect the vessel to some other source of power, most likely grid-based shore power; or 2) use alternative control technology that achieve equivalent emission reductions.

I wonder if Voyager might have a new system in place that achieves similar goals as the regulations put out first in 2007? 

14 minutes ago, wl2cruise said:

There has been several articles in the last couples months hinting at Royal returning to California.

And This Email That Some Posted On Another Cruise Line Fan Webpage Also Drive Home The Fact That It Is Probably Returning Back To California.

Good morning 

Many thanks for your email to Michael Bayley regarding Voyager of the Seas ‘amplification’. Please know that whilst I look after our commercial activities outside of North America and China, I am an Aussie, living with my family in Sydney, and I have been responsible for the Australian business for more than 10 years. On that basis, I confirm that there is no lack of respect for our local cruise guests - in fact our local market is highly regarded and very much respected within our corporation.

I would like to share some of my thoughts with you to answer your questions and concerns. As you know, Voyager of the Seas is a much loved member of the Royal Caribbean International fleet, and she has enjoyed amazing popularity in Australia. We redeployed Voyager away from Australia in 2018 to satisfy demand we were experiencing in Asia, and at that time we revised the ‘amplification’ scope to consider the needs of our Asia guests where the ship was expected to remain for some years. The impact on the Australian business of removing the ship was significant, and demand from our guests exceeded the berths available on the remaining ships. For this reason, we decided to bring Voyager back to Australia for the coming summer. Unfortunately, we were not able to re-schedule the full ‘Aussie amplification’ as the scope of work had already been agreed, and the time out of service had been published. I think you will find Voyager of the Seas looking amazing when she returns to Sydney, and we are already in planning for further ‘amplification work during her next scheduled out of service period in 2022.

Please be assured that we will do everything we can to make every guest experience onboard Voyager of the Seas memorable, on every cruise, every year. I do hope you are able to continue to support Royal Caribbean in Australia and I hope we see you onboard again soon.

Kind regards

Gavin

Gavin Smith

SVP International

Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.

Also On The Singapore Cruise Society FB Page Someone Posted A Letter That Was Explaining That Their April 21st 2021 Cruise On Voyager Has Been Cancelled Because Royal Want To Start The Second Part Of The Amplification Earlier Than It Was Previously Scheduled. 

• Thanks 1

I have been stalking Europe/TA/Repositioning cruises for the Oct - Dec 2021 time frame.  The posted cruises available for booking just dropped to 5!!  Hopefully they are about to drop a bunch more as well as change the itinerary for the Jewel "Azores" TA that didn't go to the Azores (but I would prefer it to go there!)

49 minutes ago, kelitino said:

I have been stalking Europe/TA/Repositioning cruises for the Oct - Dec 2021 time frame.  The posted cruises available for booking just dropped to 5!!  Hopefully they are about to drop a bunch more as well as change the itinerary for the Jewel "Azores" TA that didn't go to the Azores (but I would prefer it to go there!)

From what I have been watching...it's been just the southern (mostly Barcelona) TAs for Fall of 2021.  

With you ....and hoping the northern Atlantic, (Greenland/Iceland) TA will come out for booking soon.  

5 minutes ago, MADflyer said:

I guess it should be noted that Voyager of the Seas is currently scheduled for sailings from Sydney again from October of 2021 through April of 2022. 

Serenade is not booked back at Sydney yet for the 2021-22 season. 

Hmmm...good thing I grabbed Serenade for Spring 2021 from Sydney.  Love the Serenade.  She is doing Alaska round trip out of Vancouver for summer 2021.  

6 hours ago, Saab4444 said:

Like on most ships the biggest change is more cabins and people and less public space!

True...Though as Built she had more Public square ft per passenger then any other Cruise ship, Was Cruise Ship's selling point 20-30yrs ago. 80's ships had 20-30sq ft, 90's 30-35, think Voyagers in 1999 was 44sq ft. She was something see then. Was on Voyager cruise number 004... Not that I want sacrifice any public space, ever, but Royal's been adding cabins to existing ships for over 15yrs, so no surprise.

Edited by ONECRUISER

2 hours ago, FlowBroTy said:

And This Email That Some Posted On Another Cruise Line Fan Webpage Also Drive Home The Fact That It Is Probably Returning Back To California.

Good morning 

Many thanks for your email to Michael Bayley regarding Voyager of the Seas ‘amplification’. Please know that whilst I look after our commercial activities outside of North America and China, I am an Aussie, living with my family in Sydney, and I have been responsible for the Australian business for more than 10 years. On that basis, I confirm that there is no lack of respect for our local cruise guests - in fact our local market is highly regarded and very much respected within our corporation.

I would like to share some of my thoughts with you to answer your questions and concerns. As you know, Voyager of the Seas is a much loved member of the Royal Caribbean International fleet, and she has enjoyed amazing popularity in Australia. We redeployed Voyager away from Australia in 2018 to satisfy demand we were experiencing in Asia, and at that time we revised the ‘amplification’ scope to consider the needs of our Asia guests where the ship was expected to remain for some years. The impact on the Australian business of removing the ship was significant, and demand from our guests exceeded the berths available on the remaining ships. For this reason, we decided to bring Voyager back to Australia for the coming summer. Unfortunately, we were not able to re-schedule the full ‘Aussie amplification’ as the scope of work had already been agreed, and the time out of service had been published. I think you will find Voyager of the Seas looking amazing when she returns to Sydney, and we are already in planning for further ‘amplification work during her next scheduled out of service period in 2022.

Please be assured that we will do everything we can to make every guest experience onboard Voyager of the Seas memorable, on every cruise, every year. I do hope you are able to continue to support Royal Caribbean in Australia and I hope we see you onboard again soon.

Kind regards

Gavin

Gavin Smith

SVP International

Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.

Also On The Singapore Cruise Society FB Page Someone Posted A Letter That Was Explaining That Their April 21st 2021 Cruise On Voyager Has Been Cancelled Because Royal Want To Start The Second Part Of The Amplification Earlier Than It Was Previously Scheduled. 

As an Australian who got debarked from voyager, I read this response as just placating the reader.  Many people who were on my cruise and the ones before and after as well were livid.  Even before the cruise I was sceptical of the amplification. We didn't geetine new restaurant and lost Johnny rockets.  The  new diamond lounge infuriated most and reportedly royal added new balcony rooms but sold them as Jr suites.  

I feel and many other aussies feel that we get a much lower standard here.  So that is why I did not read anything about california into that email response.  I still do not but Im not as well informed as many others. 

I think the previous TPs were seattle to Sydney  (23 nights) and vancouver to honolulu (10 nights) and honolulu to Sydney (19 nights). 

10 minutes ago, FlowBroTy said:

Could It Be That Actually Be A Filler For Serenade?

They can move any ship at a moments notice and have done it quite frequently recently. They usually book and confirm with the actual vessel though at Sydney as they do have several bookings there in 2022-23 with simply "unnamed ship"  in the booking for Royal Caribbean. 

8 minutes ago, FLACRUISER99 said:

I Picked Cape Town

I would pick San Diego as I have had too many bad experiences with disembarkation at Long Beach over the years. They may be better on 'closed loop' sailings or improved their operations in recent years. Otherwise, I rate Los Angeles as the worst port I have disembarked anywhere in the world. I have no idea though is San Diego would be better. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MADflyer said:

I would pick San Diego as I have had too many bad experiences with disembarkation at Long Beach over the years. They may be better on 'closed loop' sailings or improved their operations in recent years. Otherwise, I rate Los Angeles as the worst port I have disembarked anywhere in the world. I have no idea though is San Diego would be better. 

Long Beach is Carnival only, Royal would go from San Pedro.

3 minutes ago, Saab4444 said:

Long Beach is Carnival only, Royal would go from San Pedro.

I guess San Pedro is where I have had all my troubles before then, that's right. That one had a Norwegian shopping village out in front, or?