Delayed cruise

My mom is currently sitting on the Liberty of the Sea in Galveston waiting to leave,  11:00pm.  Ship was scheduled to leave at 4:00pm.  They are being told it's due to maintenance.  My question is does anyone know or have an idea of they are going to lose a port of call leaving this late.  They are thinking it's going to be 1:00am before they leave.  Thanks for your thoughts.

It depends.  If the ship can make the next port on time, it will.  They could also delay arrival and cut the port time short, or they could adjust the itinerary, depending on the route.  Whatever changes are made will be communicated to all passengers, usually be written notice left in the cabins/mailboxes.  The crew will also know what's going on.  I've gotten many updates from waiters at breakfast and dinner.  The cruise line will do whatever they can to hold to the original itinerary, but ultimately, it's up to the captain.

so we leave on the Liberty next trip out (Sunday)..any way to find out about the "maintenance" issue?..I was watching the cruise cam and saw it was still there way past the 4pm scheduled departure.

We have been delayed a couple of times but not that late last time it was about 7pm,  I think you will be ok for port, bad news is you are very limited on what drinks you can order , cannot get a decent wine or scotch till next day .

38 minutes ago, George C said:

We have been delayed a couple of times but not that late last time it was about 7pm,  I think you will be ok for port, bad news is you are very limited on what drinks you can order , cannot get a decent wine or scotch till next day .

That's because it's Galveston, correct?  Otherwise, never heard of that issue and we have been delayed before.

11 minutes ago, BND said:

That's because it's Galveston, correct?  Otherwise, never heard of that issue and we have been delayed before.

Yes this is for Galveston only , one of the reasons I prefer leaving from other ports

16 minutes ago, BND said:

4 minutes ago, George C said:

Yes this is for Galveston only , one of the reasons I prefer leaving from other ports

Galveston only or Texas only?

I know that currently RC is only cruising out of Galveston, but there are other ports.  Are these included in these rules?

Ships porting in Galveston (Texas) can only serve alcohol that Texas taxes have been paid on until intl waters. 

The current Liberty itinerary is Roatan first stop which is two sea days so there should not be any problems arriving on time. 

13 hours ago, RealityCheck said:

My question is does anyone know or have an idea of they are going to lose a port of call leaving this late.  They are thinking it's going to be 1:00am before they leave.  Thanks for your thoughts.

Should be fine leaving at 1am with no loss of ports.  Several years back we were stuck in Galveston fog until Tuesday noon (scheduled Sunday departure) and we only missed one port.  

11 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Maybe ask someone on board rather than people on the internet?

Just a suggestion. 

Come on, you've been around long enough to know that people on Cruise Critic know everything right away. And they know more. 😂

If I had a dollar for every post where someone wrote they could be a better captain, better cruise director, run the company better, etc....I'd be a very wealthy person.

2 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Come on, you've been around long enough to know that people on Cruise Critic know everything right away. And they know more. 😂

If I had a dollar for every post where someone wrote they could be a better captain, better cruise director, run the company better, etc....I'd be a very wealthy person.

I could definitely be a better editor of the Cruise Compass!  😮

• Haha 1