First cruise night Pinnacle restaurant discount

f1jon

Hi All,

Every HAL cruise we've been on there has been a discounted dinner in the Pinnacle restaurant. Will our Mariner (25%) discount be honored on top of the usual discounted price?

Thanks,

Jon

50 minutes ago, f1jon said:

Hi All,

Every HAL cruise we've been on there has been a discounted dinner in the Pinnacle restaurant. Will our Mariner (25%) discount be honored on top of the usual discounted price?

Thanks,

Jon

Hi Jon,

Don’t think so.  It’s like the mariner discount doesn’t apply to the discounted dining  packages.  Would be great if it did. We always like to going to the Pinnacle one night each cruise too.

Mary

They did discounted Pinnacle dinners the first night when Pinnacle was first introduced,  for a couple of years. Then it went away. This was 15 or 20 years ago.

Sailed Amsterdam in Alaska in June. Discovered the first night was half off too late to go. Oh well.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, I like vacation said:

The last two cruises we did offered a 15% or 25% discount in the Canaletto on the first night.  Could you get the extra Mariner discount on top of that?

No.  Discounted specialty dining doesn’t get the Mariner discount applied.

10 hours ago, I like vacation said:

The last two cruises we did offered a 15% or 25% discount in the Canaletto on the first night.  Could you get the extra Mariner discount on top of that?

I'll take my 50% 4* discount over the first-night discount any day of the week.  Of course, I realize not every passenger has accumulated the cruise days for 3 or 4*.  In that case, those discounts would be appealing.

Discount on top of discount?  No.  At least not on any dam ship we've sailed.

16 hours ago, *Miss G* said:

I guess I’m on the wrong cruises because I have never been on one with a discounted dinner.

When we went on Eurodam last year, as I'd heard about first night (and other) discounts at the specialties, I asked customer service, was told no first-night discounts, but during embarkation, there were tables about various specialty restaurants and for-fee amenities (spa, fitness classes, etc.) and we got a discount reservation for first night at Tamarind. We were later offered another discount at Tamarind so went again later in the week as we enjoyed it so much. 

• Like 1

It really sounds like they don't publicize this very well. I have taken advantage of it on some cruises, but usually first night I want to meet the people at our table in the MDR. I can see why they offer it, because people aren't thinking about dinner the first night on the boat. Sail away drinks, unpacking, late lunch sometimes.

Our Explore4 PG dinner was assigned for us to be on the first night. As we had open seating, that was fine, but if we'd had fixed, I don't think I would have liked missing meeting our dining stewards, etc. as well as having a chance to tell them that we would be missing a night but would be back.

On 8/9/2019 at 7:42 PM, f1jon said:

Hi All,

Thanks,

Jon

no

If all the five  an d  four  star Mariners   wolfed down their  steaks, Pinnacle would have to pay all of us for coming.     You may not agree but it seems a bit greedy to me   for any of us  to expect a discoun t  on top of a   discount.  And ( I wonder ho many would tip their servers  lefore  leavingthe restaurant..

JMO

In all our cruises we never  went the first night  for    discounted dinner..  Heck, I just sailed  Zaandam two cruises and never went for my free dinner on either of the cruises..   Though I was a  g uest  of delightful dinner ompanions one night and totally enjoy the evening.

JMO.  and  know some  here  do not agree about my 'greedy'  comment.