Water on Insignia

Go-Bucks!

In another thread where the question of the ships' drinking water was discussed, I suggested that passengers might not want to drink the water from the faucets since it stains the washcloths an orange color. It doesn't happen everyday, but at least a few days each week. And it has happened in the 3 different cabins I've been in on the same journey.

So...today it happened again and I took a picture.

20190805_191106.jpg

14 minutes ago, RJB said:

Do we need to bring our own water on the ship?  We will not drink that crap.  Do we also have to bring our own straws?  

Well, "maybe" and "maybe."

This picture is why I advised clo not to drink the tap water...or, in my opinion, the Vero water. It's my understanding that the Vero water is just the tap water that's been "filtered", but I'm not comfortable with that. I only drink the sealed 16 oz. bottles of water. But obviously they're cooking with the tap water! Yuck.

If you want a plastic straw then you'll need to bring your own...they only have those sorry-excuse-for-a-straw paper ones that collapse into mush before you're even done with your drink.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

As far as I’m concerned as a retired Dr. this mater must be brought to corporate!!!

Im upset with this!

Denise😊

Denise, you're so correct.  If you don't report it then IMneverHO you're part of the problem.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Go-Bucks! said:

In another thread where the question of the ships' drinking water was discussed, I suggested that passengers might not want to drink the water from the faucets since it stains the washcloths an orange color. It doesn't happen everyday, but at least a few days each week. And it has happened in the 3 different cabins I've been in on the same journey.

So...today it happened again and I took a picture.

20190805_191106.jpg

FWIW, that sure looks like the kind of rust one might see after a plumber has been at work. Perhaps some longer term equipment repair/replacement is underway?

Whatever the case, I expect the Chief is aware and dealing with it. The last thing he would want is a collection of similar complaints preceding the next US inspection.

Thanks Lisa 

I have not seen that on the other ships ..YET 

so maybe something to do with the pipes to the cabins

On other ships  the water looks murky out of the bathroom tap so that is why I do not drink it 😉

safe trip home

10 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Thanks Lisa 

I have not seen that on the other ships ..YET 

so maybe something to do with the pipes to the cabins

On other ships  the water looks murky out of the bathroom tap so that is why I do not drink it 😉

safe trip home

Even at home we do not drink straight tap water.  It is doubled filtered.  One on the pipes coming into the house and a separate filter for the frig.   It is the most important thing that we drink.  (except maybe my Vodka)  so why take a chance?

46 minutes ago, ricka47 said:

Yuck - even if you don't drink it, you still have to shower in it.  We'll be on the Insignia in October and hope that they address this.  Is their answer still that they, "don't know?"

46 minutes ago, ricka47 said:

Yuck - even if you don't drink it, you still have to shower in it.  We'll be on the Insignia in October and hope that they address this.  Is their answer still that they, "don't know?"

They better know pretty fast.  Also this must affect their other 5 ships also. Don't know how they can expect us to drink this kind of stuff.  Hope to find out soon as we will be on in November. 

When I lived on L I they used to flush out the fire hydrants [Johnny Pumps] yearly and that would make the household water rusty for a while. They assured us that it was safe to drink but not to do laundry with it until it cleared up. I'll be on the Insignia in September, so we'll see. 

2 hours ago, Jim and Monika said:

Sailing on Sunday, should we be bringing our own bottled water?

Be pretty sad if we have to bring our own bottled water.  Might even have to re think if we should be sailing on Oceania.  

2 hours ago, JeffElizabeth said:

We had that on the Prinsendam but they warned us they were making repairs to the water system and don't drink the tap water for a few days. Disappointed to read about the lack of plastic straws. Guess my wife will have to bring her own. 

With what we are paying for a cruise on Oceania they should give us a discount if we need to bring our own straws.  Mr. FDR should be ashamed of himself. 

2 hours ago, RJB said:

With what we are paying for a cruise on Oceania they should give us a discount if we need to bring our own straws.  Mr. FDR should be ashamed of himself. 

they have straws  just not plastic ones

We have been down this road before

many places are doing away with plastic straws among other things

I had that issue in my cabin (428), at the beginning of my ATW cruise...

The plumber came and opened the cabinet outside my cabin, and discovered that the filters were clogged with “rust?”...

He changed the filters, and the water cleared up for a couple of days.

Then the discolored water returned.

He came back and said that for some reason, they attached my cabins inlet line down to Deck Three’s supply during the drydocking.  He would need several hours to change my supply line to the decks above me.  I have no idea what difference that should or would make, but.... it worked somehow, and  my water was clear for the rest of the six month long cruise.

22 minutes ago, jjeffjb said:

Just read an interesting article on one of the financial web sites about Mc Donalds in the UK going to paper straws from plastic.  Problem is the paper one's are too thick and can't be re cycled but the plastic straws that they used in the past they were able to.  I am sure the elimination of the water bottles will be a problem in the future also.  Lets see what happens over time.  

7 hours ago, bob brown said:

I had that issue in my cabin (428), at the beginning of my ATW cruise...

The plumber came and opened the cabinet outside my cabin, and discovered that the filters were clogged with “rust?”...

He changed the filters, and the water cleared up for a couple of days.

Then the discolored water returned.

He came back and said that for some reason, they attached my cabins inlet line down to Deck Three’s supply during the drydocking.  He would need several hours to change my supply line to the decks above me.  I have no idea what difference that should or would make, but.... it worked somehow, and  my water was clear for the rest of the six month long cruise.

I've had this issue in 3 different cabins (decks 8, 4, and 3) for 7 months. No one seems to have any idea (or they're not saying) what the cause is. But I'm leaving tomorrow so cannot pursue it any further.