Diamond Club/3 free nightly drinks

I’m a little bit confused about the Diamond Club benefit. I will be sailing on Allure of the Seas. I understand that ship has a Diamond Club lounge. Does that mean I must have my 3 free nightly drinks IN the club?  Or can I still opt to have them at bars throughout the ship?  Thanks. 

I’m a little bit confused about the Diamond Club benefit.

I will be sailing on Allure of the Seas next year. I understand that ship has a Diamond Club lounge.

Does that mean I must have my 3 free nightly drinks IN the club?  Or can I still opt to have them at bars throughout the ship?  Thanks. 

You can have unlimited drinks in the lounge during the nightly free drink period.  IN ADDITION, you have 3 drink vouchers to use at any bar on the ship, but only during the same free drink period.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, defreeze said:

I’m a little bit confused about the Diamond Club benefit.

I will be sailing on Allure of the Seas next year. I understand that ship has a Diamond Club lounge.

Does that mean I must have my 3 free nightly drinks IN the club?  Or can I still opt to have them at bars throughout the ship?  Thanks. 

Unlimited drinks in the lounge.  3 free at pretty near any bar or restaurant.  All during the nightly happy hour (4:30 - 8:00 or 5:00 - 8:30)

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Thanks. The reason for my confusion is this statement from the RCCL website:

“On ships where a Diamond Club is available there will be no Exclusive Nightly Diamond Event or complimentary Specialty coffees available in the dining room”

In a previous section, it defines the Nightly Diamond Event as the free 3 drink voucher benefit. 

So this suggests that it is one or the other, but not both. 

So does RCCL not enforce this restriction?

31 minutes ago, defreeze said:

Thanks. The reason for my confusion is this statement from the RCCL website:

“On ships where a Diamond Club is available there will be no Exclusive Nightly Diamond Event or complimentary Specialty coffees available in the dining room”

In a previous section, it defines the Nightly Diamond Event as the free 3 drink voucher benefit. 

So this suggests that it is one or the other, but not both. 

So does RCCL not enforce this restriction?

That section of the website is at least five years out of date.

Let's have another round of cheers for the spectacular RC IT department!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

That section of the website is at least five years out of date.

Let's have another round of cheers for the spectacular RC IT department!

Sheesh!!!  Lol. Thanks for the info!!!

31 minutes ago, robandana said:

Wow, remember the night Diamond Events....that brings back some memories....

I remember the Diamond Event was bought in after the outrage that Ds were excluded from the DL (March 2009... I specifically remember that date as the day I turned D was the day they made the announcement....!!!)

Our first D Event was on Navigator later that year. There were about 10 of us sitting in the little card room by VCL and a waiter with a tray of drinks(bubbles, wine and beer).  We then started to compete as to who could bring up tempting plates of food to give them the hint... cheese plates from room service ( it was free then), Sushi from the WJ......

40 minutes ago, little britain said:

I remember the Diamond Event was bought in after the outrage that Ds were excluded from the DL (March 2009... I specifically remember that date as the day I turned D was the day they made the announcement....!!!)

Our first D Event was on Navigator later that year. There were about 10 of us sitting in the little card room by VCL and a waiter with a tray of drinks(bubbles, wine and beer).  We then started to compete as to who could bring up tempting plates of food to give them the hint... cheese plates from room service ( it was free then), Sushi from the WJ......

Remember my first DE event on the Serenade, however beer was available at a discount.  Only wine, soda, etc. and a bowl of pretzels/nuts for snacks.

1 minute ago, defreeze said:

Oh no!!  I’m sailing after the refurb. Are they getting rid of the 2-story Diamond Lounge??

The DL will most likely be moved to deck 4, no windows.

21 hours ago, little britain said:

Yes i remember those days .

Diamonds only got wine or beer in a separate room no snacks.

one of our group was D+ and she used to go across to the D+ lounge and bring back plates of snacks.😊

11 hours ago, Lindypops said:

Yes i remember those days .

Diamonds only got wine or beer in a separate room no snacks.

one of our group was D+ and she used to go across to the D+ lounge and bring back plates of snacks.😊

Many of you go way back before my RCL time.  My first Diamond cruise was on Allure in 2011 and I do not recall the drink limits you are recalling.  2012 and 2013 we sailed Jewel from Tampa but were in a GS thus mainly used Concierge Lounge which was directly across from out cabin and also in VCL so we visited both.  I also remember events in Safari Club with the officers at that time.  Have they done away with those?

1 hour ago, Snit13 said:

Many of you go way back before my RCL time.  My first Diamond cruise was on Allure in 2011 and I do not recall the drink limits you are recalling.  2012 and 2013 we sailed Jewel from Tampa but were in a GS thus mainly used Concierge Lounge which was directly across from out cabin and also in VCL so we visited both.  I also remember events in Safari Club with the officers at that time.  Have they done away with those?

They have not done away with anything.

On the Oasis and Allure, the old Concierge Lounge became the Diamond Lounge when the Viking Crown Lounge was turned into the Suite Lounge and Coastal Kitchen.  That's a two level, large, window-laden venue.

At drydock this year and next, the Diamond Lounge will be moved to Deck 4, where it is on Harmony and Symphony.

Radiance class is as you know it.

But when there were ONLY Concierge Lounges, they were open to Diamond and up.  Then Diamonds were kicked out.  One by one, RC started adding a Diamond Lounge to the ships.  In other words, Diamond Lounges are a relatively new thing for RC.

Sounds like D is over rated.

I'm about to make D and was excited. However, my wife and I have always sailed in GS or above and enjoyed the Concierge Lounge experience. I thought that the Diamond lounge was a step up. Sounds like that's not the deal.

1 hour ago, Merion_Mom said:

They have not done away with anything.

On the Oasis and Allure, the old Concierge Lounge became the Diamond Lounge when the Viking Crown Lounge was turned into the Suite Lounge and Coastal Kitchen.  That's a two level, large, window-laden venue.

At drydock this year and next, the Diamond Lounge will be moved to Deck 4, where it is on Harmony and Symphony.

Radiance class is as you know it.

But when there were ONLY Concierge Lounges, they were open to Diamond and up.  Then Diamonds were kicked out.  One by one, RC started adding a Diamond Lounge to the ships.  In other words, Diamond Lounges are a relatively new thing for RC.

When I was last on a Oasis, the DL was on deck 6 with an outside space (but not outdoor) and seating, complete with parasols, overlooking the RP!!  That was a great space!   I’ll have a drink or 2 in the double decker CL on her penultimate sailing before her DD.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, klfrodo said:

Sounds like D is over rated.

I'm about to make D and was excited. However, my wife and I have always sailed in GS or above and enjoyed the Concierge Lounge experience. I thought that the Diamond lounge was a step up. Sounds like that's not the deal.

About the only things that come to mind that you get with D and do not get with a GS are the balcony discount and the 3 drinks at any bar in the evening.

2 hours ago, little britain said:

When I was last on a Oasis, the DL was on deck 6 with an outside space (but not outdoor) and seating, complete with parasols, overlooking the RP!!  That was a great space!   I’ll have a drink or 2 in the double decker CL on her penultimate sailing before her DD.

I loved that lounge on deck 6