Making Future Cruise Reservations While Onboard....?

WoodstockGirl

19 minutes ago, steelers36 said:

I prefer cash discount off cruise fare as well.  We usually book our own excursions and bring own wine and drink lightly, so I am never looking to try and spend a lot of OBC.  (Of course, perhaps the poster's OBC was refundable).

Over $2000 of the OBC is refundable but we would likely use all the OBC during the 28 day voyage (I mentioned this in another post).  But wanted to respond to your thoughtful post and wondered if you are contemplating changing your "nick" after what happened on Sunday night :(.  It was truly UGLY!

Hank 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hlitner said:

Normally I would agree with you and we often do the same :).  But there are exceptions to every rule.  In this case, when doing the math, we would have actually lost money by changing the reservation to the lower/discounted rate.  This happened because of the extra OBCs (double the normal amount) from Princess.  In addition, by going to the lower price our $100 refundable deposit would have turned into a much higher deposit (non-refundable if we wanted the lowest price).  

Hank

Another reason why I use the TA that I do.  😉

22 hours ago, waltd said:

We just booked last week on the Star and there were no restrictions.   Got double OBC and it was transferable to my travel agent  and fully refundable.   It worked for us

You're saying it applied to all ships and for all time periods?

We've seen the offer before a few times.

Just now, MissP22 said:

You're saying it applied to all ships and for all time periods?

We've seen the offer before a few times.

We talked about many different  cruises with the on board travel consultant and he never once mentioned any restrictions .   There was no mention of any restrictions on the in room TV commercial.    We finally ended up booking a transatlantic on the Enchanted next year.   We were also looking at a Canary Island cruise.     Can't say if it is all ships and all time periods just know what they offered on the Star in Alaska. 

Just now, waltd said:

We talked about many different  cruises with the on board travel consultant and he never once mentioned any restrictions .   There was no mention of any restrictions on the in room TV commercial.    We finally ended up booking a transatlantic on the Enchanted next year.   We were also looking at a Canary Island cruise.     Can't say if it is all ships and all time periods just know what they offered on the Star in Alaska. 

Your offer sounds much less restricted then when we booked a few years ago. Back then I recall it only applied for 5 or 6 ships & only certain dates, one of which we booked (Grand Princess). I know when we booked our trip our TA applied additional TA OBC on top of what Princess gave us on the ship. 

I suppose it all depends on how well the the future cruises are being booked. 

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 8:50 PM, Jezabel2924 said:

On our cruise last month they were offering double the onboard credit for buying and using FCD--so if you would normally get $100 credit when using the FCD you would get $200, for $300 you would get $600.  They would also transfer the booking to the TA of choice.   There were a lot of people taking advantage of the offer.

+1 here.  Yes they work with your TA quite nicely

Cheers

On 9/11/2019 at 8:50 PM, Jezabel2924 said:

On our cruise last month they were offering double the onboard credit for buying and using FCD--so if you would normally get $100 credit when using the FCD you would get $200, for $300 you would get $600.  They would also transfer the booking to the TA of choice.   There were a lot of people taking advantage of the offer.

19 hours ago, Go-Bucks! said:

Do they put a notice in the Patters? 

I was also going to ask where you saw this as I've never noticed the offer on any of our cruises but I'll be watching for it now.

For the people who were able to use the double OBC an any cruise - do you know if it would be transferable if you got home and decided to switch cruises?

55 minutes ago, chamima said:

I was also going to ask where you saw this as I've never noticed the offer on any of our cruises but I'll be watching for it now.

For the people who were able to use the double OBC an any cruise - do you know if it would be transferable if you got home and decided to switch cruises?

Not sure if the whole thing was transferable.  There were notices sent out everywhere , in the Patter and there was a big sign at the past passenger desk.  We got 3 flyers in our cabin with specific lists of cruise deals that could be booked (in addition to any other you wanted) as well as two forms already filled out for FCD that you could just sign and put in the box.  We were on the Pacific Princess and they told us that 89% of the passengers were Platinum and Elite so they were well traveled.  There was nearly always someone waiting to book a cruise and get the bonus.  They did say it was for new bookings only. 

On a recent  cruise, the Circle hostess at the Captain's Circle Party mentioned to see her or the Future Cruise Consultant regarding doubling your Future Cruise OBC even on cruises you have already booked as long as you used  Future Cruise Credits when booked.I thought that was odd and maybe I heard wrong.  So I stood in line (I was only 3 rd in line) waiting for one of them during their office hours for 1 1/2 hours. Turns out, very misleading statement.  What the Future Cruise consultant wanted to do was rebook my cruises , use new FCC. Then when I go home have my travel agent cancel my previous bookings. I kept asking him what about all my credits I already have because my booking were under the Landmark sale and others one. He didn't get it.

No way to get additional $100.00 would I risk that. Also I would have to take guaranties instead of my actual cabin. He said no problem your travel agent when she cancels your original bookings , can then apply the cabin to the new one. In the real world, maybe that can work but so iffy. All to get additional $100. I passed on his deal.

Turns out I discussed with my travel agent and she said good I did that. She herself was offered deals like that and passed on it.

3 hours ago, san diego sue said:

On a recent  cruise, the Circle hostess at the Captain's Circle Party mentioned to see her or the Future Cruise Consultant regarding doubling your Future Cruise OBC even on cruises you have already booked as long as you used  Future Cruise Credits when booked.I thought that was odd and maybe I heard wrong.  So I stood in line (I was only 3 rd in line) waiting for one of them during their office hours for 1 1/2 hours. Turns out, very misleading statement.  What the Future Cruise consultant wanted to do was rebook my cruises , use new FCC. Then when I go home have my travel agent cancel my previous bookings. I kept asking him what about all my credits I already have because my booking were under the Landmark sale and others one. He didn't get it.

No way to get additional $100.00 would I risk that. Also I would have to take guaranties instead of my actual cabin. He said no problem your travel agent when she cancels your original bookings , can then apply the cabin to the new one. In the real world, maybe that can work but so iffy. All to get additional $100. I passed on his deal.

Turns out I discussed with my travel agent and she said good I did that. She herself was offered deals like that and passed on it.

Ah the good ole fine print.  Thanks

6 hours ago, chamima said:

I just read the terms of our booking (under the promotion) and it says the OBC is "not transferrable."  Whether they would make an exception is anyone's guess.

Hank

41 minutes ago, chamima said:

I asked the question while on board and the cruise consultant said that if at some future date I decided to switch to another cruise the double credit did not carry over to the new cruise.   Standard credit would apply.

• Thanks 1