Purchase thermal suite day pass now or during embarkation

hbgroadends

Question for those who like to use the Thermal Suite and Hydrotherapy Pool:

Do you generally book your pass online before the cruise or pay for it during embarkation day? Is it cheaper to wait and do it during embarkation?

I'll be going on a 27 day cruise at the end of September. Right now, it is $279 for 14+ days. I've heard they are discounted during embarkation, and in the past, that is when I generally book it.

Has anyone purchased this during embarkation lately, and how much was it?

Thanks!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jammu2 said:

I don't have a ton of experience but on each of my recent hal cruises the package was cheaper if you buy it online beforehand.

I'm having difficulty finding how to purchase this online.

This is our first HAL cruise, and I've just set up an account and can "see" our excursions choices for each day.  But I don't see any category (such as beverage packages) that shows a full-cruise spa pass.

Many thanks!

GC

I purchased the pass before hand on our last two cruises. On one cruise, purchasing it onboard was cheaper, but the refunded the difference before I had a chance to ask. On the other cruise, the pass was more expensive onboard.

15 minutes ago, GeezerCouple said:

I'm having difficulty finding how to purchase this online.

This is our first HAL cruise, and I've just set up an account and can "see" our excursions choices for each day.  But I don't see any category (such as beverage packages) that shows a full-cruise spa pass.

Many thanks!

GC

Slready Booked >

Cruise Activities >

Spa >

Relaxation Areas

My price for May 2020 14+ days is $279 single, $429 couple.

Once you are onboard, can you purchase a one-day spa pass, just to try it out? Our first HAL cruise (K-dam, next September) is going to be a very port-intensive (only one sea day) 7-nighter. So, I'm thinking that a week-long pass would be a waste of $$. However, being a big fan of the T-pools on X's 'Millie-Class' ships, I would love a chance just to try out the famed HAL hydro pool, as well as the other thermal-suite features. 😎

6 hours ago, wwcruisers said:

Once you are onboard, can you purchase a one-day spa pass, just to try it out? Our first HAL cruise (K-dam, next September) is going to be a very port-intensive (only one sea day) 7-nighter. So, I'm thinking that a week-long pass would be a waste of $$. However, being a big fan of the T-pools on X's 'Millie-Class' ships, I would love a chance just to try out the famed HAL hydro pool, as well as the other thermal-suite features. 😎

Your best bet is to talk to the spa staff once you board.  They will be there with a registration form.

Normally, IF there is availability, they will allow a one day pass BUT it is entirely possible that it will only be available on a port day.

Port intensive doesn’t mean you can’t use it.  I used it early on sea days and on port days, I used it when we got back. Out of the 33 days, I only missed one and it was a sea day but a busy one 😉 

• Thanks 1

On 9/2/2019 at 12:36 PM, jlnprt said:

I purchased the pass before hand on our last two cruises. On one cruise, purchasing it onboard was cheaper, but the refunded the difference before I had a chance to ask. On the other cruise, the pass was more expensive onboard.

So, it sounds like I could go ahead and buy it ahead of time and if there is a different price I would be credited, right?

Also, I noticed when I try to purchase online that it asks for a time. Did you have that as well when you purchased it online? If so, were you obligated to use the pass only at that time every day?

Thanks!

6 hours ago, hbgroadends said:

So, it sounds like I could go ahead and buy it ahead of time and if there is a different price I would be credited, right?

Also, I noticed when I try to purchase online that it asks for a time. Did you have that as well when you purchased it online? If so, were you obligated to use the pass only at that time every day?

Thanks!

I purchased ahead of time and that was my experience. When you purchase on-line, it does prompt you for a specific time. I called about that  and was told it was a "computer glitch" …. just put in any time. You will be able to use it anytime the thermal spa is open.

• Like 1

I have pre-booked my pass (for the cruise).   From what I understand, the number of thermal suite passes are limited so there could be the chance that you may not even be able to get one on board (and I suppose "discounts" once on board is because they didn't sell all the passes?).   Day passes can only be purchased on board (unless something changed) and are only offered on a "IF available" basis.   If you're really set on it, I would pre-book.   I have found even on port intensive, it helps get rid of the aches and pains from all the walking during the day.

3 hours ago, ricka47 said:

My wife loves to use the sauna.  If I remember, you don't need to have a spa pass to use that?

If the sauna is outside the thermal suite, she doesn't need any type of pass.

OP, you can wait until you get on the ship and purchase the spa pass at a nice discount.  Go first thing after lunch.  If you board later, go to spa first.  We've never had a problem buying a pass onboard.  Generally, we arrive at the spa about 2 p.m.  You should be fine if you wait.  If you are that nervous about waiting and aren't bothered by paying a little more, then by all means purchase before you leave.  Enjoy the privileges that go with the pass.  It's lovely.  

18 minutes ago, freestyling said:

Heated ceramic lounge chairs, steam rooms and the therapy pool.depending on the ship the therapy pool may be a hot tub in the same room as the lounge chairs and steam rooms. 

Thanks very much.

This would be the Noordam (sorry... I should have specified).

So the main question is whether it is a hot tub OR a therapy pool?  My understanding is that Noordam has the therapy pool.

GC

Therapy pool. My guess would be.. What...18 feet by 30? Heated. Not too hot. Wish it was hotter. One end is a steel rod chaise the width of the pool with bubbles from beneath. Center is more hot tub like. Stronger jets. Room for 4 or 6 around a steel wheel in the center. Massage heads spraying down on the back two corners with the steps in and out. Jets around the perimeter.

Showers (please use them). Maybe 22 or 24 loungers around the pool. Windows to the outside shaded. Nice place imo.

Edited by Jammu2
Spelling etc
  • Like 1

Thanks, all! Upon further deliberation, I've decided to wait until I get on board. I might end up only purchasing day passes for the days I go, if available. Because the therapy pool on the Eurodam isn't very big, I'm not sure if it will be worth it to me. We'll see. 

26 minutes ago, grest said:

So if I purchase the relaxations package, I have to give them a time, but don't have to stick with that time?  Also, is there a time limit as to how long you can stay, and can you go in more than once a day?  Thank you.

If by "relaxations package" you mean thermal suite pass, you can go whenever you want, stay as long as you want, and go more than once a day. 

The thermal pool is a wonderful things for aches and joint pain!  I just purchased a one week pass online to make sure I had it available to me when I'm on our upcoming cruise.  HAL says that the amount of people they sell it to is limited, so I do purchase ahead of time to make sure I have the thermal pass.  Not sure if that is just a "Marketing" ploy to say that space is limited in order to entice us to purchase prior to sailing, but I don't want to take any chances of missing out on that wonderful thermal pool.  If you do purchase on line, the HAL website still stupidly still asks you for a time, which is as stated above in a previous post, is a glitch in the system.  And yes, you can go anytime they are open and use it as many times a day as you would like.