Website frustration

I'm not a fan of the new website. I booked a cruise through a TA, which I don't normally do. Final payment has been made but I can't find in my account payment information on the cruise. Is there a way to see that information so see what was paid when? Is it just because I booked through a TA and only they get the itemized invoice?

3 minutes ago, linerode said:

I'm not a fan of the new website. I booked a cruise through a TA, which I don't normally do. Final payment has been made but I can't find in my account payment information on the cruise. Is there a way to see that information so see what was paid when? Is it just because I booked through a TA and only they get the itemized invoice?

Your trael agent must give you the account info, that does not show on Royal's website when your booking is held by a travel agent.

• Like 1

When i book thru my ta i get a "receipt"  states my deposit cost of cruise,taxes, if i pre paid gratuities, obc etc. When final payment is made. I get another receipt showing paid in full. (Actually get a receipt for every payment/adjustment)

If you did not get this, I'd say you chose a poor ta. 

50 minutes ago, linerode said:

I booked a cruise through a TA, which I don't normally do.

Just curious why you did it this way when you normally wouldn't.....not trying to snark it, just wondering if it was a free excursion, discount, extra OBC, etc.

My TA sends me a "Booking Confirmation - Guest Copy" that comes direct from Royal after any deposit or payment or change in the booking.  

You should also make sure that your credit card charges are going to Royal directly, and NOT your travel agency's name.  

• Like 1

The TA I use sends me an email almost immediately with an Invoice number from the TA and it also includes the confirmation number from RC. Every time I make a payment I get an updated email. As mentioned above the charges on my credit card show up in a day or so from RC themselves. Ask your TA to email you an updated invoice. If they won’t something isn’t right. 

I booked through a TA last time and won't do that again.  Anytime I would call RCCL, they would tell me to call my TA.  They could not answer any questions and if I wanted to make any changes, I had to go thru my TA.  I know it's all your personal preference but I won't do it again.  I don't like having to go thru my TA if I want to ask Royal a question.

On 8/9/2019 at 8:44 AM, johnjen said:

Just curious why you did it this way when you normally wouldn't.....not trying to snark it, just wondering if it was a free excursion, discount, extra OBC, etc.

I booked through a TA this time because I 'won' this cruise at work. They gave me a gift certificate good at a travel agency and the amount was almost enough for the entire cruise. I just paid the last few hundred dollars. This will be our 28th cruise and I've always booked them myself. Control freak I guess. 

• Thanks 1

I agree that the Travel Agent should send you the Guest Copy as soon as you place your deposit and after every payment including Final Payment. As soon as you get your booking# add the reservation to your online Royal Caribbean account to check that the stateroom assignment is the same as on the confirmation and that OBC is added.