Princess current drink prices

lcruiser

15 hours ago, BCCRUSINGCOUPLE said:

By memory around 12 dollars. I find the drink package as long as you drink at least 12 drinks a day it is worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You might be thinking of another cruise line. There's almost nothing on Princess over $10.

Jim

• Thanks 1

Just off the Golden in Alaska and a Grey Goose martini and a glass of their cheapest Pinot Noir totalled $24.78 including mandated gratuity at the Promenade bar if that helps for comparative purposes, and if memory serves each were similar in costs....about $12-ish.

Edited by Gr8scotty
Additional info
  • Thanks 1

Not very many drinks are menu priced at or over $12. A few wines and some high end single malts are. Martini's and other mixed drinks are menu priced at around $10 or less. A Jack Daniels will be around $8. Single malts can be more expensive. These drinks and some wines are the few that are over the drink package's $12 menu price limit. When comparing for possible drink package note the following:

The drink package limit is $12 as priced on the menu. The cost of the drink package includes the gratuity and no further per drink gratuity is added.

To compare to purchasing drinks separately you have to add the 18% gratuity to the menu price. A $10 menu prices drink will be charged to your account as $11.80.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, BCCRUSINGCOUPLE said:

By memory around 12 dollars. I find the drink package as long as you drink at least 12 drinks a day it is worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 - 7 alcoholic drinks to 'breakeven ... depending on what you are drinking ... more if beer ... less if a decent wine in Vines ... and don't forget the water, coffees, teas are also included

NO SHARING of ANY !!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, voljeep said:

6 - 7 alcoholic drinks to 'breakeven ... depending on what you are drinking ... more if beer ... less if a decent wine in Vines ... and don't forget the water, coffees, teas are also included

NO SHARING of ANY !!

Uh, there has been some discussion that on the Emerald anyway, the person was allowed to share the drink package.. at least those drinks with alcohol, with others.  Not sure how widespread this is or will become.

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Denmal said:

There is no way Princess is going to allow sharing of the drink package.  

I agree and if sharing becomes an issue they will probably do what other cruise lines do. They will require all passengers 21 and over who are sharing the same room to purchase it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Iamcruzin said:

I agree and if sharing becomes an issue they will probably do what other cruise lines do. They will require all passengers 21 and over who are sharing the same room to purchase it.

and when, not if, that happens ... it will be the end of us purchasing drink packages ... will carry on fuzzy water, wine, maybe buy a bucket of beer or so and with the mini-bar we'll be just fine ...

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Redwing55 said:

Uh, there has been some discussion that on the Emerald anyway, the person was allowed to share the drink package.. at least those drinks with alcohol, with others.  Not sure how widespread this is or will become.

You referring to the guy on facebook who said he was allowed to share his package with 2 others as long as they did not go over the 15 drink limit and did not order more than one drink at a time?

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, EmilyColwell said:

You referring to the guy on facebook who said he was allowed to share his package with 2 others as long as they did not go over the 15 drink limit and did not order more than one drink at a time?

Yes.  Hoping I'm not spreading misinformation.  If so, I apologize.  It seemed legit when I read it last.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Redwing55 said:

Yes.  Hoping I'm not spreading misinformation.  If so, I apologize.  It seemed legit when I read it last.

It very clearly says you are not allowed to share. He broke the agreement with Princess and then he patted himself on the back for doing it. I really appreciate that my husband, a teetotaler, doesn't have to buy the drink package just because I do. I would hate for the policy to change because people are taking advantage of it. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Peckishpixie said:

It very clearly says you are not allowed to share. He broke the agreement with Princess and then he patted himself on the back for doing it. I really appreciate that my husband, a teetotaler, doesn't have to buy the drink package just because I do. I would hate for the policy to change because people are taking advantage of it. 

UH maybe so, but the post clearly stated that Princess knew about it and essentially encouraged it.  It's not like they were keeping it hidden.  It was quite visible to Princess and they gave them the drinks knowing that they were going to more than one person.  I'm good with it when it's done in this manner.  

• Thanks 1

On 9/1/2019 at 6:09 PM, lcruiser said:

I am considering the drink package.  Can someone tell me the current drink prices. Like jack daniels or single malt scotch. 

Thank you 

my first princess cruise I have mostly cruise with Holland America. 

Most of the drinks  🥃 🍸 🍹🍷 are between $10.00 & $ 12.00 plus gratuity. 

Tony

• Thanks 1

Depending on the itinerary, I find the drink package to often not be worth the squeeze.  For instance this December we are going for 7 days on the Sky Princess.  Four days are long port days, so won't drink much on the ship.  Plus, we usually bring a nice bottle of wine for each night at dinner.  Just couldn't consume enough drinks to make it pay off.  Figure 7 drinks a day at about $10 on average to make it worth the effort...and see if you are good with that based on your port days.  If so, go for it.  

15 hours ago, Redwing55 said:

I know lots of people were quoting the rules of the drink package to him but he did say he talked to the guest services desk and dining manager and they did say it was a soft trial.

His words not mine.

• Thanks 1