Bedding Change on 10 Day Cruise?

peacefulOR

I would never have thought to ask this question until a recent 12 day TA on another line. Our sheets/cases were never changed. I know that it's not like a hotel but at least once a week? First time on Princess to the Mexican Riviera and would appreciate your input.

2 minutes ago, peacefulOR said:

I would never have thought to ask this question until a recent 12 day TA on another line. Our sheets/cases were never changed. I know that it's not like a hotel but at least once a week? First time on Princess to the Mexican Riviera and would appreciate your input.

Your cabin steward will change the sheets every 3 days.

Tony

• Like 2

Just now, donaldsc said:

If they really did not change them, did you ask?

DON

That cruise was such a horror that I didn't notice until day 8 and by then just gave up. Shame on me. Really not changed? Old bedding with stains and small tears, easy to tell once seen.

1 hour ago, Lucky TGO said:

Your cabin steward will change the sheets every 3 days.

Tony

I remember having them changed every day, but that was a couple of years ago. The routine may have changed or maybe it depends on the relationship you develop with the stateroom steward on embarkation day?

We decline sheet changes daily for sure.  I don't recall if one of our stewards said needed to do it every 3rd or 4th at least.  I will go with Captain T above.  We have a 10-night coming up and I will see if we can go 3-4-3.  We don't change sheets every 3/4 days at home and never see the need when we are away - land or sea. 

2 hours ago, peacefulOR said:

What cruise line ?  Must to avoid!

• Like 1

I'm sure that other cruisers have had different experiences (at least I hope so). The worst was on a 4/1917 TA from NYC to Copenhagen. We had a cabin attendant who looked ready to drop from the first day and it was his last time on NCL so we didn't report him. He had so many excuses for other mishaps during the cruise that I had let it go at that time. This year, NCL,, NYC to Southampton, another one full of problems but much better worker. Still didn't see anyone carrying linens on the whole cruise so I began to check ours again. Not the way I want to cruise. Hal, Carnival, and Royal were all good. Maybe we just had bad luck, twice.

41 minutes ago, MixerDave said:

What cruise line ?  Must to avoid!

I have never paid attention as I assumed they were changed periodically.  When we sail on the Star later this year I am going to mark the sheets in an inconspicuous location to see when they are changed.  Thanks for the information. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, satxdiver said:

I have never paid attention as I assumed they were changed periodically.  When we sail on the Star later this year I am going to mark the sheets in an inconspicuous location to see when they are changed.  Thanks for the information. 

If you do this I hope you mark them with something that will wash out like chocolate.

On my last cruise on the Royal I ate the turn down chocolate placed on the bed and a piece fell onto the sheets.  I tried to pick it up but as it was so small it just got smudged onto the sheet.  The next evening I had clean sheets, without even mentioning the chocolate mishap.

We certainly don't change sheets at home every day!! On board we don't even let the steward in every day to "clean" our cabin! We are very neat and allow them in every few days. If we need something like fresh towels we jut ask for them. At home we have cleaning service every other week and our home is just fine that way so on board every few days is much more than what we actually need.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, riffatsea said:

We certainly don't change sheets at home every day!! On board we don't even let the steward in every day to "clean" our cabin! We are very neat and allow them in every few days. If we need something like fresh towels we jut ask for them. At home we have cleaning service every other week and our home is just fine that way so on board every few days is much more than what we actually need.

Agree.

1 hour ago, riffatsea said:

Same here, though I did change sheets 2x a week when living in hot, humid climates. It sounds to me like Princess is doing a lot of things right judging from the nice responses here and the general impressions I'm getting. Really looking forward to our hot/humid cruise in January from where it will be cold/wet. Thanks, everyone!