Switching cabins onboard the ship

Hello!

We are sailing on the Symphony, September 7,2019. We have a party of 15 people traveling. We have several cabins in the same area on the ship. one cabin is a triple and one cabin is a single (my sister decided to come at the last minute) We want to move one of the people from the triple cabin, in with my sister. Doing in before the cruise is not an option, since they will make the other 2 girls move to a double occupancy cabin, on a completely different deck ( I tried) .

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with moving someone to a different cabin while onboard the ship. I know she cold sleep in the other cabin, but we need to give her full access to the cabin ( her own key)

If you link your accounts pre-cruise, then Guest Services will give her a room-access-only Key. Did it a few weeks ago with no problem. Guest Services just said we had to wait until after 1 PM when cabins were open (this was Boarding day). 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

If you link your accounts pre-cruise, then Guest Services will give her a room-access-only Key. Did it a few weeks ago with no problem. Guest Services just said we had to wait until after 1 PM when cabins were open (this was Boarding day). 

I doubt that lack of pre-cruise linking would affect Guest Services issuing extra keys.

• Like 1

Just now, Joseph2017China said:

Doesn't the Symphony have single cabins?  If so, than I would think they won't do it on the ship.  But if it is a double occupancy, and the single person paid double already, than they would not have an issue?

Guest Services does not care about what a guest paid for the stateroom.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Host Clarea said:

I doubt that lack of pre-cruise linking would affect Guest Services issuing extra keys.

2 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Good point, but it just made it so easy to do! My husband had been concerned it would be a problem but none at all for me to get a key so I could get into his room and daughter’s room (I was booked in daughter’s room).  

• Like 1

People sleep in other cabins all the time.  For the record the person that moves normally is still listed in the original cabin - gratuities.  If they have their own credit card this doesn't matter.  They also retain their original Muster Station and need to keep that card so they can check in correctly at the Muster Drill.  Unless the room key is keyed to a new room she will have to carry two cruise cards.  You can't get off the ship with a room-entry only card.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Not even vaguely necessary. Everything can be taken care of once people meet the cabin steward on board.

You know, that can be pretty hit and miss... many don’t actually meet their cabin steward on the first day.

A phone call beforehand can be quicker than chasing down an elusive steward, just sayin’.

Edited by snowglobe
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, snowglobe said:

You know, that can be pretty hit and miss... many don’t actually meet their cabin steward on the first day.

A phone call beforehand can be quicker than chasing down an elusive steward, just sayin’.

And a phone call beforehand rarely gets communicated and acted on by the ship.

• Like 3

On Explorer last month, we had a similar situation. To take advantage of the Diamond balcony discount, l was booked into room #1, and DW was booked into room #2. DD was in room #2, and her partner was (on paper anyway) in room #1 with me. Guest services quickly and easily swapped folk around, new Seapass cards and so on.

In fact, the only issue we had was at check-in at the terminal, where the staff couldn't handle the onboard account whereby Person A in Room #1 was to pay for the onboard spend on Person B in Room #2, and Person C in Room #2 was to pay for Person D in Room #1.

In the end, l literally had to draw a little diagram, showing how it worked. I was staggered that cruise terminal staff, who process thousands of guests every day, struggled to handle this.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/27/2019 at 8:27 PM, snowglobe said:

You have been lucky with the phone calls.  Even if you  do not  meet your cabin steward on the first day, a call onboard to Housekeeping and/or Guest Services will get you what you need.  🙂

1 hour ago, Rala said:

You have been lucky with the phone calls.  Even if you  do not  meet your cabin steward on the first day, a call onboard to Housekeeping and/or Guest Services will get you what you need.  🙂

Or a note left in the cabin can accomplish the same thing.  We have a few standard requests, ice, robe, bed setup that even if we do meet the steward we leave on a note just in case.  Never had any issues.

• Like 1

On 8/27/2019 at 8:31 PM, snowglobe said:

I’ve always had my request for two beds honoured.

I've never once had my request for a single bed honored. I suspect it's because I'm gay (note: I'm not saying RCCL is homophobic, quite the contrary, I think they just see two males in a room and assume the beds should be separate)