Moorea and Sydney

Jancruz

Hi All..

I have a friend that is going to Moorea for four nights before her November Papeete to Sydney cruise..she wants a moderate (but nice) hotel in Moorea and would consider over the water if not to pricey ..also in Sydney a moderate hotel in a really great location..I have not stayed in Moorea and in Sydney did not like the hotel (Ritz Carlton) that I was in..so I really need help on this..I think you Oceania posters are the best on the boards Thanks in advance

Jancruz1

Edited by Jancruz

2 hours ago, ORV said:

We stayed at the Marriott Circular Quay and found it very well situated to all we wanted to do. Short walk to the train or to the ferries. 

Also, the Marriott - Circular Quay is conveniently located next door to the Australia Wine Center shop should you wish to bring a case+\- onboard.

As for a Sydney hotel on the harbor front, we like the Park Hyatt but it's pricey.

Intercontinental at Circular Quay. And Sofitel 

Moorea!!! Both are exceptional!

Our first time to Moorea we stayed at Sofitel they came and picked us up at the air port and took us back to the cruise ship👍👍

Intercontinental was top notch and we enjoyed our selves there! It is up to you on costs!

Denise😊

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

we like the Park Hyatt but it's pricey.

That it is - currently at around A$1600+/night - unless you get it free like we did a few years ago.

At that time Chase had an offer on their Hyatt credit card. Open the card - no spending requirement and you get 2 free nights at any Hyatt in the world. We both got the card and had 3 night at that great property for free.

Ahhhh - the good old days - how I miss them 😀

5 hours ago, Paulchili said:

That it is - currently at around A$1600+/night - unless you get it free like we did a few years ago.

At that time Chase had an offer on their Hyatt credit card. Open the card - no spending requirement and you get 2 free nights at any Hyatt in the world. We both got the card and had 3 night at that great property for free.

Ahhhh - the good old days - how I miss them 😀

Now that is what I call awesome!

Beautiful place!

Denise😊

• Like 1

If your friend really means it about a moderate hotel in a great location in Moorea, we adore Les Tipeniers. But nothing is really inexpensive in Moorea. For the other hotels on the island, the folks on the Paul Gauguin board are probably the best ones to ask: many of those people have been to French Polynesia in general and Moorea in particular many many times.

One other comment: your friend should consider the ferry from Papeete instead of flying.

Edited by DavidTheWonderer

We stayed at the Manava Beach Resort twice in a bungalow with a small private pool (not over the water).  You can walk to "town" from here and to other restaurants. We stayed in an apartment in Sydney so can't help with that location.

• Like 1

Another vote for the Marriott Circular Quay in Sydney.  Amazing location!!!  Some of the views from the high floors can take your breath away.  You can use Marriott Bonvoy points if you are a member of the program.  There are other options in the area that might be a bit cheaper but still offer the location with easy access to the city centre, harbour bridge, and opera house.  As others said above, Darling Harbour is also a fun place to stay and sometimes can offer competitive rates in comparison to hotels near the Quay. 

I stayed at the Hilton on Moorea.  It is a beautiful place but, in addition to most of the big resorts on Moorea, is rather pricey - Hilton, Intercontinental, Sofitel.  I believe that an OTW bungalow is going to cost over $600USD per night for a cheapest option.  Hotel points are a great option if they have any available. 

10 hours ago, GICNJC said:

We are booked at Meriton Suites Campbell St location for five days before the Dec 6 departure.   It is like a small apartment with all the amenities.  Good reviews on viator.  Cheaper to book directly. 

This is where we stayed as well. Not on Circular Quay but we liked it a lot. Lots of restaurants etc. Apartment had washer and dryer and full kitchen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1