Captain's Club Celebration at 5:30 pm on embarkation Day

C 2 C

We sailed Equinox in July and this month.  Both times they had the Captains Club Celebration at 5:30 in the Sky Lounge on embarkation day.  On the July cruise we were allowed in the Sky Lounge for sail away and then shooed out at 4:30 so they could set up for the party.  On the August cruise the Sky Lounge was closed for sail away (sob!).  I guess X figured it was easier to set up for it if they didn’t let people in beforehand.

I actually thought it was a nice gesture for Celebrity to have something to welcome people on the first evening.  But then we’ve never gone since the introduction of the beverage package.

I think is a very good idea so most of us can enjoy drinks on the first day.

Remember there is no Happy hour on embarkation day.

Lets not to be selfish I do know some Zeniths don't like that idea.

Celebrity moved that event to the embarkation day because the attendants are  down and it didn't serve any purposes to hold such event.

Arno did you remember that I was with you on one of the Captain Celebration?

The event was luck warm.

I do like people acknowledged you as the top cruiser every time you are onboard.

Edited by verizon
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Orator said:

See you then.

Looking fwd to it. 

Should be a nice mix of ports 

Will be interesting to see how the Cap Club things roll out.

Watching the weather--which looks like it will impact (if anything) the Aug 31-ish sailings and I suppose those in the Antilles this week,

Fingers crossed Dorian is just a rain maker and doesn't bring friends. (nothing to speak of so far)

18 hours ago, 39august said:

OK,  I'll bite What is the CC Celebration party anyway? I am relatively new (2 yrs.) to X but only am familiar with the CC Happy Hour and the Senior Officers party. 

The CC Celebration is a welcome back event that is open to all Captain's Club members from classic on up. They serve free drinks and appetizers, usually with music with the CD hosting. 

Edited by kathynorth

If I remember correctly men aren’t allowed to wear shorts, and etc. as it is supposed to be smart casual.     How many passengers are unpacked and able to change into the proper dress by 5:30 PM ? 

If they held it at sail away that lounge would be a nice place to watch from along with having complimentary drinks to celebrate, but then X would lose a lot of revenue from those that didn’t have a drink pack and needed to have a drink during that time.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

On a cruise earlier this year we had the Connections party scheduled for 7:45–8:30pm, many moaned and groaned, it conflicted with dinner,  show, etc. Move it to a more convenient time.

We have done 27 cruises on X.  That Connections gathering was the best attended by both Officers and guests that I have experienced.  Drinks (CC drink menu ) & canapés were provided.  People were up mingling, meeting each other, chatting with the stripes .  Unlike the 9:45 or 10 am event where little interaction among the guest or with the  stripes this was a event well wort attending