Ice Cream

Titan_Cruiser

In 2017 we sailed on the Vista and they had hand dipped ice cream each day around lunchtime. There were two different flavors each day. We have been on a couple of other ships since then that did not have this ice cream. Is this just a Vista thing or are there other ships that have the hand dipped ice cream? Specifically the Breeze.

1 hour ago, Titan_Cruiser said:

In 2017 we sailed on the Vista and they had hand dipped ice cream each day around lunchtime. There were two different flavors each day. We have been on a couple of other ships since then that did not have this ice cream. Is this just a Vista thing or are there other ships that have the hand dipped ice cream? Specifically the Breeze.

Just the Vista and Horizon for now, it is gelato

One minor (major to some) correction... it isn't ice cream they serve, it's gelato... and it is WONDERFUL!!! I sailed on Vista in June on a keto diet that I was mostly able to stick to, except for that gelato each lunch time!!! The coffee flavored gelato was hands down my fav! but there was another one that was caramel-y and just to die for!

6 minutes ago, Banditswife said:

Sailing Vista the end of this month.  Where is this gelato served?  I love coffee flavored ice cream, so I am sure I would love this.

Can't remember where the Gelato was, although Sweet Spot has a nice selection of ice cream AND they also have build your own ice cream sandwiches!
Veerrry tasty!

The gelato lines in the Lido get longer as the cruise goes on, and it's best to try this on embarkation or the very first sea day.  If there is a long line, the demand sometimes exceeds the product production, and you may need to pick a secondary or even a tertiary flavor if your first or second choice is temporarily scooped out.

16 hours ago, Shaded Lady said:

One minor (major to some) correction... it isn't ice cream they serve, it's gelato... and it is WONDERFUL!!! I sailed on Vista in June on a keto diet that I was mostly able to stick to, except for that gelato each lunch time!!! The coffee flavored gelato was hands down my fav! but there was another one that was caramel-y and just to die for!

Gelato? huh..

• Haha 1