Wifi upgrade now available online

adam_s_allen

Look here -  nothing to see, zero incentive to prepaid now with no discount AND you cannot apply any (non-refundable) OBC which "some" of us do have access to, once onboard.  Our friends will pass on the offer ... 

2 minutes ago, podgeandrodge said:

i see it on my booking sailing November.  Offer applies only to those who selected the wifi option as part of the 2 "free" at sea items. About a 30% discount off normal price.  Not bad in fairness.

There is no discount. Whether you do it in advance or on the ship, they are giving you full value for the 250 minute. (You have to trade in the package you already have). 

3 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

There is no discount. Whether you do it in advance or on the ship, they are giving you full value for the 250 minute. (You have to trade in the package you already have). 

Fair point.  I guess I mean I'm glad that they allow you to trade it in, as opposed to not being able to and having to pay the full price if you want the full package.

• Like 1

Has anyone upgraded the WiFi from the 250 min package to the unlimited WiFi on board since the change Aug 1? If so was it the same price as the upgrade on the website?

I was doing the math on the cost, the different between the package and upgrade is only $85. From other topics I thought on board they gave a credit of 105/125 for the 250 min package. 

46 minutes ago, Randy NOSNOW said:

Has anyone upgraded the WiFi from the 250 min package to the unlimited WiFi on board since the change Aug 1? If so was it the same price as the upgrade on the website?

I was doing the math on the cost, the different between the package and upgrade is only $85. From other topics I thought on board they gave a credit of 105/125 for the 250 min package. 

We received $125 credit on two prior cruises so not happy to see lower credit for the 250 min promo. 🤬

I tried to take advantage of this offer for my cruise in Jan 2020, and the customer service reps claim that it only applies to new bookings. I booked this cruise 20 months ago, and prefer to prepay rather than get hit with a big bill at the end of the cruise.

I tried to take advantage of this offer for my cruise in Jan 2020, and the customer service reps claim that it only applies to new bookings. I booked this cruise 20 months ago, and prefer to prepay rather than get hit with a big bill at the end of the cruise.

We had the cruse booked for 6 month and the option showed up Aug 1.

Edited by Randy NOSNOW

Just now, Randy NOSNOW said:

On the web site under the internet and drink pages they now have upgrade options.

And we have 2 - 250 minute internet offers under my name and not sure how to handle that with this upgrade internet offer.  Any ideas?

27 minutes ago, Randy NOSNOW said:

On the web site under the internet and drink pages they now have upgrade options.

Thanks for that alert.  

Wow, I just checked the "upgrade" offer on our 20-night Gem Panama Canal cruise in Jan. 2020.  We have the 250 minute WIFI promo; if you were to buy 250 minutes now on line for our cruise, it would cost $105.   The unlimited WIFI package costs $420 right now on line.  Yet NCL's upgrade "offer" to me is to go unlimited for $374.80, which would give me a whopping $46 credit for my 250 minute WIFI promo.  Yikes.

2 hours ago, Randy NOSNOW said:

I'm curious about this too as I also did the math yesterday and it doesn't seem right, at least from past experience.  When we have previously upgraded on board, as you mention, we have gotten $125 credit.  Hm.

3 minutes ago, adam_s_allen said:

Purchasing the packages on-board cost more than prepaying them online. So they give a bigger discount. I think it works out to the same cost either way.

I did not see an extra discount for the upgrade.  Is there one?  I know there is if you buy a package online before boarding.

Posted this earlier on a different thread, this online upgrade price of $84.93 or $119.93 for the unlimited premium/VPN streaming plan costs for 7 nights is exactly the same as doing it onboard, if and assuming the iCafe system will continue to credit those with 250 minutes plan its full "retail" value of $125 to trade-up (as it is $29.99 or $34.99 per day multipled by X number of days)  ... there is no discount or advantage to prepaid, especially for those with any OBC to be applied (those can be applied and done onboard only.)  As always, YMMV and prices are subject to change, yada yada 🤞

These offers showed up around the 120 days mark ... this sailing is at 104 days now.  Deal or No Deal ... it's your money, feel free to do whatever & whenever.  

NCL Bliss - Nov 2019 FAS Upgrade email - 01Aug.jpg

Edited by mking8288
  • Like 1

hey all we bought the upgrade for the unlimited with streaming. but they didn't take off the free 250 min perk or our 2 30 min plat perks. not sure if it bugged out or what but its been left like that for a week

Edited by rauko

When I booked the upgrade it didn't  process properly.  Not only did the 250 minutes go away (which was expected), I also lost my ship to shore phone call perk and $100 of onboard credit.  I worked with 2 different people to try to get it corrected.  Ultimately we decided to have the amount refunded, and to do the upgrade on the ship.  For those who take advantage, make sure that ALL of your perks remain. 

35 minutes ago, ryanpatricksmom said:

When I booked the upgrade it didn't  process properly.  Not only did the 250 minutes go away (which was expected), I also lost my ship to shore phone call perk and $100 of onboard credit.  I worked with 2 different people to try to get it corrected.  Ultimately we decided to have the amount refunded, and to do the upgrade on the ship.  For those who take advantage, make sure that ALL of your perks remain. 

Think you convinced me to wait until I get onboard to upgrade to unlimited.  It’s not like it will sell out.

I upgraded on line yesterday, paid for it, and there was a quirk in their program.  It arbitrarily put an additional $124.50 as some kind of gratuity with that amount owed as a final payment on my bill.  We're paid in full and it's past the final payment date anyway so I didn't want my booking to be in jeopardy.  So I had to call, stay on hold 45 minutes and have them fix it.  They did.  I have to say, NCL is a lot better at cruising than they are with customer service...  But anyway, now we have unlimited internet and a settled bill.  FYI