Do any ships still have towel animals?

SpainAlien

I know that back in April NCL announced that they were running a trial on some ships to see what effect eliminating towel animals had on the environment but does any one know which ships were affected and are there any ships left that still do them?

7 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

We sail a lot and have never had an alligator before. That about 7 towels going to the laundry. 

Right and by an overworked room steward. If my 9 and 12 year old daughters can do without them, grown ups sure as hell should be able to. Give your steward a break ....

41 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

Right and by an overworked room steward. If my 9 and 12 year old daughters can do without them, grown ups sure as hell should be able to. Give your steward a break ....

We gave him a some spending money in exchange for a couple of minutes of his time. 

• Like 1

It is available upon request but the explanation I was given made sesne. Just imagine over 1200 cabins per ship average of 2 towels of different sizes times 6 days (no animal on day 1) per week per ship = over 14000 towels unnecessarily sent to the laundry. It is about time they stop this! 

However perhaps ok for children only!

gerry1.10

2 hours ago, gerry1.10 said:

It is available upon request but the explanation I was given made sesne. Just imagine over 1200 cabins per ship average of 2 towels of different sizes times 6 days (no animal on day 1) per week per ship = over 14000 towels unnecessarily sent to the laundry. It is about time they stop this! 

However perhaps ok for children only!

gerry1.10

But you need towels anyhow - why would it make a difference to the laundry if they give you a towel in animal form, or folded up?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Named-Tawny said:

But you need towels anyhow - why would it make a difference to the laundry if they give you a towel in animal form, or folded up?

I wish it was the case. The animal towels are in ADDITION to the folded towels they placed for your daily use. Most of the animal towels ended up to the laundry without being used! 

3 minutes ago, gerry1.10 said:

I wish it was the case. The animal towels are in ADDITION to the folded towels they placed for your daily use. Most of the animal towels ended up to the laundry without being used! 

...that would explain why we seemed to be overflowing with towels when I was on the Pearl, lol.  We always enjoyed the animals, and then added them to our bathroom.

Maybe the solution then is to keep doing towel animals, but stop doing folded towels. 😉