$50 per port excursion credit

PTC DAWG

25 minutes ago, zqvol said:

This is not really true. If you take an NCL shore excursion you receive the credit. Once you have the credit you can use it for anything, but if you don't take an NCL excursion you don't get it.

That's really semantics though isn't it? We both agree the point is if you don't take the NCL excursion you don't get the credit and thus cannot apply it to anything else. To us, it was worth it to mostly forfeit this perk (well, we are only doing one excursion thru NCL) because we would rather have smaller tour groups and pay less than what NCL charges for our shore excursions. 

If you have a hold time when calling to book the shorex, the announcement specifically states you can book online and the credit will automatically go to your onboard account. At least this was the case last month.

What is *not* automatic is your Latitudes discount if you call to book, and you're charged onboard. You'll be fully charged and they actually make you ask for your discount. Seriously. It's in the Latitudes perks T&Cs which I finally figured out after having to ask for the discount 3x.

Edited by AlexandNessa

2 hours ago, casofilia said:

You can ONLy use the $50 per port excursion credit on excursions, not meals.

NOT TRUE.  If you have prepaid for your shorex the $50 is credited to your folio overnight after you have done the shorex.  Like any "Non-refundable" OBC it can be used for anything you want to spend it on, that is almost anything except the DSC

100% FALSE.  She does not have $50 OBC she has $50 SHORE EXCURSION CREDIT.  It can only be applied to shore excursions up to $50 per port.  If she does not spend $50 at any given port ON SHORE EXCURSIONS, it is lost.  Prepaying has no impact on this fact.

1 minute ago, Journey11 said:

Silver, Gold and Platinum get a 10% discount.

The person to who I was replying said "And don't forget in addition there is a 10%+ off for past guests." My correction of that statement stating there was no discount for bronze, 15% for platinum plus and 20% for ambassador means that I know darn well that the other levels get 10%.

41 minutes ago, AlexandNessa said:

What is *not* automatic is your Latitudes discount if you call to book, and you're charged onboard. You'll be fully charged and they actually make you ask for your discount. Seriously. It's in the Latitudes perks T&Cs which I finally figured out after having to ask for the discount 3x.

i got lucky on my previous cruise. where i paid full price for the excursions then a few days later i received a random onboard credit. that random credit was the latitudes discount. it can be automatic if you wait a few days or i got a lucky

@Birdie And Sue

I agree with @zqvol in that you get the shore excursion credit after you have done the shore excursion; it is "automatically" credited to your folio.  But if there are no shore excursion expenses on your folio (as there aren't if you have prepaid for your shore excursions), while the refund is called "Shore Excursions", it can then be used to offset ANY charges in your folio.

59 minutes ago, Birdie And Sue said:

100% FALSE.  She does not have $50 OBC she has $50 SHORE EXCURSION CREDIT.  It can only be applied to shore excursions up to $50 per port.  If she does not spend $50 at any given port ON SHORE EXCURSIONS, it is lost.  Prepaying has no impact on this fact.

from the T&C on NCL site:

$50 Per Port Shore Excursion Credit
$50 per port shore excursion credit is per stateroom.
Credit has no monetary value and is nonrefundable.
In the event a port of call or excursion is missed, for any reason, no refund or credit will be issued. 
Shore excursion credit is applicable for each port, including debarkation port, and is not transferable to other ports. Use the credit or lose it.
Does not include embarkation ports. Overnight stays count as one port, except Bermuda sailings which can receive up to 3 individual days of shore excursion credit. 
Shore excursion credit can be redeemed by calling 1-866-625-1167 or booking onboard. 
For the guests that book their excursions online; they are charged full retail for the excursions and the discount will be applied onboard in the form of a credit to their onboard account. 

So, yes, prepaying does change things.  You get the credit as OBC after each port/excursion.  Here is a link to full terms:

https://www.ncl.com/termsandconditions/promotions

@dbrown84

Thank you for finding the actual words:-

For the guests that book their excursions online; they are charged full retail for the excursions and the discount will be applied onboard in the form of a credit to their onboard account. 

However if you have prepaid for the shore excursions you will have to spend what you get while onboard.

1 hour ago, njhorseman said:

The person to who I was replying said "And don't forget in addition there is a 10%+ off for past guests." My correction of that statement stating there was no discount for bronze, 15% for platinum plus and 20% for ambassador means that I know darn well that the other levels get 10%.

njhorseman, my inexperience as a poster is showing. I did not know that my quoting you and adding a statement is construed as a correction to your post. That was not my intent. I quoted you because my statement related to the topic of excursion discounts. I wanted to list exactly which Latitudes tiers received the 10% excursion discount for readers who might not know. 

I am sorry for any confusion I may have caused.

2 hours ago, dbrown84 said:

In the event a port of call or excursion is missed, for any reason, no refund or credit will be issued. 
Shore excursion credit is applicable for each port, including debarkation port, and is not transferable to other ports. Use the credit or lose it.
Does not include embarkation ports. Overnight stays count as one port, except Bermuda sailings which can receive up to 3 individual days of shore excursion credit. 
Shore excursion credit can be redeemed by calling 1-866-625-1167 or booking onboard. 

So, yes, prepaying does change things.  You get the credit as OBC after each port/excursion.  Here is a link to full terms:

Yes the credit is applied but it is limited to the the amount you paid for the excursions.  Note the very first line of your post where it explicitly states SHORE EXCURSION CREDIT.

Edited by Birdie And Sue

2 hours ago, casofilia said:

@Birdie And Sue

I agree with @zqvol in that you get the shore excursion credit after you have done the shore excursion; it is "automatically" credited to your folio.  But if there are no shore excursion expenses on your folio (as there aren't if you have prepaid for your shore excursions), while the refund is called "Shore Excursions", it can then be used to offset ANY charges in your folio.

The credit is only posted if you have shore excursions to apply it to.

3 hours ago, dbrown84 said:

You also failed to read this highlighted part of the quote...

Edited by Birdie And Sue

4 hours ago, Birdie And Sue said:

The credit is only posted if you have shore excursions to apply it to.

Nope....  as numerous people have already posted.... the excursion credit is applied at the completion of an excursion.  This will include those excursions you PRE PAY on line thus not having a shore excursion on your stateroom portfolio.  The promo will appear as a $50 credit on your stateroom portfolio which can be used for anything other than DSC and if you have a Latitude discount that will be a second line item credit (that one you typically have to visit Shore Excursion Desk because of pre paying). 

Another NCL promo that isn't worth much.  NCL overprices its excursions, so we take about 95% private tours that are almost always half of the NCL prices.

NCL just bumped up its specialty restaurant prices, but that probably is the one promo that is still ok.

Hate the overrated drink package with ridiculous 20% gratuity.  It doesn't even include a good cabernet.

6 hours ago, Journey11 said:

njhorseman, my inexperience as a poster is showing. I did not know that my quoting you and adding a statement is construed as a correction to your post. That was not my intent. I quoted you because my statement related to the topic of excursion discounts. I wanted to list exactly which Latitudes tiers received the 10% excursion discount for readers who might not know. 

I am sorry for any confusion I may have caused.

No problem. I appreciate your response.

4 hours ago, Birdie And Sue said:

You also failed to read this highlighted part of the quote...

I didn't fail to read anything.  No one ever said anything contrary to the highlighted part.  As a matter of fact, the post is about pre-paying for your excursions, so that would obviously mean you're using it.  Maybe you failed to read the post

5 hours ago, Birdie And Sue said:

Yes the credit is applied but it is limited to the the amount you paid for the excursions.  Note the very first line of your post where it explicitly states SHORE EXCURSION CREDIT.

I'm not sure what you're arguing here.  We're saying the same thing.  You get credit of what you paid (up to $50) credited to your account after the completion of the excursion.  Has anyone said anything different from what you're saying???

Booked 2 excursions on line. Paid full price.....

3 weeks later my PCC added the " excursion perk " to my already existing perks.

Called NCL. 2 $50.00 credits will be seen once excursion is taken.

Call NCL again & booked 2 more port excursions with NO payments at all.

When the bill is seen , 2 original $50 credits are seen and then 2 additional tours with the minus line of -$50 beneath the line. You are paying for the difference

8 hours ago, dbrown84 said:

I'm not sure what you're arguing here.  We're saying the same thing.  You get credit of what you paid (up to $50) credited to your account after the completion of the excursion.  Has anyone said anything different from what you're saying???

Someonesaid that you get the full $50 per port even if you spend less than $50 on excursions at any given port.  Then went on to say that if you do thatyou can use the credit to pay the DSC, etc.  Not true.  Perhaps I thought you were that same person replying.

Someone said that you get the full $50 per port even if you spend less than $50 on excursions at any given port. 

Just like to add that shore excursions below $50 for a single or $25 for a couple in a cabin are like hen's teeth even after the P or P+ discount!!!  VBG

So if I booked online, paid for the excursion (in this case a Villa GSC that I didn't want to miss) I won't get the $50 credit for it?

Yes, you will.  A $50 credit will be applied to your on board account AFTER you return from GSC.  That $50 is not able to be used for the Daily Service Charge but can be used for anything else you purchase on  board.

Edited by Sauer-kraut

1 hour ago, Sauer-kraut said:

So if I booked online, paid for the excursion (in this case a Villa GSC that I didn't want to miss) I won't get the $50 credit for it?

Yes, you will.  A $50 credit will be applied to your on board account AFTER you return from GSC.  That $50 is not able to be used for the Daily Service Charge but can be used for anything else you purchase on  board.

Thanks! Already paid the DSC so not a problem there...